Page 9 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Charlie Daniels is taking this GE washer on tour with him!

That is awesome! Thanks for posting.

Pacers vs Bucks
    Feb 11, 2017

Giannis Antetokounmpo catches the ball a midcoast, takes one dribble, and dunks.

~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Pacers vs Bucks
    Feb 11, 2017

Giannis Antetokounmpo catches the ball a midcoast, takes one dribble, and dunks.

Incredible. From now on, whenever I see an interview of Antetokounmpo, I will always be confused why Don Adams' voice is not coming out of his mouth.

Just in case you ever wondered what it would be like for Heath Leger's Joker to fight Jared Leto's Joker...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just in case you ever wondered what it would be like for Heath Leger's Joker to fight Jared Leto's Joker...
    Jason, you sure have a knack for sending me off on 3 hour youtube tangents. 3 hours later I'm watching a giraffe fight an anaconda and wondering how in the hell I got there. So thanks... I guess.

The Carolina Hurricanes could use these co-eds on the blue line. They've mastered the James Cagney defense.

https://twitter.com/jodeball4REALZ

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    The Carolina Hurricanes could use these co-eds on the blue line. They've mastered the James Cagney defense.

https://twitter.com/jodeball4REALZ
    They're from Pittsburgh, rat didn't have a chance ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    They're from Pittsburgh, rat didn't have a chance ...
    "Slapshot -- The Next Generation"

To prevent dams from overflowing, civil engineers often install giant tubular holes that will divert water that would overflow and send it to a nearby stream or river. It is a pretty common thing. What is not common is for the water level in a dam to reach such high levels that the spill tube is having to work voertime to keep up with the volume. Such a situation occured at the Monticlleo Dam in Napa California. One of the local TV stations took a drone and flew it around and even into the spillhole. The best stuff comes around the 1:50 mark.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

To prevent dams from overflowing, civil engineers often install giant tubular holes that will divert water that would overflow and send it to a nearby stream or river. It is a pretty common thing. What is not common is for the water level in a dam to reach such high levels that the spill tube is having to work voertime to keep up with the volume. Such a situation occured at the Monticlleo Dam in Napa California. One of the local TV stations took a drone and flew it around and even into the spillhole. The best stuff comes around the 1:50 mark.
    Here is what that site looks like normally!:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gl...049073!6m1!1e1
    A text without a context is a pretext.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Here is what that site looks like normally!:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gl...049073!6m1!1e1
    Is this an area that had been enduring drought conditions? Have conditions improved on the west coast?

Is this an area that had been enduring drought conditions? Have conditions improved on the west coast?
    I don't know, I live in Northern Virginia, haha. I just love exploring around on Google Maps
    A text without a context is a pretext.

The five year drought in CA has been wiped out in most of the state. Now I guess we see how the water system deals with the spring melt. And then in a year or two we will have a terrible fire season, after all this rain and snow produce lots of fuel that dries up in the next dry cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    The five year drought in CA has been wiped out in most of the state. Now I guess we see how the water system deals with the spring melt. And then in a year or two we will have a terrible fire season, after all this rain and snow produce lots of fuel that dries up in the next dry cycle.
    Looks like the Earth renewing itself as it has done for billions of years.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Reservoirs have refilled. Don't know about ground water...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    ...except now all these processes are running on fast forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yes. Here's a handy chart showing it. Please scroll all the way through -- it's really interesting and well done. And accurate.

https://xkcd.com/1732/

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Reservoirs have refilled. Don't know about ground water...

-jk
    Reservoirs and the Sierra snowpack, but good point about the aquifers. Here is an interesting site I found: https://ca.water.usgs.gov/data/drought/groundwater.html

The measurements have not been updated since 2005, but it certainly seems from past cycles that it takes a few years for groundwater levels to rebound after periods of drought. We had a decent rainy season last year and a big winter so far this year. Here's hopping for more next year.

The best video you will see today of Siberian Tigers (some of whom look really fat) taking out a drone that was just trying to get some cool pitcures of them.

Some very impressive pool trick shots...