Page 105 of 181 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3610
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    A coworker went to see Roger Waters last night and was raving about what a powerful event it was. Anyone else catch it?
    I had a neighbor here that went and said it was oddly political, to the point it was taking away from the musical experience. I don't have more info than that.

Roger has a litany of political gripes...

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I had a neighbor here that went and said it was oddly political, to the point it was taking away from the musical experience. I don't have more info than that.
    Well, my coworker said the entire event was very political and she found it refreshing. Different tastes I suppose.

I can't imagine anyone being shocked or surprised that Roger Waters has strong political beliefs tied into his music, unless they have paid zero attention for, well, 50 years.

I saw him in 2016 and thought the show, including a giant pig-shaped parade balloon and other not subtle messages, was great and just the right amount political. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I saw him in 2016 and thought the show, including a giant pig-shaped parade balloon and other not subtle messages, was great and just the right amount political. YMMV.
    To be clear, I'm not making any statement about his political beliefs (I have my opinions but am too smart to share them here) - but rather that someone would be surprised to see politics injected into a Roger Waters show.

To be clear, I'm not making any statement about his political beliefs (I have my opinions but am too smart to share them here) - but rather that someone would be surprised to see politics injected into a Roger Waters show.
    Yep yep I got that, and you are wiser than I am.

I think the point was it was beyond 'injected', but rather 'overwrought'.

His taste, not mine. I have no firsthand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I think the point was it was beyond 'injected', but rather 'overwrought'.

His taste, not mine. I have no firsthand knowledge.
    I mean, Pink Floyd was never shy about discussing political issues. Quite the opposite.

Is it political if it’s correct? I don’t think any of my public policy stances are political- they are just good sense. Is it my fault that so many people see things differently, i.e., incorrectly? Sheesh…

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Is it political if it’s correct? ...
    Depends on whether your views align with mine.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Depends on whether your views align with mine.
    Or what I say in my lectures all the time: "I hate anecdotal evidence...unless it supports my bias."

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Or what I say in my lectures all the time: "I hate anecdotal evidence...unless it supports my bias."
    Then there's the old standby: You are free to have you own opinion. I can't force you to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Then there's the old standby: You are free to have you own opinion. I can't force you to be right.
    I support this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Why??!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why??!?!?!?!
    At least he didn't put ketchup on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why??!?!?!?!
    Clearly a solution to the plastic straw crisis that no one else, and I mean no one else, had ever considered.

That is ingenious. That guy must’ve graduated from MIT

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Clearly a solution to the plastic straw crisis that no one else, and I mean no one else, had ever considered.
    My mind went in a totally different direction, especially since he used a plastic straw to make the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My mind went in a totally different direction, especially since he used a plastic straw to make the hole.
    I considered that, but I don't think a plastic straw could core out a hot dog. I figured it was some sort of wooden cocktail stick that he brought along, or a similar device of his own invention.