Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2024 PGA Tour Season

The Shriners Children’s Open is going on at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas.

Pulling for Lanto Griffin from VCU to get his 2nd career PGA Tour win today. He’s -15 and T1 along with Adam Hadwin and Tom Kim, and Taylor Pendrith is 1 shot back at -14. Each player should come away with a good pay today at the very least.
    Last edited by CameronDuke; 10-15-2023 at 12:27 PM.

There is no 2023-2024 PGA Tour Season.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    There is no 2023-2024 PGA Tour Season.
    There isn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    There isn’t?
    It's just 2024. They went back to a calendar year, cut some tournaments and added a few that will be concurrent. So some weeks there will be two PGA events at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    It's just 2024. They went back to a calendar year, cut some tournaments and added a few that will be concurrent. So some weeks there will be two PGA events at the same time.
    Oh .

A loaded field has been unveiled for the Hero World Challenge with one open spot to be announced at a later date, potentially being reserved for host Tiger Woods.

Scottie Scheffler (1), USA
    Viktor Hovland (4), Norway
    Patrick Cantlay (5) USA
    Xander Schauffele (6), USA
    Max Homa (7), USA
    Matt Fitzpatrick (8), England
    Brian Harman (9), USA
    Wyndham Clark (10), USA
    Jordan Spieth (12), USA
    Cameron Young (17), USA
    Keegan Bradley (18), USA
    Collin Morikawa (19), USA
    Tony Finau (20), USA
    Sam Burns (21), USA
    Jason Day (22), Australia
    Sepp Straka (23), Austria
    Will Zalatoris (24), USA
    Rickie Fowler, USA, tournament exemption
    Justin Thomas, USA, tournament exemption

Would be huge if Tiger could play in this. He’s the host and the weather would be warm in the Bahamas. Would be a good test for his newly surgically repaired ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Technically, Tom Kim just won the same event twice in the same season

Duke’s Adam Long breaks 30-year-plus PGA Tour record in Bermuda

Adam Long is a new record holder on the PGA Tour.

After his perfect driving-accuracy showing last week in Cabo, Long continued his precise ways off the tee Thursday at the Butterfield Bermuda Championship. When he hit the fairway on Port Royal’s second hole, it marked Long’s 60th straight fairway hit and pushed him past Brian Claar’s PGA Tour record of 59 consecutive fairways hit.

Long’s impressive run dates to the penultimate hole of his final round at the Shriners Children’s Open and includes a 56-for-56 performance at the World Wide Technology Championship, the first 100% driving tournament since Claar at the 1992 Memorial Tournament.

Long hit all seven of his fairways on the front nine Thursday and turned having hit each of his last 65 fairways. He extended the record to 69, before finally missing a fairway at the par-4 15th.

So happy that Villegas won, especially after such a difficult time in his life. And his acknowledgment of his daughter in his victory speech was very touching. It certainly puts things in perspective.

He will be in the field at Sea Island this week. He regularly plays this tournament and can usually be seen in the fitness center with his caddie when he isn’t on the course.

Very emotional win. He's been showing signs he might win soon.

Last win was about 10 years ago at the Wyndham in Greensboro.

Tournament host Tiger Woods just committed to playing in the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas at the end of the month (Nov 30 - Dec 3).

Tournament host Tiger Woods just committed to playing in the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas at the end of the month (Nov 30 - Dec 3).
    That's what's known as a Very Big Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's what's known as a Very Big Deal.
    Indeed. In other big news, Paul Azinger who was NBC’s lead golf analyst is not getting his contract renewed.

Indeed. In other big news, Paul Azinger who was NBC’s lead golf analyst is not getting his contract renewed.
    Zinger getting zinged

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Zinger getting zinged
    Must spread sporks.

I don't think he will be missed by very many.

Now if Morgan Pressel would stop doing the LPGA, things would be looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I don't think he will be missed by very many.

Now if Morgan Pressel would stop doing the LPGA, things would be looking up.
    I'll miss the Zinger. Most of all for what he did for his friend, Payne Stewart and also for his knowledge of the game of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'll miss the Zinger. Most of all for what he did for his friend, Payne Stewart and also for his knowledge of the game of golf.
    I will miss him too. I think he caught a lot of flak from people that didn’t care for his analysis and style. Which is fair. But I liked the analysis he provided and he seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Paige Spiranac wants the job. Ms Arnie will not be happy when I watch every NBC tourney from start to finish.
    Last edited by arnie; 11-20-2023 at 11:18 AM.

They should give the job to Paige. A rumor I heard said that they were considering Chamblee. Yikes! Azinger is miles better than Chamblee. Paige would actually be good, I think.