Page 37 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post
    Apparently this is what happens when you steal a package from an engineer that worked on the Mars rovers.

Mark Rober is a genius and so much fun. His videos are awesome and this might be the best one!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Mark Rober is a genius and so much fun. His videos are awesome and this might be the best one!

This was the first video of his that I have seen. When I went to show it to my 9 year old daughter last night (she loves both glitter and pranks) she of course already knew who Mark Rober was and had watched several of his videos. After watching a few together, his channel is now one of my subscriptions.

This was the first video of his that I have seen. When I went to show it to my 9 year old daughter last night (she loves both glitter and pranks) she of course already knew who Mark Rober was and had watched several of his videos. After watching a few together, his channel is now one of my subscriptions.
    He does an amazing job of integrating real physics/science/engineering into crazy/fun experiments. That is what makes him so unique.

The genius of this whole thing is the fart bomb, which causes the person who stole the package to get rid of it quickly, making it easier for Rober to find it and use it again and again and again.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

He does an amazing job of integrating real physics/science/engineering into crazy/fun experiments. That is what makes him so unique.

The genius of this whole thing is the fart bomb, which causes the person who stole the package to get rid of it quickly, making it easier for Rober to find it and use it again and again and again.
    I would legitimately watch a weekly hour long show of this happening. Something along the lines of "To Catch a Predator."

… The genius of this whole thing is the fart bomb, which causes the person who stole the package to get rid of it quickly, making it easier for Rober to find it and use it again and again and again.
    It also allows him to say that he engineered the crap out of it, a favorite phrase of engineers.

Apparently this is what happens when you steal a package from an engineer that worked on the Mars rovers.

Regarding the assertion at 3:12 about centrifugal force...

Ouch. Saw a Youtube today of a boy band playing on the beach in Indonesia, happy crowd seated in front of them, then from the back of the stage, uninvited, came the tsunami. Boom, everything gone.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ouch. Saw a Youtube today of a boy band playing on the beach in Indonesia, happy crowd seated in front of them, then from the back of the stage, uninvited, came the tsunami. Boom, everything gone.
    You only need to watch the final 10 seconds or so... whew.

Woman tries to put gas in a Tesla, hilarity ensues. Please watch at least the first 2:00 because what she does is just too hysterical.

-Jason "If I was filming it, I would have gotten out to stop her before she pumped gas into the electric charging port... that could have been really ugly!" Evans

I feel like there is a honey badger joke somewhere in this video.

Watch a wild boar just plow through some dude and then come back for 2nds and 3rds before running away.

--Jason "" Evans

Ouch

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Sounds like he was ok, but...yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Sounds like he was ok, but...yikes.
    I hate it when that happens to me

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I hate it when that happens to me
    Yeah, I remember hitting my head on the backboard a couple of times too. It can be dangerous.

One time I almost fell off the ladder.

But I did finish replacing the net.

With all the high flyers in basketball these days, is any consideration given to a change in the backboard? Such as padding below the rim, or eliminating the backboard below the rim? Players would adapt. Someone could/will get seriously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    With all the high flyers in basketball these days, is any consideration given to a change in the backboard? Such as padding below the rim, or eliminating the backboard below the rim? Players would adapt. Someone could/will get seriously injured.
    That seemed pretty fluky to me. If you watch closely, the kid going for the block ends up getting inadvertently boosted up toward the backboard by the player he’s trying to block. He didn’t actually jump that high on his own. Thank god he was okay.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Note to self: Don't bet any money on a game against this guy.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah, general rule of thumb: if you see your opponent start putting wine classes or rolls of masking tape on the table, it's probably not gonna be a normal game and you shouldn't gamble.

BTW his name is Charles Lakey (aka the "inventor").

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    What about FMUs?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    I really don’t want my kids trying those sorts of shots. Too expensive to repair/recover our table...

-jk