Page 46 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Man gets gored by bison in rare attack at Utah state park. Two months later man takes date to same Utah state park. Date also gets gored by bison.

Preacher speaking in tongues and communing with God takes a couple moments to check his cell phone. Bwahahahahahahaha!

https://twitter.com/nuns_on_film/sta...65695151239175
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

High school football player gets first interception, then runs the wrong way and has to be tackled by a teammate...

https://deadspin.com/high-school-foo...e-r-1839010029
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    High school football player gets first interception, then runs the wrong way and has to be tackled by a teammate...

That was hilarious.

Maybe we need to add this to the Best Athlete Names thread. The teammate that made the tackle: Kha'Ron Thrower

Okay, this is totally juvenile of me to link to this article about Conor McGregor’s comeback (and I’m not a UFC fan in the least), but it was just too funny not to do it. Plenty of very salty language. So beware. But I just can’t stop laughing.

https://amp.tmz.com/2019/10/24/conor...bib-nate-diaz/
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Okay, this is totally juvenile of me to link to this article about Conor McGregor’s comeback (and I’m not a UFC fan in the least), but it was just too funny not to do it. Plenty of very salty language. So beware. But I just can’t stop laughing.

Sorry, that belongs in the "Did You Smell That?" thread!

At least I hope he didn't "see that!"

Well the link worked me back to a basketball topic...
    https://www.masslive.com/celtics/201...to-return.html

Someone needs to lose their job over this.

This week the University of Missouri of Athletics Department attempted to celebrate diversity but instead ended up being a brilliant example of what not to do.

According to The Riverfront Times, on Wednesday afternoon a tweet was posted with the intention of uplifting people of various backgrounds, and specifically gave a nod to student athletes with the tagline, “more than a student athlete.”

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Someone needs to lose their job over this.
    Just WOW! How could this ever have been done? How did it ever get released?

Even I can't think of a BS story that would explain it.

If someone in the PR department can smooth this over, he or she has a job in Presidential politics TOMORROW.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Just WOW! How could this ever have been done? How did it ever get released?

Even I can't think of a BS story that would explain it.

If someone in the PR department can smooth this over, he or she has a job in Presidential politics TOMORROW.
    And if not, at least one person may be looking for a job.

Nothing to see here... but this story is too good not to share.

https://abc7chicago.com/ind-woman-fo...-neck/5662232/

Police are investigating the death of a woman found Wednesday with a snake wrapped around her neck in western Indiana.

Troopers responded about 8:50 p.m. to a home and found a 36-year-old woman inside unresponsive with an 8-feet-long reticulated python snake around her neck
    "Ok Jason... so she got strangled. I guess that is kinda unusual but is it really worthy of this thread?"

About 140 snakes are kept inside the home, and 20 of them belonged to the woman who died.

Nobody lives at the home, which is built specifically for housing reptiles.

"The owner is a snake guy," Riley said, adding that the owner isn't related to the woman.

Snakes... why did it have to be snake?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nothing to see here... but this story is too good not to share.

https://abc7chicago.com/ind-woman-fo...-neck/5662232/

"Ok Jason... so she got strangled. I guess that is kinda unusual but is it really worthy of this thread?"

Snakes... why did it have to be snake?
    For a story from western Indiana, I continued to wait for the punchline that the woman's last name was Jones. But alas.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    For a story from western Indiana, I continued to wait for the punchline that the woman's last name was Jones. But alas.
    Western Indiana or western India?

Jenga master...

Meet Narwhal, the puppy with a tail growing out of his head.

On a side note, there's a lot of fun to be had explaining to someone who has never heard of a Narwhal, exactly what a Narwhall is. "What, you've never seen the Sea Unicorns?!?!" They think you're full of it, and maybe you are, but not about this. Not a bad idea to make a bet before revealing the truth. Usually their delight over seeing a Narwhal overshadows any pie they may have just lost.

To the delight of every Breaking Bad fan in America, two Arkansas chemistry professors have been arrested for making meth.

gotta see if I can come up with a picture of something that happened 4 miles from here last evening...on top of Mt Mansfield, highest peak in the state, there is a TV atenna/transmitter facility on which millions of dollars were spent this summer, upgrading/automating so no one has to reside at the transmitter 24/7 (there's a nice little house up there). Upgrades involved helicoptering in large antenna pieces, major work all summer long. It serves multiple TV stations.

Yesterday late in the afternoon, my friend who has manned this facility for 40 years was down at the station in town, when a weird reading came up on their monitoring board, so he went up to the top of the mountain (on a snowmobile) to check stuff out...was doing just that when someone knocked on the door (rarely happens in the cold months given the snow), guy at the door said "we're here to help," but my friend could only reply "about what?"
    "Well, your antenna is on fire." d'oh! BIG fire...scenic location...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    gotta see if I can come up with a picture of something that happened 4 miles from here last evening...on top of Mt Mansfield, highest peak in the state, there is a TV atenna/transmitter facility on which millions of dollars were spent this summer, upgrading/automating so no one has to reside at the transmitter 24/7 (there's a nice little house up there). Upgrades involved helicoptering in large antenna pieces, major work all summer long. It serves multiple TV stations.

Yesterday late in the afternoon, my friend who has manned this facility for 40 years was down at the station in town, when a weird reading came up on their monitoring board, so he went up to the top of the mountain (on a snowmobile) to check stuff out...was doing just that when someone knocked on the door (rarely happens in the cold months given the snow), guy at the door said "we're here to help," but my friend could only reply "about what?"
    "Well, your antenna is on fire." d'oh! BIG fire...scenic location...
    This seems to be the best image:

nice! Can't believe how much time, effort and money they put into that tower this summer only to have it go poof..where did you get the image, Jason?