Page 66 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3558
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I don’t know what I was expecting to see, but not that.

Here I quote Family Guy: “D*** nature, you scary!”

WTH?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    WTH?
    It seems like a harsh way to kick them out of the nest.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It seems like a harsh way to kick them out of the nest.
    The little guy wasn't pushed, he jumped. I've seen films of other birds (ducks) jumping out of very tall trees, and they, too, reached a terminal velocity that certainly wasn't terminal. On the other hand, they were landing on a forest floor, not whacking solid rock and careering head-over-heels down the remaining mountainside. I've never seen a bird do that. That was pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The little guy wasn't pushed, he jumped. I've seen films of other birds (ducks) jumping out of very tall trees, and they, too, reached a terminal velocity that certainly wasn't terminal. On the other hand, they were landing on a forest floor, not whacking solid rock and careering head-over-heels down the remaining mountainside. I've never seen a bird do that. That was pretty impressive.
    It's a good thing kids of all sorts are made of rubber.

-jk

I know they weren't physically pushed but something made them leave the nest. I wonder if there is a optimum time to make the leap? Are younger chicks more able to survive hitting the cliff as they fall? Would older chicks have more use of their wings to help? I flinched everytime a the chick hit the cliff/rocks. Almost didn't watch to the end because it bothered me to watch the chick bouncing off the rocks. Decided no one would have filmed and share this if at least one check survived. Was really happy to see the 3rd little guy rejoin the family.

I watched with no sound, just subtitles, so I may have missed it. Did they ever give the height of the nest?

I know they weren't physically pushed but something made them leave the nest.
    I believe that was mom and pop honking at them from the cliff bottom where they waited for the younguns to bounce to a stop. I don't recall a height mentioned in the clip, but I admit that I was not super attentive to detail. By the way, I loved the way the chicks used their short, downy wing stubs and big webbed feet to balance their descent and slow their fall. They're expert skydivers before they are even fledged.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Alex Murdaugh was re-arrested today on new charges related to the settlement money from his housekeeper's death.
    https://www.live5news.com/2021/10/14...h-housekeeper/
    Interesting comments from the Assistant AG regarding Murdaugh, who was denied bond today.

Tip of the iceberg…

“Murdaugh is a danger… A man who is a danger to himself is a danger to others,” Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters said at the Tuesday bond hearing in Richland County Court. “This is the tip of the iceberg. There is far more we will reveal soon.”

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interesting comments from the Assistant AG regarding Murdaugh, who was denied bond today.

Tip of the iceberg…

“Murdaugh is a danger… A man who is a danger to himself is a danger to others,” Assistant Attorney General Creighton Waters said at the Tuesday bond hearing in Richland County Court. “This is the tip of the iceberg. There is far more we will reveal soon.”
    Oh my!! This deserves a sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Oh my!! This deserves a sound effect.

Oh, I’m sure this case will serve as inspiration for a LOT of television, real and fictional. My guess is pitched and rights discussions are already underway.

Wealthy corrupt murderous drug addicted southerners…a Netflix VP of Content’s dream!

I believe that was mom and pop honking at them from the cliff bottom where they waited for the younguns to bounce to a stop. I don't recall a height mentioned in the clip, but I admit that I was not super attentive to detail. By the way, I loved the way the chicks used their short, downy wing stubs and big webbed feet to balance their descent and slow their fall. They're expert skydivers before they are even fledged.
    That was brutal!

Tip of the iceberg…

He's probably going to try to drag a few people down with him. I'd guess .misery loves company .

Should be interesting to see how many rumors of shady deals and things are actually true or not.

Let’s leave the political stuff aside and just focus on the creepiness of Rudy Giuliani using an Abraham Lincoln Snapchat filter. (Shudders…)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giul...205508492.html

Let’s leave the political stuff aside and just focus on the creepiness of Rudy Giuliani using an Abraham Lincoln Snapchat filter. (Shudders…)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giul...205508492.html
    It's apolitical, isn't it, to thank Rudy for one of the most hilarious moments in the recorded annals of political demagoguery? When he showed up at the Four Seasons Lawn & Garden center...as they say you just can't make that stuff up. He deserves an emmy if not his own sitcom for that one.

I see more "Mad Hatter" than Lincoln in the likeness, it's a timeless rendition nonetheless.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 10-20-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    It's apolitical, isn't it, to thank Rudy for one of the most hilarious moments in the recorded annals of political demagoguery? When he showed up at the Four Seasons Lawn & Garden center...as they say you just can't make that stuff up. He deserves an emmy if not his own sitcom for that one.
    "Make America Rake Again - Four Seasons Lawn and Garden Center" was a T-Shirt I just could not pass up. I hope they made serious bank on those.

Giuliani himself deserves nothing except contemptuous scorn.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

I see more "Mad Hatter" than Lincoln in the likeness, it's a timeless rendition nonetheless.
    I see if one of the Planet of the Apes apes shaved its face.

Toddler says, "Hold my sippy cup".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/ch...all/index.html

I see if one of the Planet of the Apes apes shaved its face.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that similarity.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that similarity.
    Great minds, DinK. Great minds…

The funniest thing I've read today is this Twitter thread about milk. (Click the link to see almond milk and half and half also explained.) Some of it:

the hype @TheHyyyype

whole milk is 100% milk. 2% milk is 2% milk and 98% also milk. skim milk is 0% milk but somehow also 100% milk. hope this helps

8:05 AM · Oct 21, 2021

the hype @TheHyyyype

people don't want to retweet this because they are afraid of Big Milk

8:14 AM · Oct 21, 2021

the hype @TheHyyyype

pretty cool that i've set the twitter record for most instances of the word "milk" in one post

11:19 AM · Oct 21, 2021

the hype @TheHyyyype

follow me for more milk content

the hype @TheHyyyype · Jul 18, 2017

If you wash cheese with antibacterial soap, it turns back into milk.
    2:43 PM · Oct 21, 2021

Snek Dev™ @nukehead

Is full fat milk milk or fat?

8:05 AM · Oct 21, 2021

the hype @TheHyyyype

yes

8:08 AM · Oct 21, 2021

Snek Dev™ @nukehead

thank you for clarifying xx

8:08 AM · Oct 21, 2021

Pumpkin Spice Mines of Kessel @fleurdeseltzer

No, that's ghee