Page 58 of 178 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3560

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Fire wall alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Fire wall alert.
    Oh shoot. I was still on my free articles for the month. Just google “jet pack man Los Angeles”, it’ll come up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkhxeU_WqI

Some fantastic POV parkour from a famous British group called Storror. Put it on as large a screen as you can and enjoy!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Some fantastic POV parkour from a famous British group called Storror. Put it on as large a screen as you can and enjoy!

insane....fun to watch, but insane...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Wow. Surely they scout their routes ahead of time. Right?

That makes me dizzy/nauseous.

Holy crap, that was amazing. Now maybe I'll be thinking twice before telling my son, "You're spending too much time playing video games. You need to go outside and play with your friends".

I almost fell out of my chair during the scenes when they were standing on building ledges - MANY stories up.

Wow. Surely they scout their routes ahead of time. Right?
    Yes. They actually very carefully plan almost all of their stunts and they are highly trained, elite athletes.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Yes. They actually very carefully plan almost all of their stunts and they are highly trained, elite athletes.
    As someone who has a fear of heights and a torn ACL, I found that video both mesmerizing and terrifying. Something tells me that I don't want to see the outtakes reel.

Definitely elite athletes. It looks unscripted but it’s like a gymnast routine almost. Just crazy.

There are a limited number of spots on that parkour team, but if you're interested, you should apply - there are bound to be openings all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    There are a limited number of spots on that parkour team, but if you're interested, you should apply - there are bound to be openings all the time!
    I’m not sure I could pull off a single one of those jumps.

I’m not sure I could pull off a single one of those jumps.
    You are not sure.

I am completely certain.

Really cool what you can do with CGI these days
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe you should watch a couple of their other videos before you draw that conclusion. The one I posted was a POV video, but they have plenty of videos showing them doing incredible things out in broad daylight with people standing around watching, and video shot from another person so you can see exactly what is being done. The POV videos are obtained by having one of them hold a GoPro in his mouth with a device designed for that. Also one of the guys has been on Ninja Warrior in the UK and has demonstrated leaping skills that look impossible in front of crowds of onlookers.

They also show themselves failing many things they attempt, and then figuring out how to do it better in order to eventually succeed. Sometimes one or more of them fail a challenge entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe you should watch a couple of their other videos before you draw that conclusion. The one I posted was a POV video, but they have plenty of videos showing them doing incredible things out in broad daylight with people standing around watching. Also one of the guys has been on Ninja Warrior in the UK and has demonstrated leaping skills that look impossible in front of crowds of onlookers.
    I should've added a or to my post. It was meant to be sarcastic. I have no doubt it's real.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

This is hilarious.

~rthomas

That had me going for a minute. I thought, "If this guy is for real, Southwest needs to hire him away. Scratch that - SNL does!"

Thinking flight attendants are going to start keeping big rolls of duct tape on every flight.