Page 40 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Big spider.
    University of Michigan, huh? Meh, I'd be more impressed (and pleased) if that spider was dragging around Iggy Brazdeikis.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

How's your pitch? Can you identify which recording is digital and which is analog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uub0z8wJfhU
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 03-11-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: But this could be a bit of showmanship as I've seen similar videos with classical pianists

Well, now I am sick to my stomach after watching someone called Dr. Pimple Popper extract a glob about the size of a softball from some dude's shoulder. Holy !#$#U&@^&#
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, now I am sick to my stomach after watching someone called Dr. Pimple Popper extract a glob about the size of a softball from some dude's shoulder. Holy !#$#U&@^&#
    Pass.

You think your commute is bad... try being on China's national highway when it goes from 50 lanes down to 20. Merger migraine!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

You think your commute is bad... try being on China's national highway when it goes from 50 lanes down to 20. Merger migraine!

This is what customs is going to look like in the U.K. after Brexit.

Check out this Viking Sky cruise ship stranded off the coast of Norway. Lots of video from passengers inside and spectators on shore. Helicopters called into to airlift passengers 10-15 at a time with nearly 1,000 on board.

Coincidentally, I'm reading a book about a guy that recreates some of Captain Cook's voyages while also providing history of the original voyages. Boy, if those guys knew that a few hundred years later people would do what they were doing for leisure...I just got to the part where Captain Cook returned to England for the first time and was thrilled he only lost about a third of his original crew while out to sea for 1,000 days.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. A lot of folks don't realize that many maps are extremely misleading. One of the first times I realized that adults could be full of crap was due to maps. I was 6 or 7 and my day care class had a big map of the United States up on the wall. The teachers did a little quiz for treats with the kids that involved several questions about the map, including "what is the largest U.S. state?" I wrote Alaska (my favorite Aunt lived in Bethel and I'd already visited). Everyone else wrote Texas because it was the largest on the map. Everyone but me was awarded points despite my protests that Alaska was actually the largest. All three adult teachers - ALL THREE - told my six-year old a**, "No, look at the map, Texas is obviously the largest. What's wrong with you?"

It's really tough as a young kid to have adults telling you something you believe/know is wrong but I'm proud to say, even at 7, a part of me was thinking, "these people are full of crap." It's a disposition that's served me well over the years.

The J&M Express

Did any of you see this article about a school-bus-to-tiny-house conversion done by a former Duke baseball player (Jack Labosky, current minor leaguer with the Rays)?

Here's the ESPN article on it:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...and-living-bus

and the instagram feed, progress of the conversion.

https://www.instagram.com/thegreatbusadventure/

Amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Did any of you see this article about a school-bus-to-tiny-house conversion done by a former Duke baseball player (Jack Labosky, current minor leaguer with the Rays)?

Here's the ESPN article on it:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...and-living-bus

and the instagram feed, progress of the conversion.

https://www.instagram.com/thegreatbusadventure/

Amazing work.
    The juxtaposition of stories by ESPN is amusing. Labosky renovates a school bus for he and his girlfriend to live in because he makes $5,000 a year.

The next story tells of Justin Verlander signing a 2 year $66 million contract.

The Hornets hit an amazing buzzer-beater to stay in the playoff race:
    https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/sta...74632667508737

Disgusting, horrible, stomach-churning video of a father and son murdering a black bear and her cubs. The bear was hibernating and was not even awake, let alone able to defend herself against these wretched human beings. As you can see in the video, they are clearly aware they are doing something wrong and they even return to the scene of the crime a couple days later to clean up their evidence.

I publish this here not for all of you to enjoy the salacious video, but in the hope some of you will go this page and express your outrage by supporting the Humane Society or writing to your congressperson.

Disgusting, horrible, stomach-churning video of a father and son murdering a black bear and her cubs. The bear was hibernating and was not even awake, let alone able to defend herself against these wretched human beings. As you can see in the video, they are clearly aware they are doing something wrong and they even return to the scene of the crime a couple days later to clean up their evidence.

I publish this here not for all of you to enjoy the salacious video, but in the hope some of you will go this page and express your outrage by supporting the Humane Society or writing to your congressperson.

I remember this story when it broke around this time last year. As Jason's link notes, the father and son were rightly punished for breaking federal hunting regulations. It's also extremely jarring to see these men acting so cavalierly about something as serious as killing an animal.

As for how or even whether we should express our outrage, I'd encourage everyone to read more about the regulations in question. You can find more information with a quick google search but here's an article that I believe fairly describes the arguments on both sides of this issue. For what it's worth, there's a good argument to be make that killing a sleeping animal or baiting isn't sporting, but when hunting for food I don't see a meaningful moral difference. How sporting is it to herd Angus steer into a processing chute and kill them with a bolt gun? For those of you who are vegetarian or vegan, I honestly admire your moral consistency. Those of us who buy meat in a grocery store might think about our own complicity before asking congress to regulate hunting in a far away state whose way of life we barely understand.

"Oooh, look at that cool glacier collapsing into the water..."
    "Oh, @$@!&@^&, here comes a tsunami!!"

The world's greatest movie extra! You must see this guy's reel. Hysterical!!

http://digg.com/video/extra-compilat...medium=website

I dont have a picture of the explosion. But a small Ryder type truck exploded at work today.the driver was alive and went to hospital.im guessing welding gas tank ignited. That's what was left.

q50 0 60

The Matrix is real!!!

And Astros pitcher Colin McHugh just proved it by bending out of the way of a bullet in a way that would make Neo proud.

Skateboarder hurtles through the air, lands on unsuspecting dude. Much pain ensues.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNXDQUF...on_share_sheet