Page 124 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3589
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    Norwegian Man Now Identifies as a Disabled Woman, Uses Wheelchair “Almost All The Time”

Jørund Viktoria Alme, 53, an able-bodied man, now identifies as a disabled woman. Alme states that he has always wished he had been born a woman who was paralyzed from the waist down.

In addition to gender dysphoria, Alme claims to have a Body Integrity Disorder (BID), citing a “dissonance” between how he perceives himself and how his body functions. “I have struggled with this every day my whole life,” Alme told Vi, a Norwegian outlet, earlier this year. “In the same way that I experience being a woman in a man’s body, I experience that I should have been paralyzed from the waist down,” Alme stated.

https://reduxx.info/norwegian-man-no...ost-full-time/
    Interesting. I know this stuff gets posted to stir up cultural hot button issues but it reminds me of some of the old Oliver Sacks case studies in The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat. IIRC, There was a case of someone who experienced such dissonance that they didn’t believe one of their legs was their own and ended up throwing themselves out the window because they believed someone else was in bed with them.

Mostly reminds me of the absolute bizarre range of ways in which our brains can be hardwired to produce what would, to most and especially in the past, appear to be moral flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interesting. I know this stuff gets posted to stir up cultural hot button issues but it reminds me of some of the old Oliver Sacks case studies in The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat. IIRC, There was a case of someone who experienced such dissonance that they didn’t believe one of their legs was their own and ended up throwing themselves out the window because they believed someone else was in bed with them.

Mostly reminds me of the absolute bizarre range of ways in which our brains can be hardwired to produce what would, to most and especially in the past, appear to be moral flaws.
    Yeah I noticed that last week. These seem to be monodirectional.

I did not think it was possible for me to love Shakira more.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...020544119.html
    Amazing!
    Capture.jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I don't care for her sense of humor, but THAT is hilarious! And, yeah, you can't unsee that.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I don't care for her sense of humor, but THAT is hilarious! And, yeah, you can't unsee that.
    Yes, she's not generally my style either, but this piece was great.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I've deleted several posts related to the most recent drift of this thread away from its intent. This thread is not a place to share gripes about "woke-isms". Please avoid such posts in the future.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

The Trailer Valet

I really want one of these.

The Trailer Valet RVR

I suppose if I get one I should also get a trailer.

And I suppose if I get a trailer I should get something to take it on the road. My Prius probably isn't up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

The Trailer Valet RVR

And I suppose if I get a trailer I should get something to take it on the road. My Prius probably isn't up to the task.
    Pretty cool if you live somewhere flat. Not cheap though. There are electric ones without remote control for a lot less.

The Trailer Valet RVR

I’m in the market for a drift boat and I’m sure I need one of these. Gonna sit in the boat rowing while my wife runs me up and down our street.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Pretty cool if you live somewhere flat. Not cheap though. There are electric ones without remote control for a lot less.
    But, but, but...

It's remote controls that make life remotely worth living.

The Trailer Valet RVR

NOW I can take out the garbage honey!

But, but, but...

It's remote controls that make life remotely worth living.
    Go sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done.

This is an all-timer...

An UberEats deliveyrman just tried to deliver food to a ref in the middle of a game. Yup, it is real.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is an all-timer...

An UberEats deliveyrman just tried to deliver food to a ref in the middle of a game. Yup, it is real.
    You didn't mention he walked onto the floor right into live play!

So which is least unlikely: a) this is a prank or b) someone is actually clueless enough to walk into the middle a live b-ball game to make a food delivery? The ref seemed to expect the order so I guess we have to go with option b??

We really need to get micro-plastics out of our food chain. Because something is clearly damaging our brains!

PS - How freakin’ high was that Uber Eats guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    You didn't mention he walked onto the floor right into live play!

So which is least unlikely: a) this is a prank or b) someone is actually clueless enough to walk into the middle a live b-ball game to make a food delivery? The ref seemed to expect the order so I guess we have to go with option b??

We really need to get micro-plastics out of our food chain. Because something is clearly damaging our brains!
    Looks like it was for the video board operator who did get the order. So many questions: How did he get in without a ticket? Where did he park? Will this work if I try at Cameron?

Posted this in the This Week in the ACC thread, but it goes here as well because... DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!

Clemson will be without Brevin Galloway for a couple games at least. He is hurt.

If you want to know what he hurt... well... I'll let Galloway (and some very wonderful painkillers) explain it for himself.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...00422906626048

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Posted this in the This Week in the ACC thread, but it goes here as well because... DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!
    That’s going to live a looonnnnggg time. What the heck happened to him, exactly? It sounds terrifying.

That’s going to live a looonnnnggg time. What the heck happened to him, exactly? It sounds terrifying.
    I sense an OPK honeymoon story.

But seriously, why do people feel the need to put EVERYTHING on social media?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016