Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACC basketball schedule?

Apologies for the fact that this has probably already been asked elsewhere, but do we have any intel on when the remainder of this season's basketball schedule (the ACC portion) will be released? It used to come out in mid-August, but it's been creeping later and later in recent years, and we're already a week past last year's release date (the Google seems to indicate that it came out on Sept. 2).
    Does anybody know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Apologies for the fact that this has probably already been asked elsewhere, but do we have any intel on when the remainder of this season's basketball schedule (the ACC portion) will be released? It used to come out in mid-August, but it's been creeping later and later in recent years, and we're already a week past last year's release date (the Google seems to indicate that it came out on Sept. 2).
    Does anybody know anything?
    HB2 probably creating issues...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    HB2 probably creating issues...
    To be fair, all the fall sports seem to be going on without a hitch, so I doubt this is actually the reason. Hopefully it's coming quite soon.

It's probably just TV trying to get all their ducks in a row before announcing the schedule. Also, maybe local Raycom/JP Sports/new ACC Network digital complicating things.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    It's probably just TV trying to get all their ducks in a row before announcing the schedule. Also, maybe local Raycom/JP Sports/new ACC Network digital complicating things.
    Are you saying that the ACC's ridiculous alphabet soup hodgepodge of broadcast coverage practices makes things more difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    This is exactly the reason for the delay.

I was in the ACC office today and they are going nuts trying to get the networks to finalize their listings.

I was told that the schedule should be released tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 p.m. ... but it could be Friday or later.

FWIW, last year's schedule was released on Sept, 3 and THAT was the latest ever (it used to be early August, the mid-August, then late August). The schools are complaining -- in many cases, they can't make travel plans until the schedule is finalized. The women's schedule is also being held up by the late men's schedule and that's causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    This is exactly the reason for the delay.

I was in the ACC office today and they are going nuts trying to get the networks to finalize their listings.

I was told that the schedule should be released tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 p.m. ... but it could be Friday or later.

FWIW, last year's schedule was released on Sept, 3 and THAT was the latest ever (it used to be early August, the mid-August, then late August). The schools are complaining -- in many cases, they can't make travel plans until the schedule is finalized. The women's schedule is also being held up by the late men's schedule and that's causing problems.
    For several years in the mid-aughts, it was quite consistently the 3rd Friday in August. I wonder if expansion started that slow drift. Mid September is ridiculously late though, so maybe that will be enough to make some sort of course correction going forward. It's about 2 months til games start!

I was told that the schedule should be released tomorrow (Thursday) at 3 p.m.
    WELL?!?!

Zoned out?

WELL?!?!
    That's Pacific time.

WELL?!?!
    You left off part of my quote. Yes, the plan was to release the schedule today at 3 p.m., but I warned that it might be later. The TV networks (not sure if it is all ESPN or also Raycom) are holding it up. Believe me, the conference office is every bit as anxious as you are to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    That's Pacific time.
    Yeah. I got the memo that ACC stands for Pacific Coast Conference

Jokes aside, I do find it assuming that the ACC is really struggling with this. It's gonna make a lot of fans unhappy who like planning to attend games well in advance.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

You left off part of my quote. Yes, the plan was to release the schedule today at 3 p.m., but I warned that it might be later. The TV networks (not sure if it is all ESPN or also Raycom) are holding it up. Believe me, the conference office is every bit as anxious as you are to let it go.
    I was just joshing you, OF, and I appreciate your inside info. I just agree with several other people here that this is not a good look for the conference.

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yeah. I got the memo that ACC stands for Pacific Coast Conference

Jokes aside, I do find it assuming that the ACC is really struggling with this. It's gonna make a lot of fans unhappy who like planning to attend games well in advance.
    Totally foreseeable result of conference expansion.

I believe that all on this board are getting antsy for the start of the season. November is on the way !

For gosh sake. Geez. C'mon you espn weasels! (even if it's not all their fault, it makes me feel better to type that)

Previous experience with TV suggests the following, but don't make your food/hotel/airline reservations.

During NFL playoffs: Most of the BC/Wake/GT/Clemson/@VT group will be here, particularly on the weekend.

February Nielsens: UNC/@Syracuse/@UVA/@Louisville. These are the money games for ESPN next year.

Wildcards: NCSU/Pitt/@ND/Miami/FSU. These can fill in the gaps anywhere. Then there's the grudge match with Bye.

ACC season starts around December 28 depending on how many ACC games are played on 12/31-1/1.

This is getting to be embarrassing. Obviously no release over the weekend, so we're now up to a full 20 days later than the consistent release date of ~5 years ago. Way to go, ACC.
    Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of the people in Greensboro?
    What an insulting joke.
    Last edited by wilson; 09-09-2016 at 07:30 PM.

http://www.theacc.com/news/2016-17-a...ule-09-12-2016

ACC just announced that the schedule would be released at 3pm today.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    http://www.theacc.com/news/2016-17-a...ule-09-12-2016

ACC just announced that the schedule would be released at 3pm today.
    In a related story, 15 fan bases are scheduled to gather at 3:01 PM to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Previous experience with TV suggests the following, but don't make your food/hotel/airline reservations.

During NFL playoffs: Most of the BC/Wake/GT/Clemson/@VT group will be here, particularly on the weekend.

February Nielsens: UNC/@Syracuse/@UVA/@Louisville. These are the money games for ESPN next year.

Wildcards: NCSU/Pitt/@ND/Miami/FSU. These can fill in the gaps anywhere. Then there's the grudge match with Bye.

ACC season starts around December 28 depending on how many ACC games are played on 12/31-1/1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    In a related story, 15 fan bases are scheduled to gather at 3:01 PM to complain.
    It does seem pretty likely that Duke's tough road games won't be spread out. I could see them scheduling 3 tough road games in a row or 4 out of 5. We'll see what happens. (In the end, it is what it is, and we'll just have to go play the games and hopefully win.)