Page 946 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 446846896936944945946947948956996104614461946 ... LastLast
Results 18,901 to 18,920 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/po...mpression=true

Collaboration without Litigation?????

Good news for NC breweries!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You *knew* this was coming:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/73/

How many have you sipped?
    I think about five.
    For all but one, I doubt I’ve had a brown ale from the list in five or more years.

Brown ales done well are amazing.
    The style has fallen off the radar hard in terms of brewers interest.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26...rn-farts-beer/

As an absolute sucker for Fruity Pebbles, if I see this, I am buying some.
    Don’t judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/po...mpression=true

Collaboration without Litigation?????

Good news for NC breweries!
    Great find!

This is indeed very good news and will hopefully lead to wider distribution, more craft brewery employees, more craft breweries in NC and whatever other benefits exist for business expansion.

Heck, maybe Avery and Russian River will even brew a batch of this for the state:

20130616172358_avery_cnl1-150x150.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You *knew* this was coming:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/73/

How many have you sipped?
    I think about five.
    For all but one, I doubt I’ve had a brown ale from the list in five or more years.

Brown ales done well are amazing.
    The style has fallen off the radar hard in terms of brewers interest.
    Six for me: #s 2, 3, 13, 31, 39 and 75, with the last, Working Mom, being the most surprising as I had it on draft at Revolution Brewing in Chicago in September, 2018, a couple hours after the Duke-Northwestern FB game and it was a superb concoction. My consumption has been somewhat more recent than yours with the "oldest" one on the list for me being the DFH Indian Brown Ale which I likely haven't had in >5 years.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26...rn-farts-beer/

As an absolute sucker for Fruity Pebbles, if I see this, I am buying some.
    Don’t judge me.
    " In the meantime, hold your regular-scented, non-glittery human farts or something."

Hop Swapper-Zaftig Brewing Company

(on label)-

Bottled on:
    12/21/2018
    Batch 261
    El Dorado
    Amarillo

Trade local (and bring home to NC to drink)!

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a standard (boring) pint glass. Color was yellow-straw and it was quite cloudy but not chunky. The last 5 ml shoulda been left in the bottle . Head was foamy and full. Interesting scents of pineapple, grapefruit, peaches, papaya and mango with tastes of the same. Pulpy/pithy/fleshy bitterness, guessing about 40 IBUs here. It's an imperial NEIPA and the ABV is a deceptive 9.5%. Another high quality Zaftig brew. I have 3 left from the 4 pack so they're available for trading/entering the transfer portal .

I never would have guessed it, but Triple C has a mango wheat that is absolutely outstanding.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I never would have guessed it, but Triple C has a mango wheat that is absolutely outstanding.
    Can’t remember the last Triple C I had, maybe their BBA Up All Night, or Baby Maker.
    I always enjoyed bringing some home when I used to travel regularly to Charlotte.

Hipster whiskey?

From 10/24/18:

Couple overdue reviews from the Duke-UVa tailgate.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Up All Night-Triple C Brewing Company

Drink regional!

Credit: Our part-time office nurse (N-'77) who exchanged it for the Jolly Pumpkin Fuego Del Otono she initially purchased.

Poured from a bomber and shared among 4 (or 5?) of us. Color was a dark, dark brown with a moderate, creamy tan head. I think the aromas were pretty equally balanced with coffee, dark chocolate (not added) and bourbon and the flavors were fairly equally distributed, too, along with some roastiness. Quite smooth and almost oily on the palate and, if you poured this for me blindly, I'd have readily thought this was an imperial stout. I'll guess IBUs around 40 and the ABV was 10% so it is aptly labeled a breakfast porter but imperial should be printed on the label, too. An outstanding selection and pairing with our breakfast feast.

The ruling at the table stands: Touchdown!
    Can’t remember the last Triple C I had, maybe their BBA Up All Night, or Baby Maker.
    I always enjoyed bringing some home when I used to travel regularly to Charlotte.
    Sorry you missed this one.

Hipster whiskey?

I did a quick search, and could not find a “hipster whiskey” brand. You may want to trademark that. 🍻

This beer style PSA brought to you by the fine folks of Allagash:

https://www.allagash.com/blog/what-i...en/?ao_confirm

This beer style PSA brought to you by the fine folks of Allagash:

https://www.allagash.com/blog/what-i...en/?ao_confirm
    That was indeed quite helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Sweet Jane Strawberry (brewed on )-Great South Bay Brewery for Fat Orange Cat and distributed by Twelve Percent Beer Project

How's that for the credits?

This rivals Salamander Slime, err, Slam and Taxman's Passion Fruit Guava La Maison from last spring/summer as one of the chunkiest beers I've ever seen. This was not a pretty sight except for the pinkish-orange-yellow hue.

cdb5de890a15ddea3ca9eb5afcb54ed0_640x640.jpg

Poured the first 12 ounces waaaay too aggressively into my pint glass and waited at least 15 min for some of the UFOs (Unidentified Floating Objects) to settle a bit. The final 4 ounces were pretty murky, too, despite a gentle pour. Aromas were attractive and laced with berries and vanilla. The "chunks" really didn't detract from the mouthfeel and tastes of underripe strawberries, vanilla, orange and milk/lactose. Mild bitterness, guessing 30 IBUs for this milkshake NEIPA. The ABV was 7.3%. Perhaps they should have filtered this (or labeled the can as such) or I should have been proactive and poured through a paper towel . A bit disappointed to have spent about $5 on the pint can, especially on the suggestion of the bottle shop owner, who is almost always on-target with his recommendations.

I'm going to need a lot of beer tomorrow if we play like we did from 32-15 to 46-46. A lot.

I'm going to need a lot of beer tomorrow if we play like we did from 32-15 to 46-46. A lot.
    It was almost a Heist.

Speaking of which . . . . .

Good beer there. I had some of the Donkere Dagen Belgian dark strong ale (7.8% ABV), Cintraquench'l IPA (7.1%, and guessing IBUs of probably 50), and the Blurred Is The Word IP (6.8% ABV, and guessing IBU's of maybe 60). Three very different beers, and all very good. The Donkere Dagen was on the sweeter side, with dark fruit notes and some maltiness to it. The Cintraquench'l was all citrus. And the Blurred was hazier/cloudier, with more of a dank berry flavor to it. I came home with crowlers of all three, plus one of their imperial stout (which clocks in at 8.2% ABV).

Their space is really good, right in the heart of NoDa, and actually much larger than appears from the outside. They had nice outdoor seating, too, with a view of NC State melting down in its second half against UVa.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    It was almost a Heist.

Speaking of which . . . . .

Good beer there. I had some of the Donkere Dagen Belgian dark strong ale (7.8% ABV), Cintraquench'l IPA (7.1%, and guessing IBUs of probably 50), and the Blurred Is The Word IP (6.8% ABV, and guessing IBU's of maybe 60). Three very different beers, and all very good. The Donkere Dagen was on the sweeter side, with dark fruit notes and some maltiness to it. The Cintraquench'l was all citrus. And the Blurred was hazier/cloudier, with more of a dank berry flavor to it. I came home with crowlers of all three, plus one of their imperial stout (which clocks in at 8.2% ABV).

Their space is really good, right in the heart of NoDa, and actually much larger than appears from the outside. They had nice outdoor seating, too, with a view of NC State melting down in its second half against UVa.
    Agreed. Parking was a bit difficult but the overall experience was very favorable from my one beer to the salad and flatbread we shared. I'd have had another brew and we'd have sampled a bit more food but we had been at NoDa (<1.5 miles away) an hour earlier with a shared item from a food truck plus I had a NoDa flight, IIRC.

Since I was working last night and couldn't sip a beer, I'll review this instead:

Hops-N-Mint Lip Balm-Sierra Nevada Brewing Company

From the website:

"The moment that delicious, brew first lands on your palate—an instant you’d gladly have last forever. Well, we can’t quite make that wish come true, but our lip balm gets you close. Made using all natural ingredients, our moisturizing balm keeps your chops healthy. Our Mint variety is made with distilled cascade hop oil."

"Ingredients:Organic palm oil, beeswax, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic hemp seed oil (no mention of "pot-committed), whole cone hop oil, essential oil of spearmint, rosemary extract, vitamin E, cetearyl glucoside (), stevia ()."

"Active SPF ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% (not ABV), oxybenzone 3% (also not ABV)"

No yeast were harmed in the making of this balm.

Appeared a waxy, pale yellow with no head. Strong aromas of mint and citrusy hops. Mouthfeel (lipfeel?) also waxy with minimal bitterness and tingly, minty, pineapple-grapefruity tastes. No alcohol burn.

Not well-received/appreciated by any family members as they threatened to confiscate any of the 0.15 oz I had remaining after my initial couple applications. Or, "you'd better not wear that @#$% again when you're around me." (paraphrased)

I think I like Vaseline lip balm better but happy to have received in my Sierra Nevada gift packet during a afternoon Beer Camp tasting a couple years ago.