Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3550
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Then would that be an illegal touch, take a penalty, an\nd then re-lay from the original position without a tee as your third shot?
    See my prior post. I think he would actually have to re-tee it because the rule states that the ball needs to be 'replaced.' In most cases one doesn't know exactly where the ball was before it was moved and we have to make our best guess, but in this case he knows exactly where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    See my prior post. I think he would actually have to re-tee it because the rule states that the ball needs to be 'replaced.' In most cases one doesn't know exactly where the ball was before it was moved and we have to make our best guess, but in this case he knows exactly where it was.
    But isn’t “replaced” usually done by drop? I would think it has to be replaced in the same location, but not with the aid of a tee.

(not arguing — just not sure why you get the benefit of a tee. It’s not a lost ball or a provisional).

Saw a "double tap" in the last round today. Wedge shot, hit again on the back swing. Apparently not a stroke penalty.

Also, Bryson is about to murder the tour for awhile best I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    But isn’t “replaced” usually done by drop? I would think it has to be replaced in the same location, but not with the aid of a tee.

(not arguing — just not sure why you get the benefit of a tee. It’s not a lost ball or a provisional).
    No. Replacing a ball that was accidentally moved is not generally done by drop. It most often occurs on the green, and the player just physically moves the ball back to where he thought it was before it moved. Same if it occurs in the rough. For example, if the ball moves while you are addressing it in the rough, you physically replqce it as close as possible to where it was before it moved. A drop would not allow you to do that, so the ball is not dropped in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    He needs to pull the tee and hit his second shot from where the ball lies.

Certainly that would be the ruling had he hit the ball with the club, anyway. On the slo-mo replay you can see that he whiffed completely and then kicked the ball off the tee with his foot.
    The wind from his club face knocked the ball off the tee. His foot looks close from the replay angle, but if you re-watch the first video his foot is nowhere near the ball.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The wind from his club face knocked the ball off the tee. His foot looks close from the replay angle, but if you re-watch the first video his foot is nowhere near the ball.
    What was the actual call made? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ok. If it was the wind from the club, the ruling is really simple. Pull out the tee and play on. Ball has to be played as it lies, hitting stroke two.

FWIW, I would take doing something that embarrassing every once in a while if I could play to a plus four and make a lot of money playing golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Also, Bryson is about to murder the tour for awhile best I can tell.
    Golf.com asked a bunch of folks if Bryson Dechambeau has cracked golf's code? The consensus seems to be that on simplistic courses that don't really punish the occasional wayward shot, he's going to dominate. But at US and British Open kinda courses, he's going to struggle.

https://golf.com/news/has-bryson-dec...-confidential/
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This seems to be the best image:

Update on the Flaming Antenna of Mt. Mansfield...tomorrow morning at 5:30, a giant skyhook type helicopter is going to hoist the burned antenna from the tippy top of the mountain, carry it away, and bring in a new fresh one which hopefully won't catch on fire.
    Good view from the end of my driveway if you can be here by 5:30 , I'll have the coffee ready.

What caused the antenna to ignite?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I’m going with “the wrath of an angry God.”

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    There was a short in some aging circuitry, which ignited some flammable material (who would've thunk there was flammable material in an antenna?)

Anyway, the helicopter is working hard today, nice scene of the sun rising over the mountain as they lower the new antenna...several antennae to be moved, long day up there...

2020 really has it all...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...rnado-warning/

The powerful fire and potent rotation inside the wildfire even prompted the National Weather Service in Reno, Nev., to issue what is believed to be the first weather alert of its kind: a “fire tornado warning.”

“Amazing event. Not aware of this ever before,” wrote Neil Lareau, who studies extreme fire behavior at the University of Nevada at Reno. Lareau’s research helped confirm the existence and intensity of the deadly fire tornado associated with the 2018 Carr Fire in Redding, Calif
    CC2DE019-1F8C-486A-8FA8-53E9E65EEF59.jpg
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Eyes on Cow Butts. Why?

cowbutts1-800x535.jpg

Because, Science!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I was going with "because 2020".

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I was going with "because 2020".
    As good a reason as any, and frankly better than most.

Just in time for Halloween: This 3D home tour is the best accidental video game of 2020

“Find the bathtub.” That’s the simple goal behind a fascinating new game devised after a 3D walkthrough of a Louisville, Kent., home went viral on Twitter.
    Here is a direct link. Then click on 3D Walkthrough, and move around and zoom in as much as you like.

It took me about 10 minutes to find the bathtub. (It was in none of the bathrooms I checked.) I will say that the contents of the house are weird and unsettling in a "I can't believe anyone could live or work or hoard like this" way, but I did not find it scary. There is a cat, and he looks judgmental, but there are no other living things inside.

Try it out! Better use of your time than politics.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Just in time for Halloween: This 3D home tour is the best accidental video game of 2020

Here is a direct link. Then click on 3D Walkthrough, and move around and zoom in as much as you like.

It took me about 10 minutes to find the bathtub. (It was in none of the bathrooms I checked.) I will say that the contents of the house are weird and unsettling in a "I can't believe anyone could live or work or hoard like this" way, but I did not find it scary. There is a cat, and he looks judgmental, but there are no other living things inside.

Try it out! Better use of your time than politics.
    Got lost. Found the cat. Never found the tub. But, bootleg much? I can't believe it's being listed with all that stuff in full view.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Got lost. Found the cat. Never found the tub. But, bootleg much? I can't believe it's being listed with all that stuff in full view.
    I found the tub, but couldn't find my way back out (or at least lost interest in doing so). Wow. I've never seen so many videos. Must make a living via eBay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I found the tub, but couldn't find my way back out (or at least lost interest in doing so). Wow. I've never seen so many videos. Must make a living via eBay or something.
    Consider yourselves lucky for trying. The homeowner has now taken down the link to the 3D walkthrough. (It may still exist, but it's harder to find than the bathtub.)

Owner of mysterious 3D tour house explains strange bathtub and all those Girls Gone Wild DVDs

As context, we learn that 8800 Blue Lick had been raided in the past for selling allegedly stolen goods, though Curtis says “he was running a legitimate family business buying discount goods from peddlers marts and flea markets and reselling them for profit on Amazon and eBay.”
    Doesn't really explain the industrial strength burner of CDs and DVDs in the computer room, but okay.