Page 97 of 181 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3609
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Another one...

https://twitter.com/AwardsDarwin_/st...82789059809281
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Famous last words: "Hey y'all! Watch this!"

I love fireworks as much as the next guy but, yeah, they're basically fancy little miniature bombs we all get drunk and shoot into the air.

I've seen a couple of graphs like the one mid-way down the page in the study below charting time on the x-axis and firework injuries on the y-axis. No surprise what happens in early July every year...

https://injepijournal.biomedcentral...21-021-00358-2

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I love fireworks as much as the next guy but, yeah, they're basically fancy little miniature bombs we all get drunk and shoot into the air.
    Not all of us...

high school chum drove around one evening with pals (not me) tossing cherry bombs out the window until he "tossed" one with the window closed. Cost him approximately 1.5 fingers.

I have a distant cousin (not distant enough) who missed his rehearsal dinner b/c he blew off his index finger with a firecracker/cherry bomb/etc during his bachelor party. Was totally drugged up with pain pills during the ceremony. I learned recently that he is also an anti-COVID vaxxer, so . . . Stupid is as stupid does.

Oh! And he was also in the military, and he blew off his trigger finger! Briliiant!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Oh! And he was also in the military, and he blew off his trigger finger! Briliiant!
    Be Less Than You Can Be?

I have a distant cousin (not distant enough) who missed his rehearsal dinner b/c he blew off his index finger with a firecracker/cherry bomb/etc during his bachelor party. Was totally drugged up with pain pills during the ceremony. I learned recently that he is also an anti-COVID vaxxer, so . . . Stupid is as stupid does.

Sounds like him not being able to shoot a gun might be for the benefit of society.

The football player Jason Pierre-Paul did some serious damage to his hand with fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not all of us...
    Ok, not literally….

No casualties but plenty stupid and closer DNA- As a teenager my brother got arrested and hauled to jail after he and his friends set off a bottle rocket inside a ZZ Top concert one New Year’s night. Got a year of probation for criminal mischief and a fire code violation.

If you took French in high school, like me, this video is a must see!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    No casualties but plenty stupid and closer DNA- As a teenager my brother got arrested and hauled to jail after he and his friends set off a bottle rocket inside a ZZ Top concert one New Year’s night. Got a year of probation for criminal mischief and a fire code violation.
    With the highly flammable beards on those guys, your brother is lucky he didn’t get attempted murder!

If you took French in high school, like me, this video is a must see!!
    Sounds about right. I spent fall of my junior year in France and that is pretty much what everything they say over there sounds like!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

I've seen a couple of graphs like the one mid-way down the page in the study below charting time on the x-axis and firework injuries on the y-axis. No surprise what happens in early July every year...

https://injepijournal.biomedcentral...21-021-00358-2
    How did we survive lol.we would put paneling nails in the end of bottle rockets .then get pvc tubing to shoot them accurately and have a flat out war.

We caught a guy's pompass grass on 🔥
    One time .man the beating I got from that is what legends are made of..

I look down the street my best friends dad has him in front of the guys house.

In the street in his tightly whites by one arm beating the underwear off him literally.
    Those were some good times.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    How did we survive lol.we would put paneling nails in the end of bottle rockets .then get pvc tubing to shoot them accurately and have a flat out war.

We caught a guy's pompass grass on 🔥
    One time .man the beating I got from that is what legends are made of..

I look down the street my best friends dad has him in front of the guys house.

In the street in his tightly whites by one arm beating the underwear off him literally.
    Those were some good times.
    We used to do the same thing with bottle rockets and PVC pipe (without the nails - that's crazy). One day my brother and I are in the middle of the road shooting them at each other and a police car turns the corner. The bottle rocket flies right by me and hits the cop car in the windshield. Cop pulls up to us and tells us to be careful. haha. Small town living...

I wanna meet that guy or girl.

But maybe not until two days later.

Honestly, sometimes you gotta insist you can handle Asian cuisine spice. I’ve been doubted too many times.

And the rockets red glare
    Bombs bursting the mini van’s spare
    Gave proof through the night
    That the lawn chair was still there
    Oh say, does that scar-mangled finger yet wave
    O’er the land of doctor’s fees
    And the home the firemen saved

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    And the rockets red glare
    Bombs bursting the mini van’s spare
    Gave proof through the night
    That the lawn chair was still there
    Oh say, does that scar-mangled finger yet wave
    O’er the land of doctor’s fees
    And the home the firemen saved
    Nice. Let's put our entire cache of fireworks somewhere safe. I know over next to the car, as close to the gas tank as possible.