St. Augustine, FL

I’m getting ready to spend 4 days in St. Augustine. I’ve never been to that part of Florida. Does anybody have any restaurant recommendations? Thanks!

I’ve never been, but it’s an old city! I’d be interested in what is there from a historic perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ve never been, but it’s an old city! I’d be interested in what is there from a historic perspective.
    Strongly agree! The architecture appears amazing.

I’m actually going to see 3 concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’m getting ready to spend 4 days in St. Augustine. I’ve never been to that part of Florida. Does anybody have any restaurant recommendations? Thanks!
    Say hi to Ponce de Leon and his “fountain of youth”. But don’t linger there. I think there is an alligator farm too - there was in 1964, anyway. Didn’t see it in 2021 when we went for an afternoon.

We didn’t eat there so I don’t know of any restaurants.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The fort is interesting but most of the place is a creation for tourists.

we wandered around, had a decent meal, but I don't see four days worth of stuff to do there. But do check out Flagler College, some interesting stuff.

Golf Hall of Fame is a great visit if you are interested in golf history.

At least one cool alligator farm nearby. I’ll second the fort recommendation.

We spent a week there about 15 yrs ago, and stayed on the coast right across from St As. Caps On the Water was the spot we liked best.

https://www.timeout.com/st-augustine...n-st-augustine

Good start here. Been to a few. I love Columbia, but this one isn't as good as the Tampa location. Still very good. I think the casual places on the list are better than the more expensive options. Prohibition is good. Burrito Works is very good. Haven't eaten at Brisky, but I definitely would...as long as they're cooking with wood. If they aren't cooking with wood they are absolute monsters and should be shunned.

The fort is worth visiting.

Lots of cheesy tourist traps there to avoid.

Beaches are plentiful. As are outlet malls.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

Good start here. Been to a few. I love Columbia, but this one isn't as good as the Tampa location. Still very good. I think the casual places on the list are better than the more expensive options. Prohibition is good. Burrito Works is very good. Haven't eaten at Brisky, but I definitely would...as long as they're cooking with wood. If they aren't cooking with wood they are absolute monsters and should be shunned.
    Wow. I went to the Columbia in Sarasota in February, 1992 and for some reason still remember that meal - it was a great place for lunch. I hadn't thought about that in a long time.

As one of the long-time Floridians on the board, I'll tell you there really isn't 4 days worth of stuff to see in St Augustine proper. But most of "okay" stuff has been mentioned.

Alligator Farm has been there a long time and is neat.

The Fort is a must.

The Old Historic District is small, but entertaining if you take your time.

Fountain of Youth is kinda a must (but don't drink the water - it's nasty)

Some okay beaches around

Flagler College

Not any fabulous restaurants that I'm aware of.

St Augustine is a nice place to just get away and relax. No need to be hectic or on any kind of schedule. It's pretty compact.

Thanks, I've got plenty to do. I’m going to see Billy Strings, for his three nights, at St. Augustine Amphitheatre.

Please keep the restaurant recommendations coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

Much thanks! I’ll definitely eat at Columbia.