Page 1090 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 90590990104010801088108910901091109211001140119015902090 ... LastLast
Results 21,781 to 21,800 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just saw a patient who told me the blood pressure readings were better when the IBUs were stopped.

(ibuprofen)
    you must spread comments... sporks! I hear IBU's are bad for the kidneys, but who cares if they're good for the heart. God gave us an extra kidney to spare

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The Veil’s “IDon’tWantToBU3” IPA. A triple dry hopped IPA. Pours almost like a bright yellow milkshake IPA. Lots and lots of rich citrus fruits on the nose. Terrific, mouth-watering acidity on the palate. Nice bite to the hops, but fabulously counterbalanced by the citrus. Another fantastic pint that (for me) clears the Cat 3 bar.
    I know which beer in my fridge will find it's way to my glass next

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Got one in the fridge. But tonight I just had an outstanding Fuse Category 3 all-the-way BBA Sexual Chocolate 2017 from Tripping William. Thanks!! It was amazing. To do a fuse style side-by-side tasting I'm now drinking the 2019 newly released version.

My brain is Dixie Classic Fair-fried and sleep deprived so I'm still not posting any reviews of any quality. But my initial reviews are that the 2019 version tastes much more like good coffee and good chocolate. The 2017 version from T-Will tastes more like bourbon first and immensely drinkable. The 2017 version was, to me, significantly better. But I like good bourbon and barrels better than chocolate and coffee. If you prefer the latter you would probably like the 2019 better.

So for me Fuse Category 2 for new 2019 BBA Sexual Chocolate which was still very good. The 2019 has a beautiful DARK chocolate finish. Just not so much bourbon with that one IMO.

ps - go Duke! I'm drinking these now because I'm trying to lose a pie to 4Gen in another thread so I don't need beers to pair with pie right now. I gotta save those calories for all the beer in my fridge.
    Excellent comparison. It *might* be reasonable to buy another bottle of the 2019 BBA Sexual Chocolate so you can compare it with the 2020 version when you buy it next year. Or maybe 2 more bottles to side-by-side with the 2021 version, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Got one in the fridge. But tonight I just had an outstanding Fuse Category 3 all-the-way BBA Sexual Chocolate 2017 from Tripping William. Thanks!! It was amazing. To do a fuse style side-by-side tasting I'm now drinking the 2019 newly released version.

My brain is Dixie Classic Fair-fried and sleep deprived so I'm still not posting any reviews of any quality. But my initial reviews are that the 2019 version tastes much more like good coffee and good chocolate. The 2017 version from T-Will tastes more like bourbon first and immensely drinkable. The 2017 version was, to me, significantly better. But I like good bourbon and barrels better than chocolate and coffee. If you prefer the latter you would probably like the 2019 better.

So for me Fuse Category 2 for new 2019 BBA Sexual Chocolate which was still very good. The 2019 has a beautiful DARK chocolate finish. Just not so much bourbon with that one IMO.

ps - go Duke! I'm drinking these now because I'm trying to lose a pie to 4Gen in another thread so I don't need beers to pair with pie right now. I gotta save those calories for all the beer in my fridge.
    Glad you enjoyed the 2017. I’ll probably crack open the 2019 before long, now that the temps are coming down.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Glad you enjoyed the 2017. I’ll probably crack open the 2019 before long, now that the temps are coming down.
    WTH? Where'd you move, Alaska?

WTH? Where'd you move, Alaska?

Check the forecast for tomorrow & Sunday. You might be bundled up in your parka at tomorrow's tailgate . . . .

Check the forecast for tomorrow & Sunday. You might be bundled up in your parka at tomorrow's tailgate . . . .
    Oh, I have. I was only referring to today's "massive" temperature drop of 10 degrees.

LOL at parka.

69 is the high tomorrow here in Asheville. Perfect for Oktoberfest/Brewgrass.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    69 is the high tomorrow here in Asheville. Perfect for Oktoberfest/Brewgrass.
    Welcome back from your "vacation."

Do you want to try hosting the October edition of Ymm, Beer's Virtual Pub or would you like to nominate someone else for this month and you "volunteer" to be the November host?

When there are no desserts in the house, there's always beer:

Raspberry Short Kate-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

"Named in honor of our delightful VP of Operations, Raspberry Short Kate is a raspberry-fruited Milkshake IPA. Brewed with milk sugar and tons of wheat and oats, Raspberry Short Kate is hopped with Cascade and Huell Melon. Soft and pillowy on the palate with tons of body, Raspberry Short Kate is the perfect way to welcome early spring with a fruity treat."

(or autumn...)

Credit-accfanfrom1970; thanks!!
    Style-milkshake IPA
    Format-pint can with a cute label-I'll try to post picture
    Canned on: 090719 12:58 L3
    Stemware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-moderately cloudy raspberry sherbet; some small light sediment and "seedy" looking stuff
    Nose-raspberry frozen dairy dessert
    Mouthfeel-a well-blended smoothie; mild bitterness
    Tastes-many, many raspberries were (likely) harmed in producing this ale; not overly sweet; mild sugar; vanilla
    IBUs-I'll guess 40
    ABV-7% (yep, a boozy milkshake)
    Overall impression-a fun beer that was better than Gizmo's offering several months ago, which was still very good
    Ymm, Beer rating-high Cat 2; would certainly sip again and recommend to others; our daughters, who don't like IPAs, would likely enjoy this but my wife would not

6b239647582c9117f521414bcd9f66e4_640x640.jpg

When there are no desserts in the house, there's always beer:

Raspberry Short Kate-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

"Named in honor of our delightful VP of Operations, Raspberry Short Kate is a raspberry-fruited Milkshake IPA. Brewed with milk sugar and tons of wheat and oats, Raspberry Short Kate is hopped with Cascade and Huell Melon. Soft and pillowy on the palate with tons of body, Raspberry Short Kate is the perfect way to welcome early spring with a fruity treat."

(or autumn...)

Credit-accfanfrom1970; thanks!!
    Style-milkshake IPA
    Format-pint can with a cute label-I'll try to post picture
    Canned on: 090719 12:58 L3
    Appearance-moderately cloudy raspberry sherbet; some small light sediment and "seedy" looking stuff
    Nose-raspberry frozen dairy dessert
    Mouthfeel-a well-blended smoothie; mild bitterness
    Tastes-many, many raspberries were (likely) harmed in producing this ale; not overly sweet; mild sugar; vanilla
    IBUs-I'll guess 40
    ABV-7% (yep, a boozy milkshake)
    Overall impression-a fun beer that was better than Gizmo's offering several months ago, which was still very good
    Ymm, Beer rating-high Cat 2; would certainly sip again and recommend to others; our daughters, who don't like IPAs, would likely enjoy this but my wife would not

6b239647582c9117f521414bcd9f66e4_640x640.jpg
    +1. Fun beer. Would be perfect for Bear Lake, Utah/Idaho, and their annual Raspberry Days festival, except for the locals’, ya know, aversion to beer ...

Break O'Day Juicy IPA-New Glarus Brewing Company

"Only in Wisconsin"

Credit-younger son-in-law who lugged this down to Chicago after sacrificing himself () in a 3 day golf junket in upstate Wisconsin in mid July and then lugged it even further to Columbus, OH this weekend so I could haul it back to NC yesterday. Thanks!
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Glassware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-cloudy; yellow-orange
    Nose-tangerine/peach/orange/mango juice (doubt anything like that exists but some Dole juice blend might be close)
    Mouthfeel-fruit juicy without pulp
    Tastes-same as the aromas with some orange rind and hints of grapefruit, pineapple and a mild piney finish, too
    Hops-Comet, Amarillo, Chinook, Bravo, Sterling and Citra
    Adjuncts-no fruits were harmed during production or this ale
    IBUs-50 (another WAG)
    ABV-7% (WAG again)
    Overall impression-better than expected after reading some on-line reviews; Scream IIPA was better but this was very good
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 2

I'll be very interested in reading fuse's review after he gets his delivery later this week, hopefully. RJ199 also has a couple bottles of this and I'm sure he'll drop a line or three here if he can find some downtime from his work.
    Pours appropriately hazy, bordering on murky.

Smells like dank orange juice, definitely not pure citrus.

Front part of the sip is an orange citrus assault and the finish is pure pineapple juice.

A little bit thin on the body and mouthfeel. The bitterness almost comes across similar to the bitterness in the soft drink Orangina.

I’ll wager I enjoyed this more than devildeac (something about damning with faint praise).

Does it hold up to the almost impossible standard New Glarus has established for itself? No. Is it a style decidedly outside of New Glarus’ wheelhouse? Yes.

Is this an eminently enjoyable beer to drink? Yes, absolutely.

Cheers and thanks devildeac! 🍻

Cerveza Sin Frontera en barrique de Cognac - Collaboration with Jester King and Crooked Stave - 7.8 % ABV - "showcases unique mixed culture of yeast and brewing bacteria used at Brasserie Trois Dames. Beer rested in Cognac barrels for 8 months prior to bottle conditioning. Each brewery brewed the same beer with their own mixed culture and Cognac barrels.

"Bottled spring 2017. Best before 3/2020."

It pours brown like a very light cola. You smell the cognac and sour, and you know you're in for something special.

Then you taste. OMG. Holy F words. Fuse Category 3. They really should barrel age more beer with cognac. It's stunning.

The taste is cherry, maybe even some tomato with beautiful oak wood, intense but nice sour, and the cognac bigtime adds to the flavor profile. I'm sure there is a lot going on, but it's delicious and quite drinkable. The cognac adds light sweetness that pairs so nicely with the sour - you know that immediately when you smell it.

Did I mention Fuse Category 3? Worth seeking out.
    A fairly flat pour, no head.
    Looks like a fine whisky in the glass, a deeply orange tinged gold.

The nose is pungent- sour, rotten wood, and maybe orange liqueur.

Bracingly sour, dominantly so. Fruity, strawberry, balsamic vinaigrette, and a dry oak finish.

The complexity of this beer hides the alcohol- 7.8% ABV is no small beer.

If there were anything to be sad about this beer, it would be that 12oz goes fast, and where have I been the past two years to have not had this before?

A phenomenal beer that will evaporate from my glass far too quickly. A bow and a hat tip to richardjackson for procuring this beer for me, and to devildeac for delivery.

A grand way to enjoy a Friday evening.
    Cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Front part of the sip is an orange citrus assault and the finish is pure pineapple juice.

A little bit thin on the body and mouthfeel. The bitterness almost comes across similar to the bitterness in the soft drink Orangina.

I’ll wager I enjoyed this more than devildeac (something about damning with faint praise).

Does it hold up to the almost impossible standard New Glarus has established for itself? No. Is it a style decidedly outside of New Glarus’ wheelhouse? Yes.

Cheers and thanks devildeac! 🍻
    Probably true there but likely not by much. You're correct about New Glarus standards. I'm still very much looking forward to my second bottle-not sure if I kept a 3rd one for myself or sent 3 to you and 3 to RJ199.

A fairly flat pour, no head.
    Looks like a fine whisky in the glass, a deeply orange tinged gold.

The nose is pungent- sour, rotten wood, and maybe orange liqueur.

Bracingly sour, dominantly so. Fruity, strawberry, balsamic vinaigrette, and a dry oak finish.

The complexity of this beer hides the alcohol- 7.8% ABV is no small beer.

If there were anything to be sad about this beer, it would be that 12oz goes fast, and where have I been the past two years to have not had this before?

A phenomenal beer that will evaporate from my glass far too quickly. A bow and a hat tip to richardjackson for procuring this beer for me, and to devildeac for delivery.

A grand way to enjoy a Friday evening.
    Cheers! 🍻
    Always my pleasure, along the the New Glarus brew review above this one.

From 10/18/18:

Gizmo Yeah Toast

Not sure words can do this beer justice.

If you like french toast and maple syrup, you owe it to yourself to find this beer.

I’m not sure I could drink more than one or two- that said, if I were not working, this would make a great daily breakfast beverage.
    Did you really mean this instead?

Yeah Toast! (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

Drink even more local!

French Toast Brown Ale

Initially, I thought "gimmick beer" but after 8 ounces of this for about $3, I'll echo fuse's comments above.

Pour was a dark brown with a small mocha head and a sweet, maple syrupy nose. Smooth mouth feel with wonderful tastes of brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and bread. Minimal bitterness, guessing IBUs of 30 and the ABV was 5.8% so I could easily pour several ounces of this over pancakes, waffles or French toast and then finish the remainder of the 12 ounce can. Looks like it's at the brewery for $11 for a 6er and I may stop by tomorrow after work and buy a litter and gift one to our tailgate chef who'll be making his famous French toast casserole at tailgate Saturday AM. I'm not sure which one would be better.
    From tonight-dessert #1:

Yeah Toast-Gizmo Brew Works

I never pulled the trigger last year on a 6er of this but did this week at Total Wine for about $11.

Poured from a 12 ounce can with vigor into a shaped Dogfish Head pint glass. Foamy, tan head with aromas of, guess what? Yep, French Toast that included maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Smooth mouthfeel with some herbal bitterness but palate-tickling breakfast delights of a liquid French toast, including bread, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla a maple syrup. I'll guess IBUs about 30 and the ABV was 5.8% so it'd make a wonderful breakfast beverage. I'll look to trade several of these but it's a solid fuse Cat 2 treat.

Great minds and all that stuff...

IdontwanttoBU!3-The Veil Brewing

Credit-accfanfrom1970; many thanks-again!!
    Format-pint can
    Canned on-(two adjacent black lines composed of dots on bottom of can so who the hell knows)
    Appearance-a pineapple milkshake
    Nose-citrus, melons and stone fruits
    Mouthfeel-smooth; absolutely agree with the "bite" and "counterbalance" above
    Tastes-peaches, tangerines, cantaloupe, orange and pineapple
    IBU-accfanfrom1970 thinks this is 0 and he may be correct but feels/tastes more like 30-40, like a NEIPA or milkshake IPA
    ABV-6.9%
    Overall impression-an outstanding IPA in a very crowded field as TW posted yesterday about another beer, IIRC
    Ymm, Beer rating-totally agree with TW above and his Cat 3 designation
    What a beautiful beer. It reminded me of a top-notch Burial beer, but possibly even better. What they said. Aromatic. Citrus acidity balanced beautifully with Citra and MOSAIC. It's one of those beers that just still makes your mouth happy 30 minutes after you drink it. Thanks ACCFan! See ya soon. I love the Veil. Fuse Category 3.

From 10/18/18:

From tonight-dessert #1:

Yeah Toast-Gizmo Brew Works

I never pulled the trigger last year on a 6er of this but did this week at Total Wine for about $11.

Poured from a 12 ounce can with vigor into a shaped Dogfish Head pint glass. Foamy, tan head with aromas of, guess what? Yep, French Toast that included maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Smooth mouthfeel with some herbal bitterness but palate-tickling breakfast delights of a liquid French toast, including bread, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla a maple syrup. I'll guess IBUs about 30 and the ABV was 5.8% so it'd make a wonderful breakfast beverage. I'll look to trade several of these but it's a solid fuse Cat 2 treat.
    Sounds fun. Bring one tomorrow if you have one to spare. I'll find something trade-worthy

Cheers and thanks devildeac! ��
    I had my first one of these tonight too. Agree with Devildeac on the citrus bomb medley up front. It really is like a new Dole fruit juice blend. It's a great beer with fun balance. Fun introduction to New Glarus. Like my first Veil beer, I thought, goodness, I've never tasted a beer like this. I can't wait to get into some more from the New Glarus shipment. Thanks Devildeacs for all the travel to get this to my glass!