Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, good luck to you.
    Thank you.
    Bob Green

I survived!

Atlanta 36, Seattle 20.
    Bob Green

Go Packers!

I went with the Green Bay Packers today and a Green Bay win over Atlanta will result in me winning the DBR 1-Strike contest as the other two remaining contestants went with the Atlanta Falcons.
    Bob Green

Halftime: Atlanta 24, Green Bay 0

I'm in serious trouble here. There is lots of football left to play but it is going to be a serious uphill battle to turn this game around.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I went with the Green Bay Packers today and a Green Bay win over Atlanta will result in me winning the DBR 1-Strike contest as the other two remaining contestants went with the Atlanta Falcons.
    Doesn't look like a good choice at the moment. 😱😎

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    oops...

-jk

I'm done. It was a good run but it is all over.
    Bob Green

And then there were two

I've really enjoyed the playoff extension to this game because of the game theory aspect that comes in (and that was discussed upthread) of only being able to pick each team once in an elimination bracket. I'm certainly feeling smart that I tried to plan out my sequence of picks so that I both survived each week and have a team to pick in the Superbowl. Since it appears that Mr. Synellinden has already used both Atlanta and New England, he has no picks to make, so it looks like a Patriots win is a win for me, and a Falcons win is a push.
    Pratt '02, Law '06

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    I've really enjoyed the playoff extension to this game because of the game theory aspect that comes in (and that was discussed upthread) of only being able to pick each team once in an elimination bracket. I'm certainly feeling smart that I tried to plan out my sequence of picks so that I both survived each week and have a team to pick in the Superbowl. Since it appears that Mr. Synellinden has already used both Atlanta and New England, he has no picks to make, so it looks like a Patriots win is a win for me, and a Falcons win is a push.
    Serious props to both of you for ending the year with a perfect season. That's quite an accomplishment!
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Serious props to both of you for ending the year with a perfect season. That's quite an accomplishment!
    I think they both had one loss (I believe it was the "one-strike" league).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think they both had one loss (I believe it was the "one-strike" league).
    Ah. Still quite impressive. I didn't make it past about week 4.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    yeah, i have enjoyed it as well. i will be honest that i didn't realize until this week that there was a great chance you'd get to super bowl with no picks, so kudos to you for gaming it out successfully. even if i had known the specific rules, i still think i would have gone with the survive and advance theory and just picked what i thought was the best bet each week and hoped i would win before running out of picks. oh well. go falcons!
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013