Page 36 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I'm interested in "Asdf" and even more in "Asdfjkl;" though I don't really expect to find that one.
    I'm curious about GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is there a story behind the name?

If I heard correctly, the mother from the Southwest Airlines incident first thought of the name when she was 8.
    There's a Sesame Street song in there...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is there a story behind the name?

If I heard correctly, the mother from the Southwest Airlines incident first thought of the name when she was 8.
    If there is a story, I don't know it.

Saw this on my Facebook feed. Maybe it should be moved to somewhere on the EK Board?
    48317933_10216840943872814_2166139121918017536_n.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Stupidest Tick-Tack-Toe player EVER!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

The crazy thing is it wasn't just one, they were both complete idiots. First of all neither of them used the middle square when they both had the opportunity to. Then they both made error after error and just seemed to be trying to fill up the board instead of actually trying to win the game. I realize you probably get nervous doing stuff like that in front a crowd but good grief!
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    The crazy thing is it wasn't just one, they were both complete idiots. First of all neither of them used the middle square when they both had the opportunity to. Then they both made error after error and just seemed to be trying to fill up the board instead of actually trying to win the game. I realize you probably get nervous doing stuff like that in front a crowd but good grief!
    Playing the corner with the first move is actually the optimal strategy for X, not taking the center.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

Idiocracy is our future, not Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Playing the corner with the first move is actually the optimal strategy for X, not taking the center.
    Precisely.

Dumbest game ever, though. After two moves the outcome is pretty much assured, provided your opponent isn't a complete idiot.

Example: You place the first X in a corner. Your opponent places an O in the center. Cat's game unless the opponent is an idiot. I mean, the game is literally over after each player has placed one mark.

Example 2: You place the first X in a corner. Your opponent places an O in another corner. You have a chance to actually win the game. However, if your opponent is reasonably smart, this, too is generally a cat's game.

Conclusion: Tic-Tac-Toe sucks.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Precisely.

Dumbest game ever, though. After two moves the outcome is pretty much assured, provided your opponent isn't a complete idiot.

Example: You place the first X in a corner. Your opponent places an O in the center. Cat's game unless the opponent is an idiot. I mean, the game is literally over after each player has placed one mark.

Example 2: You place the first X in a corner. Your opponent places an O in another corner. You have a chance to actually win the game. However, if your opponent is reasonably smart, this, too is generally a cat's game.

Beats Global Thermonuclear War.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Beats Global Thermonuclear War.
    The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

Man gets angry at local city council for not granting his building permit.
    Man commissions a statue to show his displeasure.
    Statue is of... well... see for yourself.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Man gets angry at local city council for not granting his building permit.
    Man commissions a statue to show his displeasure.
    Statue is of... well... see for yourself.

The spotlight is a nice touch.

Amazing Game Trail Video From Hendersonville, NC

Ran across this amazing game trail video from Hendersonville, my Dad's hometown. The camera is set up in the folk's backyard. Animals include coyote (including a rare black one), black bears, deer, red fox, gray fox, raccoons, wild turkeys, bobcat, and white gray squirrels.All visiting their one acre plot of land. Hope you enjoy this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4y2BK4UZU

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Precisely.

Actually, anything other than a center O square allows X to win out. Scenarios:
    - If O moves to the corner opposite X (e.g. bottom right), then X moves to bottom left corner. O must now block X on the center left line. X then moves to top right corner, giving him 2 ways to win.
    - If O moves to either of the other two corners, X takes bottom right corner. O moves to center to block, and X takes the last corner. X now has 2 ways to win
    - If O moves to any of the middle side squares, X takes the center square. O must move to block, and X takes a remaining corner away from O's initial side move to set up a 2 way win.

Also, for a non-s**ky form of TTT, check out this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Orange-1.../dp/B001TMXDMK
    - Basically you have four pieces - two large and two small. Larger one can "gobble" a smaller piece and thus Bogart the square. Given a limited # of pieces games have a guaranteed winner, and strategy is much more difficult to predict.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Ran across this amazing game trail video from Hendersonville, my Dad's hometown. The camera is set up in the folk's backyard. Animals include coyote (including a rare black one), black bears, deer, red fox, gray fox, raccoons, wild turkeys, bobcat, and white gray squirrels.All visiting their one acre plot of land. Hope you enjoy this.
    Wow that was awesome! Unbelievable he got that much diversity on one camera. I'd never heard of a black coyote. I've seen most all those animals at one time or another section hiking the Appalachian Trail. I even saw a bobcat passing through in camp one night. I think I'm up to 10 bears now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Not nearly the wow factor or quality of that video, but I took this video of two bucks (play?) fighting just behind my backyard fence last week. Unfortunately I took the video from inside so there's no sound.

Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Package thief

Apparently this is what happens when you steal a package from an engineer that worked on the Mars rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post
    Apparently this is what happens when you steal a package from an engineer that worked on the Mars rovers.

Can I order one with Amazon Prime?

Ah, the potential irony ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Can I order one with Amazon Prime?

Ah, the potential irony ...
    Great find!