Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    4 minute video on Science in America - Neil deGrasse Tyson

~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "as an aside, Id love it if the rest of you sometimes contributed cool stuff you see to this thread...sigh" Evans
    Sorry, too busy plotting all hypothetical minute distributions for next year. Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

(That's a real cool picture, BTW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpgdHpbQuDE

Unbelievable solo acoustic guitar version of Tool's Lateralus. Wow.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 04-24-2017 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added video
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpgdHpbQuDE

Unbelievable solo acoustic guitar version of Tool's Lateralus. Wow.
    That IS unreal. From a guy who's been dabbling in trying to learn acoustic guitar, that is unfathomable. Many of those chords are stretching five frets and physically impossible for me to play. And he's ripping them off in succession like it's nothing. Wow.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Awwwwww... so cute to see kids playing with wild animals like this.

-Jason "of course, when you think about it, the bear really, really wants to eat the little girl. He's not playing peek-a-boo, he's trying to get lunch" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

You think bowling a 300 is difficult? Try doing it in less than 87 seconds. CRAZY!!!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

You think bowling a 300 is difficult? Try doing it in less than 87 seconds. CRAZY!!!

Unbelievable!

Strangely, watching his form would almost make me think he'd be lucky to bowl a 200, let a lone a 300. It's weird. But obviously effective.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

the science involved....whew...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Unbelievable!

Strangely, watching his form would almost make me think he'd be lucky to bowl a 200, let a lone a 300. It's weird. But obviously effective.
    Based on sometimes coming across bowling on ESPN on Sunday mornings, it seems that two handed bowling is become popular. There are several pros that use this technique.

Unbelievable!

Don't knock the form if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Based on sometimes coming across bowling on ESPN on Sunday mornings, it seems that two handed bowling is become popular. There are several pros that use this technique.
    As long as they don't do it Saturday. I don't roll on Shabbos.

On ten different lanes with ten different balls?

Simply amazing video of a guy who has engineered a dart board that allows you to hit the bullseye every single time!! While it is fun to look at and chuckle, he spends some time explaining how this engineering marvel was accomplished and it is truly fascinating. Every kid attending college and even thinking about the sciences should watch this video!

Simply amazing video of a guy who has engineered a dart board that allows you to hit the bullseye every single time!! While it is fun to look at and chuckle, he spends some time explaining how this engineering marvel was accomplished and it is truly fascinating. Every kid attending college and even thinking about the sciences should watch this video!

Mark Rober has some fantastic videos. I subscribe to his channel. He's a former NASA engineer.

Everyone needs to be good at something, right?

Well, this guy is the best in the world at the detachable thumb trick. Prepare to be wowed!

http://digg.com/video/detachable-finger-trick

I liked Late Show opening graphic.

Singler's "Buckets!" cameo was fun!

-jk

"Honey, wake up. I think some animal is on the porch."
    "Hmmm, all I see are some eyes. Let me turn on the lights and maybe I can see better... Holy #!^@^!^!!~"

"Did that airplane just run the red light?"

When mountain biking, always be on the lookout for low-hanging branches or rocks in your path or a bear that wants to make you into his lunch.

Hubble