Page 1040 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301038103910401041104210501090114015402040 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,800 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I should pull a DD and make separate posts for each beer from Fiddlin' Fish
    There is literally no way to catch devildeac in post count. Devildeac posts his own reviews and engages with others.

I think I had gotten to within 5k posts of pulling even, blinked, and found the gap over 6400... 🤣

Ymm, Camel City Beer Pt. 2

We were planning on just stopping by Wise Man and dashing out (see what I did there?) of town to get home. My wife pointed out how close Fiddlin' Fish was from Wise Man so we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Strawberry Lemon Gose, 5% ABV

My wife picked this one as I am not a huge gose fan. I didn't mind this one, though. I think I have discovered that I enjoy fruit forward gose more as it takes away from the saltiness. The lemon and strawberries worked wonderfully with this beer.

Major Winston's Wheat, 5% ABV

Another "wife's choice". Your standard wheat ale, with a touch more citrus than normal. Lightly carbonated and a transparent yellow color. An excellent ballpark beer.

That Fish Cray NE IPA, 7% ABV

Looked more in line with the NE IPA style than the Body Electric. Opaque and looked like orange juice. Mango, peach and orange on the nose. The flavor was not as strong as the aroma would have you believe, but it was tasty regardless. I seem to have completed missed the Fuse category ranking system, but on my 100 point scale I would give it a solid 86

Urgin' For A Sturgeon Double IPA, 8% ABV

Another cloudy IPA, though not as cloudy as That Fish Cray. More of a lighter golden color and left a thick foamy film on the glass. Peach and tropical fruit aroma and taste. Much juicier than the above. I would like to try this one side by side with the Body Electric - now that would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    There is literally no way to catch devildeac in post count. Devildeac posts his own reviews and engages with others.

I think I had gotten to within 5k posts of pulling even, blinked, and found the gap over 6400... 🤣
    Oh, I know. I'm just trying to stay in front of TW

Oh, I know. I'm just trying to stay in front of TW
    Saturday is your opportunity to explore more goses and share your thoughts.

After starting my gose experience with Westbrook Gose, Anderson Valley Kimmie, Yink and Holy Gose I learned that while I enjoy a original unfruited gose, I far prefer fruited goses.

I should pull a DD and make separate posts for each beer from Fiddlin' Fish
    Why not? I'm going to post my Lagunitas reviews that way.

24.gif
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

It's a gift .

19.gif

We were planning on just stopping by Wise Man and dashing out (see what I did there?) of town to get home. My wife pointed out how close Fiddlin' Fish was from Wise Man so we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Strawberry Lemon Gose, 5% ABV

My wife picked this one as I am not a huge gose fan. I didn't mind this one, though. I think I have discovered that I enjoy fruit forward gose more as it takes away from the saltiness. The lemon and strawberries worked wonderfully with this beer.

Major Winston's Wheat, 5% ABV

Another "wife's choice". Your standard wheat ale, with a touch more citrus than normal. Lightly carbonated and a transparent yellow color. An excellent ballpark beer.

That Fish Cray NE IPA, 7% ABV

Looked more in line with the NE IPA style than the Body Electric. Opaque and looked like orange juice. Mango, peach and orange on the nose. The flavor was not as strong as the aroma would have you believe, but it was tasty regardless. I seem to have completed missed the Fuse category ranking system, but on my 100 point scale I would give it a solid 86

Urgin' For A Sturgeon Double IPA, 8% ABV

Another cloudy IPA, though not as cloudy as That Fish Cray. More of a lighter golden color and left a thick foamy film on the glass. Peach and tropical fruit aroma and taste. Much juicier than the above. I would like to try this one side by side with the Body Electric - now that would be interesting!
    We oughtta petition one of the mods to make it a "sticky" for this thread if such an action is possible...

Whaddaya say -jk? JE? Mr. Green?

My wife and I are looking at possible relocation destinations for next summer. Winston-Salem checks a lot of boxes for us. There may be many more triad beer reviews from me in the near future

Here gose (see what I did there ) it with the Lagunitas reviews from Saturday night, kinda/sorta in order of preference:

A Little Sumpin' Hazy (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

"An unfiltered take on Sumpin' classic"

The five ounce pour was yellow-orange and slightly cloudy with a thin head. Orange scents with some pine, followed by rind, OJ, light pineapple, pithy bitterness and a bit of caramel. Guessing IBUs about 50 with the ABV at 7.2%. Fuse Cat 2. Solid though not outstanding, probably best plugged into the wheat IPA category.

My wife and I are looking at possible relocation destinations for next summer. Winston-Salem checks a lot of boxes for us. There may be many more triad beer reviews from me in the near future
    You'll certainly have some "competition" in W-S with Tripping William and RJ199. Someone will have to edjumacate us about breweries in the High Point area.

Super Cluster (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

Sample #2 from two 4 beer flights shared among 3 of us along with a pint to be named late, also shared.

"A Citra-hopped mega ale of intergalactic proportions"

Another yellow-gold, slightly cloudy pour with a thin head. Perhaps a bit more pineapple-grapefruit than orange with very little pine/resin, both aromatically and on the palate than the Sumpin' Hazy. IBUs probably 60+ with the ABV of 8% slotting nicely into IIPA country. The Sumpin' Hazy was in their "Hiiighley (sic) Limited Release" category and this one was one of the Unlimited Releases. Another solid though unspectacular beverage that earned a Cat 2 rating.

Novel Pulp Ch. 3 (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

Sample #3

"A wheaty-esque double dry-hopped, unfiltered ++ double IPA"

This was a shared pint from a Lagunitas mason jar pint glass.

Another yellow-orange color with a thin head. I think I read somewhere this was a blend of hops, including Simcoe, Amarillo, Galaxy, Cascade and maybe one other but don't quote me on all the correct names. The result was a rather orange-y, pineapple-y, grapefruit-y, piney brew both up front and on the palate. Mild honey-ish sweetness. I'll guess IBUs close to 70 with the ABV at 8.2%. All the above paired well with a buncha shared entrees from a fancy, mixed green salad with a lot of cheese, dried fruits and nuts, to our younger daughter's plant-based burger () which was pretty tasty, to a Margarhita (sp?) flatbread and a huuuuge plate of pulled pork nachos.

This was also in the "Hiiighley Limited Releases" category on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You'll certainly have some "competition" in W-S with Tripping William and RJ199. Someone will have to edjumacate us about breweries in the High Point area.
    Not sure of any in HP aside from Brown Truck. I believe there is also one in K-Vegas (a/k/a Kernersville).

Happy to provide W-S info ... in exchange for post-count supremacy, of course.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Imperial Stout (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

Sample #4

"dark, rich and scary"

This creatively named () brew was a bit disappointing as it was a bit "thin," not particularly viscous and lacked some of the other RIS characteristics of heavy roastiness, dark chocolate, coffee and booziness despite its dark brown hue, tan head and aromas/tastes of java and cacao. I'll guess IBUs about 50 base on the style and the ABV was a deceptive 9.9%. Still a fuse Cat 2 but I like their Cappuccino Stout much better along with our "closer" for the evening which I'll review tomorrow...

I'm done for the night. A Vixen has done me in...

You don't say? Sounds like we're overdue for a catch up.

Mattman, this was a bit of pontification related to beer ratings I shared a while back that seems to have gained a little bit of traction. For the record, I prefer the prose over numbers.

Funny this should come up; I’ve been thinking a little about beer ratings.

My current opinion is that a 3 point rating system is sufficient.

3- Holy sh!t !!! Amazing, world class
    2- enjoyed, would drink again
    1- no thank you, not again

I get that some websites have the wine type 100 point scale. You rarely see a wine below 80, so what’s the point?

Regardless of how you enjoy or evaluate beer, my real conclusion is that taste is so subjective, that unless you find someone with similar tastes and palate, it renders most non descriptive evaluations as very little value.

If you tell me a beer tastes like coffee, or peach, I at least have a mental picture of what to expect, or whether or not I’d like it.

It’s why I enjoy this thread so much- the story of your beer experience that leads to a common experience.

Said much more simply- drink what you like. 🍻😀

Wilco Tango Foxtrot (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

On the beer menu in the Limited Releases section simply as WTF; "Rich, smooth, dangerous and chocolately"

"A malty, robust, jobless recovery ale" on the label.

Another 5 ounce pour shared 3 ways. It's an imperial brown ale so color was mahogany, head was thin and nose was nuts and earth/dirt. Tastes were mixed, over-roasted nuts, milk chocolate, slightly burnt whole wheat toast and moderately bitter, herbal/earthy hops. Their website claims IBUs of 64.2 and that number passes the DBR Ymm, Beer advanced metrics "eye test," which is too hoppy for a brown ale but not unpleasantly. ABV rolls in at 7.85%, hence imperial brown and not plain brown wrapper. This paired best with the pulled pork nachos.

Dark Swan (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

"An experimentally hopped sour ale fermented with dark red wine grapes (Petite Sirah on their product page)"

Yes, it was dark (deep for you old rockers out there) purple with a thin, lavender head. Quite vinous aromas and tastes, as expected, accompanied by some red wine vinegar () on the palate along with Sour Patch kids grape candy and minimal bitterness, confirmed by the IBUs of 25. ABV was 7.7% so more of an "imperial" sour. Mixed reviews from the family as Mrs. dd liked it (a Cab fan), younger daughter was neutral and her husband almost hurt his face with his single sip. I enjoyed it a lot and thought it was a solid Cat 2. Nice pairing with my salad of mixed weeds, craisins, candied walnuts, bleu cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Aunt Sally with Black Currants (draft)-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

Beer #7 in our flights

"A dry hopped sweat (sic) tart sour mash ale with added black currants"

Just another pretty purple beer . No head. Dark, dried fruits and red wine vinegar nose with sweet and tart/sour tastes along with lots of berries and mixed Sour Patch kids tongue-tingling sensations. Very mild bitterness with IBUs of 33. ABV in the Limited Releases part of the menu states 7.73% (imperial range) which is up a moderate amount from the original Aunt Sally which the website claims was 5.7%. Another good pairing with the above-mentioned salad. A very solid Cat 2 here also.