Page 79 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3589
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He was great on The Rockford Files.
    I know you're joking, but your comment got me to look up Jim Gardner's IMDb page. Abbott Elementary is one of his two acting credits (presumably as himself), and the other was Philly 20 years ago.

But it also got me to track down his Jeopardy! appearance as a clue giver:

The manufacturers of “Dr Pepper Ten” no doubt were troubled as to why any consumer would think that each bottle contained ten calories.

Dr_Pepper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    The manufacturers of “Dr Pepper Ten” no doubt were troubled as to why any consumer would think that each bottle contained ten calories.

Dr_Pepper.jpg
    Ten bold tasting calories, and ten calories that taste like crap. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Ten bold tasting calories, and ten calories that taste like crap Dr Pepper. Makes sense to me.

FIFY

Dr_Pepper.jpg
    Someone never did like Math. it's 10 calories per 8 oz. So a 20 oz bottle contains 10 x 20 / 8 = 25 calories. The little white portion of the label says 20 calories per bottle. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    In PA, all over a well done steak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq4cpBDCNEs
    Thank goodness everyone was wearing a mask.

Wholly cow a brand new ev delorean.
    GREAT SCOTT!
    https://hypebeast.com/2022/2/delorea...ric-car-teaser

From 1995 to 1998 the academic journal Philosophy and Literature held a Bad Writing Contest. The only conditions were that the entries were required to be non-ironic. The first place winner in the final year was written by Judith Butler, professor of rhetoric and comparative literature at the University of California at Berkeley, in an article entitled Further Reflections on the Conversations of Our Time, published in the scholarly journal Diacritics (1997):

"The move from a structuralist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations in relatively homologous ways to a view of hegemony in which power relations are subject to repetition, convergence, and rearticulation brought the question of temporality into the thinking of structure, and marked a shift from a form of Althusserian theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which the insights into the contingent possibility of structure inaugurate a renewed conception of hegemony as bound up with the contingent sites and strategies of the rearticulation of power."

From 1995 to 1998 the academic journal Philosophy and Literature held a Bad Writing Contest. The only conditions were that the entries were required to be non-ironic. The first place winner in the final year was written by Judith Butler, professor of rhetoric and comparative literature at the University of California at Berkeley, in an article entitled Further Reflections on the Conversations of Our Time, published in the scholarly journal Diacritics (1997):
    431CF763-739B-4A7B-BE2C-DBF4270B4BC7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Exactly. Here's a bigger version.

Your luxury import will be delayed

As Duke graduates or supporters, I know we are all in a special category of consumer. We like Bentleys and Porsches and you, like me, probably have older versions in the garages of our various McMansions around the world.

I hate to bring this up, but your annual upgrade orders will be delayed. This news bulletin explains why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/02/18/cargo-ship-fire-porsche-bentley-ocean/

<Talk about full ashtrays...>
    /s

A question for the legal eagles.

My SIL posted the statement below on her Facebook page. Is there a legitimate legal reason for Facebook users to post this?

"Just in case Notice:..An attorney advised us to post this. The violation of privacy can be punished by law. NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you do not publish a statement at least once, it will be tacitly understood that you are allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your profile status updates. I HEREBY STATE THAT I DO NOT GIVE MY PERMISION."

if i'm not mistaken, you signed away those items when you opened your account...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

My SIL posted the statement below on her Facebook page. Is there a legitimate legal reason for Facebook users to post this?

"Just in case Notice:..An attorney advised us to post this. The violation of privacy can be punished by law. NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you do not publish a statement at least once, it will be tacitly understood that you are allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your profile status updates. I HEREBY STATE THAT I DO NOT GIVE MY PERMISION."
    No. It is an inaccurate statement and it provides no legal protections.

If someone wants to keep something private, don’t post it on Facebook (or any social media). Period.

I used to see BS like this posted a lot, but not so much anymore. I always wonder what sort of clueless person writes these things up and then tries to spam them around the internet. Copying and pasting a chunk of bad grammar and misspellings to your Facebook status won't give you any legal rights you don't already have, nor it will fool the FB algorithm, unless your goal is to see more nonsensical spam status messages.

I can think of a few people that I fully expect to have posted this. I will count how many next time I get on Fbook.

This is like maybe 2 IQ point high than the posts that used to go around saying, "Facebook is conducting a marketing test to see how messages spread across their platform. If you post this message to your feed then Mark Zuckerberg will personally give you $1000."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is like maybe 2 IQ point high than the posts that used to go around saying, "Facebook is conducting a marketing test to see how messages spread across their platform. If you post this message to your feed then Mark Zuckerberg will personally give you $1000."
    What!?! This isn’t real? How am I going to pay for my oceanfront property in Utah for which I emailed my checking account number.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    What!?! This isn’t real? How am I going to pay for my oceanfront property in Utah for which I emailed my checking account number.
    Ask your cousin the Nigerian prince to wire you the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Ask your cousin the Nigerian prince to wire you the money.
    You know Ndugu*, too?!?!

*Name that movie reference