Page 1392 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 392892129213421382139013911392139313941402144214921892 ... LastLast
Results 27,821 to 27,840 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    New to me. Do you deliver?
    ms 'left would know if one was missing. Maybe Mattman can bring you one. He's everywhere!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    ms 'left would know if one was missing. Maybe Mattman can bring you one. He's everywhere!
    Pretty much. I will be in Raleigh tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Pretty much. I will be in Raleigh tomorrow
    Ahh, shoot. We're at the NC coast until Sunday AM. Maybe next visit.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Peter's Creek Lowe's Foods in W-S has Mother Earth's (Kinston) Silent Night on tap. Apparently not BBA version.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Peter's Creek Lowe's Foods in W-S has Mother Earth's (Kinston) Silent Night on tap. Apparently not BBA version.
    Silent Night is always bourbon barrel-aged. Over the last few years, they've started using different spirits for their barrel aging in addition to bourbon barrels. Fuse will be able to better comment on this topic. If you're in the vicinity, I'd get a crowler/growler. High cat 3 quality stuff.

Heavyweights coming out late...

Lol. Another beer we tried in Asheville was Bhramari Brewing's Lorelei, an IPA with Citra, Mandarina, and Huell Melon. ms killerleft and I loved that one. She declared it was as good as the Wise Man Blissed Out: Mango Milkshake. High praise from her. It was really well-balanced and hazy. Smelled good, too. Citrusy and fruity, easy to drink. We have five in the can left from our six pack. Our first Loreleis were on tap at Black Mountain Brewery.
    Not my story to tell; at least one poster on this board was a Bhramari investor for a while.

I’ve had a couple of their beers a few years ago.

I still have a Silent Night BBA graciously traded from fuse as part of a basketball ticket for cash and beer exchange. Actually two for tickets. And I think fuse liked the tickets and I got the better end of the deal on the beers. Saving it for maybe 2023 when I hopefully retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    SoPines Brewing Salted Caramel Macchiato Stout

Finally got around to drinking a pint of this. Pours a nice dark color. Minimal thin head. Very well balanced between the caramel flavors and the coffee. Just the right amount of sweetness. Maybe a little bit of maple as well. Paired it with a "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal, and it matched really well. Right on the line between Cat 2 and Cat 3 for me. Very much worth seeking out.
    I caved last week .

Salted Caramel Macchiato Stout-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Close enough to local

Credit-yes, it was on my Visa
    Style-imperial flavored coffee milk stout
    Format-pint can, shared
    Stemware-snifters
    Freshness metrics-"canned in" (that is all that is stamped on the bottom of the can )
    Nose-a chocolate caramel latte
    Appearance-dark, dark brown; really thin head
    Mouthfeel-a bit thin
    Tastes-caramel, dark chocolate milk, hint of brine, coffee
    Adjuncts-lactose, dulce de leche, sea salt, coffee
    IBU-51
    ABV-10%
    Overall impression-a very, very good beer latte
    Ymm, Beer rating-I snuck this into the cat 3 group; an excellent blending of all the adjuncts; great suggestion by WMB

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I still have a Silent Night BBA graciously traded from fuse as part of a basketball ticket for cash and beer exchange. Actually two for tickets. And I think fuse liked the tickets and I got the better end of the deal on the beers. Saving it for maybe 2023 when I hopefully retire.
    You don't look a day over...

Never mind .

You don't look a day over...

Never mind .
    Thanks. But I’m old as dirt.

Well, we have more in common than just beer as I've been told I'm as smart as dirt .

From 1/8/20:

I'll recap one from last PM (no pun intended-really ).

Bladow!-Casita Cerveceria

Nearby.

Credit-single member of 4 pack gifted by older daughter and her husband at Christmas; thanks!
    Format-pint can
    Style-imperial breakfast (milk) stout
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-dark, dark brown; creamy and foamy tan head
    Nose-espresso
    Mouthfeel-silky
    Tastes-strong coffee; dark chocolate (not added); molasses; burnt grains; dark caramel
    IBU-(shrugs)-50?
    ABV-11.5% (a strong after dinner/nightcap beverage)
    Overall rating-another winner from this eastern NC brewery
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid cat 3; two remain-available to trade this month or next or I'll drink in March
    From minutes ago:

Bladow!

Shared pint can stolen (L1 Canned on 11/21/2019 13:46:42), err, gifted from older son-in-law after he went to bed last PM .

Same tasting thoughts almost 6 months later. Shoulda added a splash of half and half .

Silent Night is always bourbon barrel-aged. Over the last few years, they've started using different spirits for their barrel aging in addition to bourbon barrels. Fuse will be able to better comment on this topic. If you're in the vicinity, I'd get a crowler/growler. High cat 3 quality stuff.
    Good to know! I've got two 32 oz. growlers to buy tomorrow for an outdoor visit with friends. One is WMB Blissed Out, the other I haven't decided on yet. Probably won't get to W-S though. The other may be the BBA Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie from Southern Pines. I remember it was mentioned by someone on Ymm, Beer, but can't remember if it was recommended. Help?

Good to know! I've got two 32 oz. growlers to buy tomorrow for an outdoor visit with friends. One is WMB Blissed Out, the other I haven't decided on yet. Probably won't get to W-S though. The other may be the BBA Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie from Southern Pines. I remember it was mentioned by someone on Ymm, Beer, but can't remember if it was recommended. Help?
    Definitely recommended by me and Tripping Will.

It has some sweetness to it as is fair for a Bourbon raisin pecan pie beer. But this beer is Cat 3, complex, and you taste it all. Absolutely worth trying.

In fairness, I'm biased and like a good pie. Enjoy

I caved last week .

Salted Caramel Macchiato Stout-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Close enough to local

Credit-yes, it was on my Visa
    Style-imperial flavored coffee milk stout
    Format-pint can, shared
    Stemware-snifters
    Freshness metrics-"canned in" (that is all that is stamped on the bottom of the can )
    Nose-a chocolate caramel latte
    Appearance-dark, dark brown; really thin head
    Mouthfeel-a bit thin
    Tastes-caramel, dark chocolate milk, hint of brine, coffee
    Adjuncts-lactose, dulce de leche, sea salt, coffee
    IBU-51
    ABV-10%
    Overall impression-a very, very good beer latte
    Ymm, Beer rating-I snuck this into the cat 3 group; an excellent blending of all the adjuncts; great suggestion by WMB
    Glad you enjoyed. I’m on the lookout for more of this. May have to declare my Independence by visiting the SoPines facility.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Well, we have more in common than just beer as I've been told I'm as smart as dirt .
    I’m often clear as mud.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Definitely recommended by me and Tripping Will.

It has some sweetness to it as is fair for a Bourbon raisin pecan pie beer. But this beer is Cat 3, complex, and you taste it all. Absolutely worth trying.

In fairness, I'm biased and like a good pie. Enjoy
    What RJ199 said about the SoPines. As dessert beer as dessert beer gets.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

This would be an unusual find.
    I’ve only seen Silent Night on tap in the Mother Earth taproom, only 750ml bottles seem to leave the brewery in limited amounts.

The early (2011-2015? 2016?) Silent Nights were solely BBA, in non Mother Earth barrels. Somewhere around 2015, Mother Earth started Silent Night release day, and had variants on draft, including aging in their whiskey barrels, and different adjuncts (chocolate, cherry, peppers,...).
    In the last 2-3 years, there have been bottled variants (only at the brewery) including tequila barrel aged this year.

Silent Night generally gets my highest recommendation.

Even if you don’t get a growler, I’d be curious what year, and if it is the original or a variant.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    This would be an unusual find.
    I’ve only seen Silent Night on tap in the Mother Earth taproom, only 750ml bottles seem to leave the brewery in limited amounts.

The early (2011-2015? 2016?) Silent Nights were solely BBA, in non Mother Earth barrels. Somewhere around 2015, Mother Earth started Silent Night release day, and had variants on draft, including aging in their whiskey barrels, and different adjuncts (chocolate, cherry, peppers,...).
    In the last 2-3 years, there have been bottled variants (only at the brewery) including tequila barrel aged this year.

Silent Night generally gets my highest recommendation.

Even if you don’t get a growler, I’d be curious what year, and if it is the original or a variant.
    I knew we could depend on fuse for a better explanation than mine.