Page 1401 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 401901130113511391139914001401140214031411145115011901 ... LastLast
Results 28,001 to 28,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Has anyone tried Oskar Blues Death by King Cake?

Reads like it would be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Has anyone tried Oskar Blues Death by King Cake?

Reads like it would be delicious.
    I saw that earlier this week (along with several other tasty-sounding temptations) and almost put a litter in my cart, but, AFAIK, it's not "Irish" so I passed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Founders Mas Agave Lime (Tequila Barrel Aged)

Also a Brewer’s Kettle find. Just ... wow. My new favorite “lime” beer (sorry, BATT and your altered 2020 recipe). The color of a nice bourbon. Loads of lime on the nose. Sooooo smooth on the palate, but then the citrus and agave hit. The finish lingers forever. Cat 4 in my book. Regretting only getting one 12-ouncer (although I grabbed one of the grapefruit version as well). Amazing beer!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Let me start by saying - I don't drink dark beers. Never have. Don't drink coffee either. Not much for the bitter flavors.
    But...

Was feeling adventurous this evening and cracked open the Hornswoggler w/Double Stuff Oreos and Cinnamon from The Veil Brewing. Since it's been many years since I've had a dark beer, thought I'd see if my tastes had changed.

Pours thick and dark brown, almost black. Very little head that disappears quickly.

Burnt coffee to the nose.

Lots of bittersweet chocolate, more of the coffee, maybe a hint of the oreos and cinnamon. Not sure about the chocolate milk on the label. Could use a touch more carbonation, date says May 13 so a couple months out. ?

Could just be my untrained palate but just seems to me to remind me of how old coffee used to taste.

Nope, I'm still not a dark beer guy. T'was a valiant effort though.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Let me start by saying - I don't drink dark beers. Never have. Don't drink coffee either. Not much for the bitter flavors.
    But...

Was feeling adventurous this evening and cracked open the Hornswoggler w/Double Stuff Oreos and Cinnamon from The Veil Brewing. Since it's been many years since I've had a dark beer, thought I'd see if my tastes had changed.

Pours thick and dark brown, almost black. Very little head that disappears quickly.

Lots of bittersweet chocolate, more of the coffee, maybe a hint of the oreos and cinnamon. Not sure about the chocolate milk on the label. Could use a touch more carbonation, date says May 13 so a couple months out. ?

Could just be my untrained palate but just seems to me to remind me of how old coffee used to taste.

“Some people do,
    “And some people don’t,
    “But it’s okay, it was meant to be that way.”

Trial and error. Every palate is different. And, selfishly, that leaves more dark beer for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post

Also a Brewer’s Kettle find. Just ... wow. My new favorite “lime” beer (sorry, BATT and your altered 2020 recipe). The color of a nice bourbon. Loads of lime on the nose. Sooooo smooth on the palate, but then the citrus and agave hit. The finish lingers forever. Cat 4 in my book. Regretting only getting one 12-ouncer (although I grabbed one of the grapefruit version as well). Amazing beer!
    I was even more tempted by this one, along with the Mas Agave grapefruit, but alas, neither said "Irish" on the labels.

I'm still making another visit to Total Wine tomorrow for one more for Virtual Pub and *might* grab a 4 pack of one (? both ) of these.

The Mas Agave tequila barrel imperial lime gose was released in 2019, too, and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of these but my archived post on crazietalk about this could not be located. I'll look here a bit later tonight.

But...

If this was part of a 4 pack, I'd be interested in the remainder, unless, of course, accfan scarfs them up even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Más Agave-Founders Brewing Company

I had my doubts about this one but they've all been dispelled.

It's an imperial lime gose brewed with agave and then aged in tequila barrels and is superb.

I sort of equally divided a 12 ounce bottle over two nights and was rewarded with a mildly hazy, amber pour with a small, off-white head that quickly disappeared. "Wasted Away Again in Margaritaville" comes to mind with the aromas of freshly squeezed lime juice, followed by dark caramel/sugar syrup and a gold tequila. It really tasted like a freshly made margarita with plenty of tangy/tart/sour lime flavors, to accompany the caramel/brown sugary sweetness, a modest amount of salt, wet wood and a good quality tequila (of which I know very few ). I'll guess the IBUs about 10 and the ABV is 10% so a rather high octane gose and there aren't many of those I've tasted either. I guess it could be paired with almost any fresh seafood or some flip flops, a beach chair, an umbrella and a generous slathering of SPF 50. Three remain from the $18ish 4 pack for sharing/trading. Worth seeking out.

I believe it's davec's turn now...
    From 6/27/19:

From now:

Mas Agave-Mahou San Miguel, err, Founders Brewing Company

Worth repeating. Everything above still holds true without any deterioration in quality over the ensuing 2.5 months since first tasted/reviewed. A marvelous beer. Fuse Cat 3.

If you're wandering through your local supermarket, craft beer store or Total Wine and see a bottle/4 pack of this, don't hesitate for a moment before putting it in your cart, even with its April, 2019 dating, IIRC.

Ha! My memory is not that *faulty* AND, the search feature worked perfectly.

If this was part of a 4 pack, I'd be interested in the remainder, unless, of course, accfan scarfs them up even sooner.
    I have the other three, haven’t tee’d one up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I have the other three, haven’t tee’d one up yet.
    They're in good hands.

I received one from devildeac a couple years ago.
    Easily the best tequila barrel aged beer I’ve had.

But...

Great review even if the outcome wasn’t what you wanted.

Hoping Bottle Rev still FrIPA day today for their growler pricing.

What time does the pub open tomorrow? I'm going to be in and out attending some socially distanced birthday parties, but I have a few Irish stouts on deck to contribute to the shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    What time does the pub open tomorrow? I'm going to be in and out attending some socially distanced birthday parties, but I have a few Irish stouts on deck to contribute to the shenanigans.

IIRC (happens every so often), Nrrrrvous is opening the doors at 1700 GMT but I'll let him issue the official order.

IIRC (happens every so often), Nrrrrvous is opening the doors at 1700 GMT but I'll let him issue the official order.
    I may be crazy but 1700 GMT would be a little late for me. I was planning 1700 EDT.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I may be crazy but 1700 GMT would be a little late for me. I was planning 1700 EDT.
    Isn’t 1700 GMT like 1300 EDT?

I was trying to convey 5 PM Dublin time (not sure how to designate that time zone) and figured I'd screw it up somehow .

Mas Agave-check
    Mas Agave Grapefruit-check
    Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie-check
    An Irish-American "citizen"-check

Too much Ymm, Beer .

I was trying to convey 5 PM Dublin time (not sure how to designate that time zone) and figured I'd screw it up somehow .
    “1700 h, Heaven”