Page 15 of 178 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    ...which makes it NOT the best close-up magic.

Sleight of hand rules, not machines or tricks, in my opinion.
    Here it is in slow motion. It looks to me like there are different levels that can be hidden or made to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Here it is in slow motion. It looks to me like there are different levels that can be hidden or made to appear.
    At first I thought it was just playing with light and shadow (notice how quickly the shadow on his hands obscure the coins), but then I realized it's far simpler to do it with a flat screen TV.

Paul Gertner is more my style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qZdvl7iXY

This is real, old-school, close-up magic at its best. Amusing, funny, and displaying great sleight of hand. He is amazing at card tricks, too.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    At first I thought it was just playing with light and shadow (notice how quickly the shadow on his hands obscure the coins), but then I realized it's far simpler to do it with a flat screen TV.
    Of course, he does appear to start with actual coins, which he puts down and picks up more than once, so...

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Of course, he does appear to start with actual coins, which he puts down and picks up more than once, so...
    Yeah -- he's taking a pretty common sleight of hand trick (coin matrix), and adding special effects.

Greg Knight is running for Parliament in the UK and I can't see why anyone would not vote for him after watching this remarkably well-produced and thoughtful campaign ad.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Greg Knight is running for Parliament in the UK and I can't see why anyone would not vote for him after watching this remarkably well-produced and thoughtful campaign ad.
    There should be a game: Sketch Comedy or Real?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "Putting the 'party' in the Tory Party"

This dude is lucky to be alive

Holy crap that was close!
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    This dude is lucky to be alive

Holy crap that was close!
    Whooo-eeeeee!

Let's do it again!

Darwin's ghost is shaking his head.

Man sees bug inside his computer monitor screen... not outside, where you could slick it away, inside the screen. Here is a video:

What he did next was a terrible, terrible mistake. Read about it here.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Kayaker goes over 70 foot waterfall on an inflatable lobster

~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Being in the outdoor gear industry, people doing insane things like this are pretty common. Not intelligent, but common.

Pretty heartwarming

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Pretty heartwarming
    The Red Sox really, really need to take care of that kid with some box seats!

I'm not sure about this one... it is a compilation of guys being hit in the !#^!^ set to Peter Gabriel's wonderful Solsbury Hill.

Girl messing around on Six Flags gondola ride falls 25 feet... gets caught by people below.

Cool, dramatic video here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/six-flag...ell-from-ride/

In honor of our lame tradition of fireworks on the 4th of July, I present to you the two Greek churches that celebrate Easter by firing a few thousand rockets at each other.

Where's the squirrel?