Page 118 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3590
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Here's a CNN linky .

I like your reference to bonehead, made me look up the baseball story.
    Highly recommend Dan Bern song, “Merkle (Shoulda Touched 2d Base)”. Bound to be on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    My lights flickered yesterday. I wondered how such a modest weather event could have done it.

And we got our first "snow day" (kids flushed batteries instead of ice cubes?) in Montgomery County today due to the power outage - some 44 of 210 schools without power overnight.

-jk
    I thought you might be affected...

Dude drinks too much on a cruise, has no recollection of going overboard and comes to in the ocean with no lights in sight. It’s like a fraternity Jason Bourne and my nightmare. Dude is SOooooooo lucky.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...iew/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Dude drinks too much on a cruise, has no recollection of going overboard and comes to in the ocean with no lights in sight. It’s like a fraternity Jason Bourne and my nightmare. Dude is SOooooooo lucky.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...iew/index.html
    I don't get it. How does one "wake up" floating in the ocean and not have drowned before doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I don't get it. How does one "wake up" floating in the ocean and not have drowned before doing so?
    Mysterious creature holding him up?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It is amazing people as dumb as this guy appears to be make enough money to afford to go on a cruise that I assume was not cheap. This whole story is sketchy. This guy clearly is planning to run for office.

And he says he wasn't drunk. Hmmm... a curious story, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Well, it's really easy to say you weren't drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, it's really easy to say you weren't drunk.
    I have said that so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have said that so many times.
    I usually have said it when it wasn't true. Tends to be when I'm asked, for some reason.

It's rare that I have occasion to say "hey, by the way, I'm not drunk" at, say, 11am on a Tuesday. Even though it would almost always be true.

He did?!?! I thought he said he’d been at the bar a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Mysterious creature holding him up?
    There has never been a better opportunity for a Cabin Boy reference!

He did?!?! I thought he said he’d been at the bar a while!
    Could have sworn I heard a reporter ask him if he was drunk and then heard him deny it, although it was on one of those godawful evening tv shows that I was trying very hard not to watch, and furiously messing with the clicker to get to a different channel. So I could be mistaken.

Could have sworn I heard a reporter ask him if he was drunk and then heard him deny it, although it was on one of those godawful evening tv shows that I was trying very hard not to watch, and furiously messing with the clicker to get to a different channel. So I could be mistaken.
    He said something along the lines of he had been to the bar and had a couple of drinks but he wasn't drunk and the next thing he knew he woke up in the water. Which is a long form version of saying you're drunk.

He said something along the lines of he had been to the bar and had a couple of drinks but he wasn't drunk and the next thing he knew he woke up in the water. Which is a long form version of saying you're drunk.
    The dude won a cruise air guitar competition and had been day drinking and went over at 11 PM. If he said he wasn't drunk, he a liar!

The dude won a cruise air guitar competition and had been day drinking and went over at 11 PM. If he said he wasn't drunk, he a liar!
    Yeah. He sobered up when that leviathan held him up out of the water.

If you’re not day drinking on a cruise, I’m not sure why you’re even there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you’re not day drinking on a cruise, I’m not sure why you’re even there tbh.
    Exactly. The moment he said he was sober is the moment some law enforcement body should have pressed charges. I don't know what he was doing if he was sober, but whatever it was was illegal.

Exactly. The moment he said he was sober is the moment some law enforcement body should have pressed charges. I don't know what he was doing if he was sober, but whatever it was was illegal.
    He either needs to play the lottery because he #blessrd or never do anything risky again because he’s used up all his luck.

Nuclear Fusion Achieved

Today at 10am, a self sustained Fusion Reaction at Lawrence Livermore Labs (LLL) in California will be announced.
    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...es-2022-12-12/

The potential impacts of this are staggering for the world's energy supply and infrastructure.

Imagine all of the world's existing Nuclear (Fission) Power Plants becoming obsolete. No more storing of nuclear waste. Abundant clean/green energy available for lower cost. Very timely when you're talking about the increase in EV production/usage and need for significantly more electricity to power them. Apparently, the day will come when coal plants that produce electricity will definitely disappear.

The actual building of a plant will take 1-2 decades, and surely there are some problems to solve here, but nothing insurmountable.

Background: Nuclear reactions are different in process and product; note the difference between an atomic bomb (fission) and a hydrogen bomb (fusion). Edward Teller, perhaps the greatest modern physicist not to win a Nobel Prize because of political issues, was the original proponent of fusion reactions back in the 1940s. At the time, it was his view that to get a fusion reaction going you needed a fission reaction to ignite it (at the heart of a hydrogen bomb is an atomic bomb); in other words HUGE ENERGY is needed to start it. Since the 1940s, physicists have been trying to create a fusion reaction that is self sustaining because of the obvious benefits. The fuel is not Uranium (radioactive and rare to amass in bulk), but Hydrogen (the most plentiful element in the galaxy, and otherwise benign). The biproduct of hydrogen fusion is Helium (not quite as plentiful, but an inert Nobel Gas).

There are a number of other Fusion Reaction experiments (i.e., Tokomak reactors) that have been going on around the country/world for years. Whether this discovery will enhance the progress using those methods or not I can't say.

Remember Cold Fusion (the hoax)? Huge hubbub at the time around that because the implications were staggering.

Larry
    DevilHorse