Page 11 of 178 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The ending of Rogue One married to the beginning of A New Hope!!

-Jason "I could watch the Vader scene at the end of Rogue One on a loop for an hour" Evans
    with the exception of the glaring directorial fail, it's a pretty good transition....

After all the deaths, the battle, the loss of life, she wouldn't have any kind of a smile on her face. JJ did a good job, but chewy and leia NOT having a moment over Han's death, and the schmaltsy effort for a "happy moment" at the disc hand off were really terrible...

oh....jmho
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I sorta enjoyed this short film about a serial killer disposing of the body.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I sorta enjoyed this short film about a serial killer disposing of the body.

Poorly executed. pause for laughter

Trunk was as heavy with one as with three - should have required much more effort at end than beginning

Trunk would not have fit three bodies, no matter how finely ground

Worst purse-snatcher ever!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just when you think you have seen everything...

Here's a commercial for... well... the current in a river.

-Jason "you want a commercial for a river... I give you a Japanese monster" Evans

Nothing to see here... except a guy who is actually building an Iron Man suit which will allow him to fly.

http://digg.com/video/backwards-language-words

This is long (about 10 minutes) but fascinating, insane, and amusing. Summary: there is a guy who can say anything backwards, instantaneously. You can record him and then play the audio backwards and he is speaking English. Insanely difficult. In the video, a guy tries to see whether the guy can still say things backwards when his brain is being tasked with other things. You have to see it to believe it.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Nothing to see here... except a guy who is actually building an Iron Man suit which will allow him to fly.

This is ridiculously dangerous.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Two comments...

I have a friend from college who can talk backwards "fluently," I guess one could say. As my grandfather would have said "evidence of a misspent youth."

And, as far as "iron man" goes... there was an action film festival here in Asheville a few years ago, and the kickoff included a guy flying in a jet pack around downtown Asheville. Looked wildly dangerous.

Then there's the I-85 fire and road collapse in Atlanta. Closing the road for how long?

I've seen boneheaded plays by soccer goalies before... but I don't think I've ever seen this happen.

-Jason "watch the replay at the 1:20 mark... Carlos Fierro is utterly stunned that the ball is just laying there for him" Evans

I admit my knowledge of offsides is dated but I thought there had to be a certain number of players or the ball between you and the goal. Could he have been considered offsides?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I admit my knowledge of offsides is dated but I thought there had to be a certain number of players or the ball between you and the goal. Could he have been considered offsides?
    You are only offsides if your team passes you the ball. If the opposing team passes or loses the ball, you cannot be offsides. If, for example, a player on his team had passed the ball to the guy behind the keeper, he would have been offsides. But, the keeper is the one who passed/gave up the ball.

Does that make sense?

Wholey impractical, but some serious core strength! Can you imagine some dumpy middle-age man trying to strap on the leg and arm rockets and take off?

The blooper reel for this would be worth watching!

You are only offsides if your team passes you the ball. If the opposing team passes or loses the ball, you cannot be offsides. If, for example, a player on his team had passed the ball to the guy behind the keeper, he would have been offsides. But, the keeper is the one who passed/gave up the ball.

Does that make sense?
    Thank you. I was figuring that there was a nuance that I was missing but couldn't remember it.

I've seen boneheaded plays by soccer goalies before... but I don't think I've ever seen this happen.

-Jason "watch the replay at the 1:20 mark... Carlos Fierro is utterly stunned that the ball is just laying there for him" Evans
    And look at the time on the game clock! talk about the wrong time!

At first glance, this appears to be a video of a stupid snowboarder barely avoiding an avalanche... but upon closer inspection, you won't believe the heroic effort (likely in vain) of a snow white rabbit to get out of the churning snow.

best music dub
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Nothing to see here... just a 150-foot tall iceberg hanging out on the beach in a Canadian town.

-Jason "as an aside, Id love it if the rest of you sometimes contributed cool stuff you see to this thread...sigh" Evans

Most of us are not cool enough.😎