Page 931 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932933941981103114311931 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

"Bud Light backtracks from its Super Bowl ads about corn syrup"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bud-light...130739434.html

"The ads were not such a hit with competitors and corn farmers."

24.gif
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Bud Light backtracks from its Super Bowl ads about corn syrup"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bud-light...130739434.html

"The ads were not such a hit with competitors and corn farmers."

24.gif
    While I still chortle over the ad, it has ceased to amaze me that AB marketing is ignorant of its own portfolio.

Let’s poke fun at corn syrup which we use in other products. This is pumpkin cappucino beer take two- a prior Super Bowl ad that made fun of Elysian(?), which they had acquired days before running the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    While I still chortle over the ad, it has ceased to amaze me that AB marketing is ignorant of its own portfolio.

Let’s poke fun at corn syrup which we use in other products. This is pumpkin cappucino beer take two- a prior Super Bowl ad that made fun of Elysian(?), which they had acquired days before running the ad.
    I believe it was indeed Elysian. And let's not forget InBev's rice adjunct. (Yea, I know Great Divide makes this: https://greatdivide.com/beers/samurai-rice-ale/)

https://www.fastcompany.com/90303545...tm_content=rss

I’d say I don’t even know why I want it, except I absolutely do.
    Make more NASCAR vehicles into beer cans so we can all have one!
    I’m not a NASCAR fan, I am a car guy.
    This is just plain neat.

Pakalolo (1/19/19 stamped on bottom/side of can)-Sycamore Brewing Company

Drink NC beer!

Beer #3 from February's beer club 4 pack, this one a pint can.

Pour was a hazy orange-yellow with a generous, frothy head. OK, who snuck Dole fruit juice into my beer can? Fresh pineapple-orange-grapefruit juice scents make the first impressions, then mango and peach sneak onto the palate with some rindy/pithy bitterness. I'll guess IBUs at 40 for this NEIPA with the ABV at 6.8%. I almost had a half pint draft while picking up Tripping William's 4 bagger of the Wine Barrel-Aged Joco Tater but chose a Haw River ale instead. This would certainly entice me to try another Sycamore brew or three.

Pakalolo (1/19/19 stamped on bottom/side of can)-Sycamore Brewing Company

Drink NC beer!

Beer #3 from February's beer club 4 pack, this one a pint can.

Pour was a hazy orange-yellow with a generous, frothy head. OK, who snuck Dole fruit juice into my beer can? Fresh pineapple-orange-grapefruit juice scents make the first impressions, then mango and peach sneak onto the palate with some rindy/pithy bitterness. I'll guess IBUs at 40 for this NEIPA with the ABV at 6.8%. I almost had a half pint draft while picking up Tripping William's 4 bagger of the Wine Barrel-Aged Joco Tater but chose a Haw River ale instead. This would certainly entice me to try another Sycamore brew or three.
    I *almost* snagged a foursome of this at our local Whole Foods the other day. Maybe next week ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I *almost* snagged a foursome of this at our local Whole Foods the other day. Maybe next week ...
    Any other Sycamore brews you'd recommend? Not that many make it to Raleigh and I generally pass them over for other products due to lack of familiarity.

Any other Sycamore brews you'd recommend? Not that many make it to Raleigh and I generally pass them over for other products due to lack of familiarity.
    I quite like their Mountain Candy IPA. They also have a lager that I have not tried.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I quite like their Mountain Candy IPA. They also have a lager that I have not tried.
    I thought you had mentioned that before. Hmmm...

Hiverna (draft)-Haw River Farmhouse Ales

Drink NC beer!

An after work treat today while securing a 4 pack of legal beverage for Tripping William as mentioned above.

A half pint of this was $3 and money well spent. Appearance was a yellow-pear pulp hue with a thin, off-white head. Complex nose with apples, pears and spices with matching palate ticklers plus a bit of funk and a pinch of black pepper. It's an imperial saison so I'll guess the IBUs about 20. The ABV on the electronic chalk board was 8.6% and, after 8 ounces of this, it was rather warming. A description follows from the Bottle Revolution website draft list and I'll let y'all decide if you'd seek this out. I would certainly have another serving of this. It was only on tap tonight so I have no idea about any package form of this.

"Our Imperial Winter Harvest Saison, made with fresh NC-grown organic sweet potatoes and winter squash, and spiced just enough with fresh turmeric root, Indian coriander, Ceylon cinnamon bark and crushed szechuan peppercorns."

Dollar off beers at Zillicoah and $2 tacos - tough to beat.

Had the saison, wheat ipa, and helles. All exception, especially the saison. Bummed they didn't have their Vienna lager

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Dollar off beers at Zillicoah and $2 tacos - tough to beat.

Had the saison, wheat ipa, and helles. All exception, especially the saison. Bummed they didn't have their Vienna lager
    Do they package any brews? Cans/bottles/crowlers? If so, I'm in for whatever you bring on your next family trip to Raleigh. I'll start printing the fake currency tomorrow .

Do they package any brews? Cans/bottles/crowlers? If so, I'm in for whatever you bring on your next family trip to Raleigh. I'll start printing the fake currency tomorrow .
    I did notice some large format bottles available at the bar that appeared to be available for purchase. Didn't check to see what they were offering as I wasn't planning on purchasing any. I'll check next time I'm out and let you know. I'd be more than happy to bring some down next month when I'm in Raleigh for my brother/sister-in-law's gender reveal party.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I did notice some large format bottles available at the bar that appeared to be available for purchase. Didn't check to see what they were offering as I wasn't planning on purchasing any. I'll check next time I'm out and let you know. I'd be more than happy to bring some down next month when I'm in Raleigh for my brother/sister-in-law's gender reveal party.
    Outstanding. Thanks. Gender reveal party? What is it with you young'ins?

Marshal Zhukov's Russian Imperial Stout (draft)-Cigar City Brewing

Two ounce taster after my Haw River half pint. Couldn't have handled much more than that at 70 IBUs and 11.8% ABV .

Pour was a dark, dark brown with a small, mocha-colored head. I'd have thought pure espresso on a blind (acc ref) olfactory quiz. I'd almost think the same on a taste test but there's some dark chocolate, raisins, leather, black strap and molasses, too. Website give no clues as to any additives. They were our of bottles or I'd have bought one or three. Excellent brew.

(No elections were altered during consumption of this beer . Ooops.)

Nice find. Three Floyds has some pretty cool label artwork, too, perhaps bordering on the bizarre. Locally, Casita Cerveceria's cans are quite attractive visually. Their contents are usually highly tasty also.

Now those are pretty funny.

May we interrupt this broadcast to report that RateBeer has, for the fifth consecutive year, rated Hill Farmstead the world's top brewery? Stop by this weekend and watch the UVA game with me, we'll sip some, but bring a warm coat and some fuzzy slippers.