Page 129 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3558
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Not condoning the refs actions but the fit the batter threw before on the strike was borderline tossable. While the ump is and should be punished players that act like 3 year olds that can't have a cookie should be nipped in the bud as well.
    The ump let his emotions over ride his professionalism.
    100% agree, but we count on umps to be dispassionate and adjudicate fairly. Even the whiff of revenge or bias destroys the entire umpire/referee system. Had he tossed the player for protesting the previous strike no one would have thought twice about it. But when he allowed his own feelings to usurp the fairness and honesty of the game, he crossed a line that should never, ever be crossed by an ump or ref. If I was in charge of the umpire association or conference, I would ban him for at least a year and would want to sit down and discuss it with him before allowing him to umpire ever again.

Making an incorrect call out of a sense of vindictiveness the second worst thing an umpire can do, IMO. The only thing worse would be to gamble on the outcome of a game and then make your calls in a way that skew that outcome.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well at least now a google search for Reggie Drummer shows more than a bunch of links to Reggae Drummers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Well at least now a google search for Reggie Drummer shows more than a bunch of links to Reggae Drummers.
    That seems like a step backwards to me, honestly.

Video will only last 24 hrs.
    Had a a piece of equipment go up in flames.
    A million dollar fire not including building repairs .
    Hydraulic leak and poof.
    No one hurt.

https://streamable.com/1msuao

Hydraulic leak and poof.
    No one hurt.

Holy moly!

Hydraulic leak and poof.
    No one hurt.

Wow, is this Charleston?

Quote Originally Posted by ryetales View Post
    Wow, is this Charleston?
    Yes wando terminal in Mt pleasant.
    Unfortunately I've seen worse.
    They/we lowered fork lifts into the hull of a ship a gas line ruptured on a fork lift.
    It was to loud to here. All we saw were guys running and screaming. Swating at a invisible bug attack .fire was invisible. Really bad day .saw skin peeling ect . They all lived two were burned badly.
    That scared me.its hard to react to what you can't see.

Cotton/ coal will spontaneously combust also.but it only burns replaceable things luckily.
    Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 03-14-2023 at 08:12 PM.

A man jailed in the theft of monkeys from the Dallas zoo said he'd do it again

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/08/11554...leopard-escape

I really respect the honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    College baseball ump makes a bad strike call. Player gets a little upset. Ump responds by punching him out on a pitch 3 feet outside and almost on the ground.

Oh, and it was the last out of the game.

Ump should be suspended or fired, IMO. That's just wrong.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1634585250624831488
    I get the outrage at the ump's conduct, but I have to say, based on the above, I was expecting worse.

mike-tyson-punch-out-1.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow's Rectal Insufflation Ozone Therapy

...which involves "the administration of medical grade ozone directly into the colon via the rectum," has been getting pushback from the medical community. For those of you considering this treatment, you should know that many doctors advising against it!

Here is one such example: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-ozone-therapy

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    ...which involves "the administration of medical grade ozone directly into the colon via the rectum," has been getting pushback from the medical community. For those of you considering this treatment, you should know that many doctors advising against it!

Apparently, it can also propel you down ski slopes!

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post

IMO, any medical claim Gwyneth Paltrow makes or product she recommends comes with a presumption of quackery until proven otherwise.

Between this and her candles, I know way more about Gwyneth Paltrow‘s nether-regions than I want.

WAY more.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Between this and her candles, I know way more about Gwyneth Paltrow‘s nether-regions than I want.

WAY more.
    You had me at Insufflation.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We were in Tennessee at a secluded cabin.
    I'm in the hot tub outside I hear something walking beside me.i look over it's a bear . So I sink down to my nose
    Hope to God it doesn't want to make me a hot lunch.all I had was a carona. I make a break for it .my entire wifes family is in the living room .here I come in yelling bear .
    Turn around i realize I have no clothes
    On they are by tbe hot tub. only thing I could do was hold my head high walk up the stairs .
    I scarred some people for life.

I'm in the hot tub outside I hear something walking beside me.i look over it's a bear . So I sink down to my nose
    Hope to God it doesn't want to make me a hot lunch.all I had was a carona. I make a break for it .my entire wifes family is in the living room .here I come in yelling bear .
    On they are by tbe hot tub. only thing I could do was hold my head high walk up the stairs .
    Scarred or scared, maybe both?

I got semi-charged in Yosemite. Came out of my tent at 4am before a half dome hike and it was running headlong at me escaping another set of pot banging campers. I put my hands over my head and yelled, “hey bear”. It got to the edge of my tent and it turned hard.

I got semi-charged in Yosemite. Came out of my tent at 4am before a half dome hike and it was running headlong at me escaping another set of pot banging campers. I put my hands over my head and yelled, “hey bear”. It got to the edge of my tent and it turned hard.
    Holy hell!

I once stumbled around a corner and found myself VERY CLOSE (ten feet?) to a bill moose.