Page 1141 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 141641104110911131113911401141114211431151119112411641 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,820 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Legacy? What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see...🍻
    "...When they died they left no instructions
    Just a legacy to protect..."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Great find!

I've had 3 of the 8 beers featured in the article.
    Me too, probably the same 3. Goose Island, Black Ops and Parabola. I would rate them in that order too.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Me too, probably the same 3. Goose Island, Black Ops and Parabola. I would rate them in that order too.
    Nope. Dark Lord, Bourbon County and Black OPS. Never had the Parabola but our son did last weekend with a couple friends and said it was fantastic.

"...When they died they left no instructions
    Just a legacy to protect..."

Speaking of people who wanted to hire Hamilton (to be their secretary) ....

Natty Greene’s Juicy Love IPA. I know, I know. Natty gets no love around here, let alone the juicy kind. But this was a really solid, easily Cat 2 IPA. Bright gold with a bit of haze. Foamy head. Citrus flavors with a hint of dank. 6.0% ABV, with IBU’s estimated at high 50’s. I may have a second pint (before workin’ on three).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Speaking of people who wanted to hire Hamilton (to be their secretary) ...

Natty Greene’s Juicy Love IPA. I know, I know. Natty gets no love around here, let alone the juicy kind. But this was a really solid, easily Cat 2 IPA. Bright gold with a bit of haze. Foamy head. Citrus flavors with a hint of dank. 6.0% ABV, with IBU’s estimated at high 50’s. I may have a second pint (before workin’ on three).
    Yea, I'll guess the last Natty Greene I had was July, 2012 at the taproom the night before our son's wedding. Decent hefe, IIRC.

Great read on bourbon barrel aged stouts:

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/11/28/hi...l-aged-stouts/
    Not on the list, but inspired by it. Whangdoodle from Veil. Imperial chocolate milk stout aged in bourbon barrels. Picked it up Sunday along with three variants. Saving the variants. 11% 500ml bottle, pricey at $25 or so ( four bottles were $110). This is smooth, nose of bourbon and chocolate up front. Sweet but not too sweet. Just really good. I’m putting up there with goose island and all the local efforts. Can only imagine how good if I aged it. Hiding the others, maybe next year at football. Category 3.

Not on the list, but inspired by it. Whangdoodle from Veil. Imperial chocolate milk stout aged in bourbon barrels. Picked it up Sunday along with three variants. Saving the variants. 11% 500ml bottle, pricey at $25 or so ( four bottles were $110). This is smooth, nose of bourbon and chocolate up front. Sweet but not too sweet. Just really good. I’m putting up there with goose island and all the local efforts. Can only imagine how good if I aged it. Hiding the others, maybe next year at football. Category 3.
    That's reeaall spendy at $25 for 500 ml .

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Speaking of people who wanted to hire Hamilton (to be their secretary) ...

I’d have to taste it to believe it. We have friends that generally have Rudolph’s Red Nose (?) at their holiday party. Probably my favorite Natty Greene’s beer.

Any beer named from Road Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is an automatic win in my book.

That price, tho 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Will chill an extra beverage for tomorrow night after that win.

Any beer named from Road Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is an automatic win in my book.

That price, tho 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    One of the variants that I didn’t buy - there were three I didn’t - one variant they sold in 500, 1.5 and 3L bottles. 3L? $160 + tax. There’s no hiding a 3L bottle from the Ms.

I didn’t but that one with added coffee, there was also a White Russian Hornswoggler variant and an apple brandy variant I didn’t get. Budget and all.

One of the variants that I didn’t buy - there were three I didn’t - one variant they sold in 500, 1.5 and 3L bottles. 3L? $160 + tax. There’s no hiding a 3L bottle from the Ms.

I didn’t but that one with added coffee, there was also a White Russian Hornswoggler variant and an apple brandy variant I didn’t get. Budget and all.
    New lampstand?

Apple brandy barrel aging is a phenomenon I don’t understand. Then again, I’m not an apple brandy fan, either.

To the folks with whom I discussed getting some Bourbon County Stout (too many PMs too long ago to research ), I've only been able to procure 2 bottles instead of the case I hoped to order (at 20% off) from the nearby (formerly ) friendly bottle shop. My public apology. I'm not worthy .

To the folks with whom I discussed getting some Bourbon County Stout (too many PMs too long ago to research ), I've only been able to procure 2 bottles instead of the case I hoped to order (at 20% off) from the nearby (formerly ) friendly bottle shop. My public apology. I'm not worthy .
    Interesting. I was told I could have as many of the regular bottles as I wanted. You need to round up some friends and family to head in and fill out your case.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Interesting. I was told I could have as many of the regular bottles as I wanted. You need to round up some friends and family to head in and fill out your case.
    I still may try that with the "local" guy. I don't know if any of the variants made it to Durham but August West said there was a 4 bottle limit when he bought his so he purchased his four, walked out to his car, back into the store and bought 4 more and sold me 2 of his 8 after tailgate. Parking lot deal. In the dark.

Chill Vibes-Boulevard (Duvel Moortgat) Brewing Company

Not local.

Credit-November beer club 4 pack; last member
    Format-12 ounce aluminum prison
    Style-flavored Berliner Weisse sour ale
    Appearance-light yellow/gold; minimal head
    Nose-cucumber juice
    Mouthfeel-mildly tart
    Tastes-cucumber and lemon juice; hint of salt; ? spices
    Overall impression-I'm torn about this; interesting and creative but more pickle-y than I might have though
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 2; worthy of a (half?) can but wouldn't buy a litter; not a drain pour like the Urban Artifact Pickle our son had this year

The story:

https://www.boulevard.com/2019/07/30...g-chill-vibes/

Chill Vibes-Boulevard (Duvel Moortgat) Brewing Company

Not local.

Credit-November beer club 4 pack; last member
    Format-12 ounce aluminum prison
    Style-flavored Berliner Weisse sour ale
    Appearance-light yellow/gold; minimal head
    Nose-cucumber juice
    Mouthfeel-mildly tart
    Tastes-cucumber and lemon juice; hint of salt; ? spices
    Overall impression-I'm torn about this; interesting and creative but more pickle-y than I might have though
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 2; worthy of a (half?) can but wouldn't buy a litter; not a drain pour like the Urban Artifact Pickle our son had this year

The story:

https://www.boulevard.com/2019/07/30...g-chill-vibes/
    Nope nope nope nope

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/nope.gif

Yea, I was pretty schizo about this one. On one hand, I went back and read some old reviews about Westbrook's Cucumber Lemon Gose and liked that as well as the InBev Coolcumber several years ago. I thought Magic Hat's HiCu was pretty bad a year or two before I tasted the others but might have my time lines wrong.

The Truth-Flying Dog Brewing Company

More not local

Credit-beer #1 from tailgate trading with August West; thanks!
    Style-IIPA
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Best enjoyed by-02/17/20
    Appearance-gold yellow; medium, frothy head
    Nose-grapefruit, orange and pine
    Mouthfeel-moderate bitterness
    Tastes-grapefruit and orange juices; zest; pine
    IBU-80
    ABV-8.7%
    Malts-MUNICH, MALTED WHEAT
    Hops-WARRIOR, SUMMIT, COLUMBUS, CITRA, AMARILLO
    Yeast-AMERICAN ALE
    Overall impression-well balanced West Coast Style DIPA
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2; a mixed 12 pack would be nice to share and trade