Page 7 of 180 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

If Hell came to the North Pole

In case you ever wondered how a battle between 4000 Santas and 11,000 penguins would turn out...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In case you ever wondered how a battle between 4000 Santas and 11,000 penguins would turn out...

Sadly, my first thought was "why would 11,000 penguins be at the north pole?"

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Good air support and a top notch logistics landing team.

Well, 4000 Santas against 11,000 polar bears would have been even more of a bloodbath!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, 4000 Santas against 11,000 polar bears would have been even more of a bloodbath!
    Really I would have expected better of the Santa army. Their vast intelligence service failed them horribly. The penguins are obviously the invading army, and yet they better exploited the terrain. The Santas clearly thought they could exploit the pass to compensate for their inferior numbers (like the Greeks did in the battle of Thermopylae or William Wallace at Stirling Bridge). But the Santa spies somehow missed the fact the penguins had wings and were willing to take to the air, even if in a suicidal dive. "Checking it twice"? Ha. Rather than being a force multiplier, the pass became the Santas' death trap, with squawking death coming from above. On top of that, the Santas mis-timed their charge, and were on lower ground through most of the battle, losing their significant height advantage.

This happened after last night's game between Notre Dame and Colgate. Man, suddenly it's dusty in here.

Here it is from a floor-level camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wuqNK5Htu8

And a smartphone video from a fan in the stands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEyquj2wT4
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Really I would have expected better of the Santa army. Their vast intelligence service failed them horribly. The penguins are obviously the invading army, and yet they better exploited the terrain. The Santas clearly thought they could exploit the pass to compensate for their inferior numbers (like the Greeks did in the battle of Thermopylae or William Wallace at Stirling Bridge). But the Santa spies somehow missed the fact the penguins had wings and were willing to take to the air, even if in a suicidal dive. "Checking it twice"? Ha. Rather than being a force multiplier, the pass became the Santas' death trap, with squawking death coming from above. On top of that, the Santas mis-timed their charge, and were on lower ground through most of the battle, losing their significant height advantage.
    The Santas also chose their weapons poorly. Candy canes? Really?

My first thought was 'Game of Thrones: Christmas Special'

Santa does look like a Wilding, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    My first thought was 'Game of Thrones: Christmas Special' ...
    Santa dies?

Steph Curry multitasking during a fast break
    https://twitter.com/vasu/status/812115640345653248

I know not everybody on DBR celebrates Christmas, but I thought I'd post a video of my favorite lip sync, which happens to be the Christmas carol "O Holy Night".

This makes me chortle, and we should all chortle at least once during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Santas also chose their weapons poorly. Candy canes? Really?
    Candy canes are good for tripping...

/ducks

Curry,in full stride catches mouthpiece and passes to Durant on the fly

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/step...t-kevin-durant
    Let's go DUKE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BluDvlsN1 View Post
    Curry,in full stride catches mouthpiece and passes to Durant on the fly

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/step...t-kevin-durant
    Thanks for reminding me how ridiculous Jeremy Lin's hair is.

Did they call a travel on Curry? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Did they call a travel on Curry? Lol.
    The only travel in the nba is by plane to get to the next game.

Bringing this thread back to life for the new year.

Two great videos here. One a crazy badminton highlight... the other is the craziest Wii tennis you have ever seen.

That Wii tennis video was just insane.

Tears running down my cheeks from watching these three British men try to untangle their bike from an electric fence.