Page 51 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3557
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Here's the highest resolution photo of the sun ever taken and here is a commercial for an actual product called The Trumpy Bear* that just aired on my hotel TV. I believe the two are connected.

*This product is NOT connected to the campaign, just some random company's attempt to capitalize on the current president. I don't share it as a political statement, my wife and I just couldn't believe the commercial was for a real thing.
    I can't tell if it's real, or if we are being punked. I'm also not sure how many of the people in the commercial were serious, and how many thought it was an elaborate joke.

It boggles the mind.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

From 4 hippos to 100 in 27 years. Sounds like there's a new game : "Busy, Busy Hippos."

"It's expensive and dangerous to move or castrate them"

That has got to be the understatement of the year to date. Particularly when the hippos seem so fond of using those parts ...

A kid who solves Rubik's Cubes while he juggles them...and I guess others do, too, because he's trying to break a time record here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Qbwz0Uik8

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    A kid who solves Rubik's Cubes while he juggles them...and I guess others do, too, because he's trying to break a time record here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Qbwz0Uik8
    I feel so inadequate.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

What is more difficult:

Solving Rubik Cube while juggling, or

Finding the starting point on two-ply toilet paper, or

Folding fitted sheets

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I can't tell if it's real, or if we are being punked. I'm also not sure how many of the people in the commercial were serious, and how many thought it was an elaborate joke.

It boggles the mind.
    It's apparently been around a few years but my wife and I saw it advertised a few weeks ago for the first time and had the same reaction. It was on a network ad, in the middle of two other real ads so we didn't know what to think. According to this 2018 Wired article, it's 100% real --- excerpt below. T

The company that holds Trumpy Bear’s copyright is Exceptional Products, a Texas marketing company also responsible for as-seen-on-TV products like Plaque Attack, HairDini, and Save A Blade. However, Trumpy Bear was created by VL Lange of Reel Vision, but so far, nobody has been able to ferret out any real information about Lange or her company. (Lange has not responded to a request for comment.) In a “vision statement,” Exceptional Products passed along to Snopes, Lange says that the creature comes from a desire to update the teddy bear (named after President Theodore Roosevelt) and affirms that the product is “not a joke.”

Trumpy Bear isn’t a joke to Exceptional Products, either. “Our target audience is anyone who is willing to pick up the phone or click,” says Elliott Brackett, vice president of Exceptional Products. “Some of our customers want to buy it to keep it, and others want to buy it to burn it.” The company's future plans for Trumpy Bear are simple: To keep selling it for as long as possible, though Brackett doubts that it will ever hit the shelves of your local retailer. “Some products, like the Obama Chia Pet, are seen as too political,” he says. “But to us, it truly is just a product we market and want to succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    What is more difficult:

Folding fitted sheets
    Trying to get your USB connected correctly on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Made me laugh. Well done, fellas.

It's apparently been around a few years but my wife and I saw it advertised a few weeks ago for the first time and had the same reaction. It was on a network ad, in the middle of two other real ads so we didn't know what to think. According to this 2018 Wired article, it's 100% real --- excerpt below. T

The company that holds Trumpy Bear’s copyright is Exceptional Products, a Texas marketing company also responsible for as-seen-on-TV products like Plaque Attack, HairDini, and Save A Blade. However, Trumpy Bear was created by VL Lange of Reel Vision, but so far, nobody has been able to ferret out any real information about Lange or her company. (Lange has not responded to a request for comment.) In a “vision statement,” Exceptional Products passed along to Snopes, Lange says that the creature comes from a desire to update the teddy bear (named after President Theodore Roosevelt) and affirms that the product is “not a joke.”

Trumpy Bear isn’t a joke to Exceptional Products, either. “Our target audience is anyone who is willing to pick up the phone or click,” says Elliott Brackett, vice president of Exceptional Products. “Some of our customers want to buy it to keep it, and others want to buy it to burn it.” The company's future plans for Trumpy Bear are simple: To keep selling it for as long as possible, though Brackett doubts that it will ever hit the shelves of your local retailer. “Some products, like the Obama Chia Pet, are seen as too political,” he says. “But to us, it truly is just a product we market and want to succeed.”
    I thought it was a joke because the guy on the bike said "I'm a "former" Marine". Well, there are no former Marines.

He then immediately says, "once a marine always a marine."

So...which is it dude? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post

A meet or a tournament is not the right place for that. I hope they get what they apparently want, out of competitive sports. At least their thumbs will be strong and nimble.

But their parents will sue to keep them on the teams and collect their participation trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    What is more difficult:

Folding fitted sheets
    Definitely folding fitted sheets. Solving a Rubik's cube while juggling is a piece of cake in comparison.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Definitely folding fitted sheets. Solving a Rubik's cube while juggling is a piece of cake in comparison.
    It is like asking: "what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?"

"It's a bs question."

" 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64."

Fitted sheets cannot be folded.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It is like asking: "what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?"

"It's a bs question."

" 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64."

Fitted sheets cannot be folded NEATLY.
    FIFY

Parent of the year...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Check out this article about Alex Rodriguez's golf bag when he showed up to Tiger's celebrity event this weekend. The man is filthy wealthy and could have any set of clubs on the planet but yet his bag is filled with what appears to be clubs bought at random from the local play it again sports store! 4 four irons - an eight iron with the plastic still on it - a putter shaped like a baseball bat - an illegal driver with the wrong headcover on it - an old school Mizuno blade 2-iron - and 7 total brands represented in one bag! Yowza
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Check out this article about Alex Rodriguez's golf bag when he showed up to Tiger's celebrity event this weekend. The man is filthy wealthy and could have any set of clubs on the planet but yet his bag is filled with what appears to be clubs bought at random from the local play it again sports store! 4 four irons - an eight iron with the plastic still on it - a putter shaped like a baseball bat - an illegal driver with the wrong headcover on it - an old school Mizuno blade 2-iron - and 7 total brands represented in one bag! Yowza
    What manufacturer wouldn't have a set of clubs fitted for him on the spot just to have his caddy carry around a bag with their logo? is Tiger still Nike? I'm certain they would have people on site that could fit clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    What manufacturer wouldn't have a set of clubs fitted for him on the spot just to have his caddy carry around a bag with their logo? is Tiger still Nike? I'm certain they would have people on site that could fit clubs.
    Nike is out of the club business.

Awesome take down of bad guy with a Walmart buggy!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1227389384955174912
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Awesome take down of bad guy with a Walmart buggy!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1227389384955174912
    Not all heroes where capes.