Page 45 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Great moments in semantic satiation...

Kinda old, but this clip of Bert "The Machine" Kreischer making a pair of local TV anchors die from laughter is truly LOL funny.

-Jason "Legendary Pictures is going make Bert's famous Russian Mafia story into a movie... I'll buy tickets to see that right now!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Lexi Thompson doesn’t agree with her Scottish caddie...

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/stat...334974976?s=20
    Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen; 09-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Lexi Thompson doesn’t agree with her Scottish caddie...

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/stat...334974976?s=20
    What does the caddie say?

What the ?!?!?! How did this Cubs fan do this?!?!

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1173954632353271808
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    What does the caddie say?
    He screamed “fore right” thinking it was headed REALLY far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    He screamed “fore right” thinking it was headed REALLY far right.
    Ohhhh. "Fore!"

With the Scottish accent it sounded more like another "F" word.

I had breakfast with this fellow this morning. We've become good friends over the years. He's inspiring.

https://gearjunkie.com/iditarod-foot...ing-depression

24/7 Relaxing Ambient Music + beautiful Earth views from Tesla Roadster in space

~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I had breakfast with this fellow this morning. We've become good friends over the years. He's inspiring.

https://gearjunkie.com/iditarod-foot...ing-depression
    Every time I think I've seen a ridiculous running feat, someone comes along and tops it. And I thought Leadville and Badwater were crazy.
    "There can BE only one."

My favorite Mike Leach video for this week:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo.../1604857923802
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Every time I think I've seen a ridiculous running feat, someone comes along and tops it. And I thought Leadville and Badwater were crazy.
    Have you ever heard of The Barkley Marathons in TN? It turns the whole race spectacle on its head a little bit and has other challenges like actively making it confusing to even register with riddles and puzzles and such. Don't let that fool you though, the race is a brute.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have you ever heard of The Barkley Marathons in TN? It turns the whole race spectacle on its head a little bit and has other challenges like actively making it confusing to even register with riddles and puzzles and such. Don't let that fool you though, the race is a brute.
    Similar but different race also in TN next month - Bigs Backyard Ultra. Last year's winner ran 284 miles in less than three days. My Iditarod buddy is signed up for this - I think it's a frigging bananas form of self-torture. Decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Similar but different race also in TN next month - Bigs Backyard Ultra. Last year's winner ran 284 miles in less than three days. My Iditarod buddy is signed up for this - I think it's a frigging bananas form of self-torture. Decide for yourself.
    Good lord, man! I don't quite understand this level of racing fanaticism. It does seem like there an awful lot of stories - like that of your friend - in the ultra endurance sports world of former addicts or folks struggling with mental health issues using the racing/training to help overcome/persevere. I don't have any evidence to support this but I could see a connection in terms of leveraging some likely natural predilections and rechanneling the energy into something more productive but every bit as all consuming.

A nurse in Indiana came upon a motorcycle accident last year and stopped to help the fallen bikers.

Her 8 year old daughter had a lemonade stand this summer and the entire biker club showed up to buy a glass and thank the mom.
    https://youtu.be/CkyRlRQmm-o

Amazing and creepy all at once...

I am absolutely certain that when our robot overlords come, they will be wearing a Boston Dynamic logo on their metallic bodies. The company announced today that, for the first time, the "Spot" line of robots are available for businesses to purchase or lease. No word what they will cost that I found -- I think it may depend on what you need the robot to do.

The Spot can also carry up to four hardware modules on its back, giving companies a way to swap in whatever skills the robot needs for this particular job. If it’s checking for gas leaks, you can build in a methane detector. If you need connectivity over longer distances, you can attach a mesh radio module. Boston Dynamics is already outfitting units with LIDAR rigs from Velodyne (a favorite component for self-driving car projects) to create 3D maps of indoor spaces. Since the Spot is designed to work in the rain, outdoor spaces are on the table, too.
    Anyway, here is a video preview of Spot.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am absolutely certain that when our robot overlords come, they will be wearing a Boston Dynamic logo on their metallic bodies. The company announced today that, for the first time, the "Spot" line of robots are available for businesses to purchase or lease. No word what they will cost that I found -- I think it may depend on what you need the robot to do.

Anyway, here is a video preview of Spot.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

A somewhat funny SNL skit that goes to a whole new level at the 4:35 mark... watch the whole thing but prepared to be surprised at 4:35.

Mouse falls from White House ceiling into reporter’s lap in press room. Some funny tweets there, too.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...se-ceiling?amp