Page 13 of 178 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Do you know how the military tests the new magnetic catapult system on aircraft carriers? By launching trucks, of course!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Do you know how the military tests the new magnetic catapult system on aircraft carriers? By launching trucks, of course!
    I prefer cows

https://youtu.be/JQ8jGqdE2iw
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Kings love their people:

https://youtu.be/dk47saogI8o

It they could give them a bit of side spin they'd skip better.

When cool air close to ground encounters warmer air above it, a phenomenon known as cloud inversion can occur. Some photographers were taking time-lapse footage at the Grand Canyon and captured some amazing cloud inversion. It starts about 1:00 into this video.

-Jason "Warning, do not smoke some weed and then put this video on a loop or you may stay at your computer watching the video for 4 or 5 days" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm not a fan of Rick and Morty so I've never seen this dramatization of Georgia vs Denver Fenton Allen maybe it's old news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFaIxpbHvM&t=87s Presumably the court transcripts were faithfully followed, which is hard to believe. Hopefully this link from AJC.com corroborates the event: http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23...room-exchange/

Ssssoooooo NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'm not a fan of Rick and Morty so I've never seen this dramatization of Georgia vs Denver Fenton Allen maybe it's old news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFaIxpbHvM&t=87s Presumably the court transcripts were faithfully followed, which is hard to believe. Hopefully this link from AJC.com corroborates the event: http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23...room-exchange/

Ssssoooooo NSFW
    That was incredible!!! It is totally 100% real. Taken directly from the court transcripts and full of NSFW language.

Worth noting, the video linked in CameronBlue's post is stills, not the full Rick and Morty animated cartoon. Here is the full cartoon... enjoy!

That was incredible!!! It is totally 100% real. Taken directly from the court transcripts and full of NSFW language.

Worth noting, the video linked in CameronBlue's post is stills, not the full Rick and Morty animated cartoon. Here is the full cartoon... enjoy!
    I'm always amazed at what people will do for a bag of coffee.

Well, okay maybe Starbucks.

I stumbled across this animated short from a film student.
    Chapman student Jack Anderson tells the story of a chance encounter between two mining robots on a desolate planet.

every parent's cringe worthy moment

wow...this sea lion grabbing the girl is unreal
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/world/...rnd/index.html
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    wow...this sea lion grabbing the girl is unreal
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/world/...rnd/index.html
    Cue it in about 1:30. The speed of the sea lion is just stunning.

The speed of the man, who may be her grandfather per various reports, was pretty impressive, too.

Jason, can you explain how you imbed the video in the post instead of just the link?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Jason, can you explain how you imbed the video in the post instead of just the link?
    Easy to do. Get the URL of the video from Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, or Facebook. Then click on the film strip icon (in between the quote box icon and the insert image icon) and paste the url of your video. The system will put tags around the url and it will produce the little windows that have the video. Viola, you have inserted video into your post.

But, the thing that happens much of the time that throws people off is that a lot of sites will provide a link to a page that is shortened. The shortened link will not work. You need to paste the entire link for it to work. For example, here is a video for the Grease 2 scene titled. "Who's That Guy": www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DWu2lJs7Q

If I post www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DWu2lJs7Q into the video box, I get this:

But, if I am on the YouTube page and I right click on the video, YouTube has something called "copy video URL" which produces this: https://youtu.be/C8DWu2lJs7Q

See how it says youtu.be rather than YouTube.com? That shortening of the URL makes it impossible for our bulletin board software to play the video.

Does that make sense? Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Idiot in Camry nudges into HOV lane, nearly killing a motorcycle driver who was already there. Idiot then continues to drive down highway with motorcycle driver riding on his trunk.

"I can't believe you right now, dude!"

Idiot in Camry nudges into HOV lane, nearly killing a motorcycle driver who was already there. Idiot then continues to drive down highway with motorcycle driver riding on his trunk.

I hope the motorcyclist is fine but doesn't HOV stand for high occupancy vehicle? How does a motorcycle qualify?

Motorcycle was going WAY faster than the traffic in the adjoining lane, always dangerous.

Also, the motorcycle showed deplorable reaction time in braking, he's not someone that should be driving that fast to begin with. Even in my old age and sitting in a recliner with my laptop, my reactions were a hell of a lot faster than the motorcyclist when the car started pulling into his lane.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope the motorcyclist is fine but doesn't HOV stand for high occupancy vehicle? How does a motorcycle qualify?
    Not defending the motorcycle's driving (both probably at fault here), but some roads somewhat counter-intuitively combine HOV and motorcycle lanes, probably to keep things like this from happening:

Southern India has been going through a severe drought. So what does a wildlife rescue worker do when he is trying to remove a cobra from a village. He offers it a bottle of water.

~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    In Vegas, motorcycles are allowed to use HOV lanes. They are also allowed to lane split. Scares the crap out of me when a motorcycle flys between me and another car in traffic. Seems to me like a good way to get killed but I've never rode one before.

Also, to ride in a HOV lane in Vegas, all you need is 2 people. Could be a little 2 seater truck and you're in!