Page 100 of 181 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3606
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It is always the husband. There was never any mystery that he did it, it was just a matter of time. What a heck of a string of incidents and corruption and violence that family doled out. I mean, Murdaugh’s list of clients he cheated just by itself is arresting and I don’t know how his firm didn’t know.
    So do we think the son was always part of the plan, or an unexpected witness who then had to go?

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    So do we think the son was always part of the plan, or an unexpected witness who then had to go?
    If I were writing the script I would have the wife as the intended victim. Then the son inconveniently appears on the scene spoiling the alibi so he has to go.

Given the liability the son had created through the boating accident, I think it was part of the plan.

Quite the sales pitch...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonevans View Post
    quite the sales pitch...
    opk iifal.

Don’t bring my honeymoon into this again.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Don’t bring my honeymoon into this again.
    Yeah. If you aren't a lawyer, go ahead and spell that out. Ianal. Also I am not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ianal.
    Don’t do it in Georgia. After the recent Supreme Court Dobbs decision, I’m not sure that Bowers v. Hardwick, 478 U.S. 186 (1986) is still good law.

Which is a statement I really never thought I would have to say tbh.

And the law that Bowers struck down is still on the books. No reason legally to think that law is now unenforceable.

Tl;dr — stick to missionary for married couples or good luck. All else is against the law here.

Oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Given the liability the son had created through the boating accident, I think it was part of the plan.
    Completely agree. Until I saw the recent coverage that stated the wife was already estranged, I thought the younger son's boat accident was the only reason for these murders. I am pretty sure his court case was scheduled very soon after the date of his murder.

In related news, the bank manager that helped Murdaugh steal client's money is now arrested as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-murdaugh...135226832.html

How can you tell?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

How can you tell?
    CBS17 is HORRIBLE! Bottom tier of reporting in the Triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Don’t do it in Georgia. After the recent Supreme Court Dobbs decision, I’m not sure that Bowers v. Hardwick, 478 U.S. 186 (1986) is still good law.

Which is a statement I really never thought I would have to say tbh.

And the law that Bowers struck down is still on the books. No reason legally to think that law is now unenforceable.

Tl;dr — stick to missionary for married couples or good luck. All else is against the law here.
    The question isn't whether the "my client's really bad at anatomy" defense will fly, it's who's going to be the first lawyer to try it?
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 07-21-2022 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Maybe it's time to check out real estate options in Belize

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Completely agree. Until I saw the recent coverage that stated the wife was already estranged, I thought the younger son's boat accident was the only reason for these murders. I am pretty sure his court case was scheduled very soon after the date of his murder.

In related news, the bank manager that helped Murdaugh steal client's money is now arrested as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/alex-murdaugh...135226832.html
    I think you’re right on the boat accident trial, and apparently the investigation in that case was uncovering more and more on the financial crimes. It’s beyond horrifying to think that AM could plan his child’s murder to eliminate financial exposure or to cover up financial crimes, but no less so that his immediate instinct would be to kill his son to cover up his wife’s murder. As the “solid alibi” has evaporated and other evidence is disclosed though it sure doesn’t look like an audible by a hitman.

these perps must never have watched Dateline. Sheer idiocy.

I think you’re right on the boat accident trial, and apparently the investigation in that case was uncovering more and more on the financial crimes. It’s beyond horrifying to think that AM could plan his child’s murder to eliminate financial exposure or to cover up financial crimes, but no less so that his immediate instinct would be to kill his son to cover up his wife’s murder. As the “solid alibi” has evaporated and other evidence is disclosed though it sure doesn’t look like an audible by a hitman.
    Yeah. Whether the son was or wasn’t part of the plan is just dark speculation now; dude obviously had it in him to kill both of them, then attempt to fake an attempted murder on his own life.

Hard to know if there was ever something we’d recognize as human in there but there surely isn’t now. The depth and breadth of his crimes is breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    these perps must never have watched Dateline. Sheer idiocy.
    This article gives you some insight into why they act this way. The Murdaugh and Lafitte families have apparently been able to do whatever they want in those rural SC counties for years so they never thought they would get caught.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/07/20/...being-imposed/

Now, apparently they have been able to keep the murder details secret to make sure Murdaugh's family doesn't turn on him quite yet so the lawyers continue to get paid.

McDonalds employee here decided to throw some live ammo on the grill yesterday. The place cleared out quickly. https://www.mynbc5.com/article/mcdon...grill/40701018

Stormy afternoon in New York... someone managed to get this shot just as a lightning strike hit the Empire State Building

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    McDonalds employee here decided to throw some live ammo on the grill yesterday. The place cleared out quickly. https://www.mynbc5.com/article/mcdon...grill/40701018
    When I was about 12 my slightly younger and dumber cousin thought it would be fun to throw .22 caliber bullets into the campfire. After hearing the whooshing noise of three successive projectiles zipping by my head I was finally able to stop his madness. I assume it was shell casings that barely missed me rather than the heavier bullets. But still…lucky to avoid losing an eye or worse! 😬😱🤪