Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Teslas and other electric vehicles

got my order in for a 3 last week...excited...

i did not get the over-priced "sport wheels"...i'll take the stock ones and buy some actual cool rims...

tell me your good and bad...
    Last edited by Bob Green; 05-21-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    got my order in for a 3 last week...excited...

i did not get the over-priced "sport wheels"...i'll take the stock ones and buy some actual cool rims...

tell me your good and bad...
    We were considering buying one, but opted not to for now. We'll likely be buying another car in about four years, and at that point we'll probably switch to full electric. We'll see if Tesla is still a class leader at that point. I'd love to hear about your experiences (and those of others, if any) in the meantime, though.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The one I was gonna buy got carjacked and lost in space.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Following...

Not a current owner (too busy paying my kids college tuition) but hope to be one day. I'm car shopping for my youngest but one of my Autotrader searches for Model 3 Performance

I want to know how you'll occupy yourself in the back set while the car is driving itself.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I want to know how you'll occupy yourself in the back set while the car is driving itself.
    funny that...i did NOT opt for the full self-driving mode...if i'm paying this much money for a car, which in part, is because of it's performance and quality, i'm driving that sucker myself...that's WHY i'm buying the car...

it actually comes stock with the highway auto-drive...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I have too much range anxiety to go all electric right now. We like to take trips as a family and my kids couldn’t handle the charging stops. Perhaps when they are a bit older I’ll spring for the electric F-150 that was just announced.

Someone please fix the thread title. The grammar nerd in me is dying...

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I have too much range anxiety to go all electric right now. We like to take trips as a family and my kids couldn’t handle the charging stops. Perhaps when they are a bit older I’ll spring for the electric F-150 that was just announced.
    Or maybe the cyber truck but that thing is kind of ugly…

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    damn...i agonized over that and looked it up...it said "use who's" when referring to ownership or possession...did i mess that up with the "got a"??

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    damn...i agonized over that and looked it up...it said "use who's" when referring to ownership or possession...did i mess that up with the "got a"??
    Whose is possessive. "Whose Tesla is this?"

You were asking who has one. Who's got a Tesla. (Contraction.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Or maybe the cyber truck but that thing is kind of ugly…
    Yes. It’s 80s sci-fi chic.

I can’t get over the fact that the Elon Musk we see now is the early chapters of a supervillain origin story.

And I’m not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes. It’s 80s sci-fi chic.
    It’s just a drastic difference between what’s on the road now. It’s too much of a reach, IMO.

It’s just a drastic difference between what’s on the road now. It’s too much of a reach, IMO.
    I agree. Ripley battled aliens in that thing. It’s not something Karen takes her kids to the McDonald’s drive thru in.

I suppose it could sit in a car collector’s garage.

I agree. Ripley battled aliens in that thing. It’s not something Karen takes her kids to the McDonald’s drive thru in.

I suppose it could sit in a car collector’s garage.
    Ripley fought the OG Alien in next to nothing. I'd post a reference, but I don't know if it would be DBR friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I can’t get over the fact that the Elon Musk we see now is the early chapters of a supervillain origin story.

And I’m not kidding.
    Well, his claims of self-driving are drawing scrutiny from various regulators. A Tesla engineer admitted in official documentation that they were only at Level 2. I follow automation closely as it has outsized impacts on my current line of employment.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-self-driving/

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post

And I’m not kidding.
    Like the kid from the incredibles?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Your wish is my command...
    Bob Green

Like the kid from the incredibles?
    Exactly