Page 43 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Daddy's girl goes fishing. Uh Oh!

https://www.facebook.com/TheOpenCour...6039/?sfnsn=mo

This is supposed to be Stanley.nice hops eitherway.

In a 16-inning game, the Orioles went through nine pitchers and had no one to close in the 16th, so they had center fielder Stevie Wilkerson pitch with the game on the line.

Despite throwing nothing but slow, looping pitches, Wilkerson got three outs and became the first positional player to ever record a save. He is also the first player to ever start a game and also record a save.

Not sure what to think about this.

https://wchstv.com/news/offbeat/watc...-at-restaurant
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    USA Today says a lot of folks think it is a fake. This link also has footage of frogs legs dancing around well after death when salt is poured on them: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/1837535001/
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

A story about my crazy dumb uncle (the other 6 uncles were normal and highly intelligent - hopefully I take after those six):

Crazy uncle caught a bunch of frogs. Cooked himself a bunch of frog legs. Went out the next morning to find a bunch of dismembered frogs still alive and dragging themselves around in agony in his back yard. He figured that after he cut their legs off (while they were alive), they would die. They didn’t. He promptly lost his stomach full of frog legs.

Same crazy uncle heard only the front end of the joke: “they aren’t going to make matches any longer ... they’re long enough already”. So he spent a wad of money buying matches and loaded up his house with them to corner the market.

Same crazy uncle heard about a new fashion for men called Bermuda shorts. So he went shopping, bought some shorts, and proceeded to wear them walking down Main Street...at least until the cops arrived. Seems he confused Bermuda shorts with Boxer shorts.

RIP crazy uncle Herman.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    USA Today says a lot of folks think it is a fake. This link also has footage of frogs legs dancing around well after death when salt is poured on them: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/1837535001/
    I was hoping for fake.
    ~rthomas

I wake up every morning and pray that I will be 1/10th this excited about anything that day.

Happiest dog... ever!!

https://twitter.com/TheCutePlug/stat...99993744084994
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Is there anything Danny Trejo can't do? No. No there is not.

Wild animals visiting late night talk show sets is nothing new... but add Ron Burgundy to the mix and you have a good time.

Deep Blue, considered the largest Great White on record, and two other giants were filmed near Hawaii snacking on a dead sperm whale.

Amazing.

While this may be slightly better suited to the degenerate golfer thread, this was just amazing and funny at the same time...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/rory-mcilroy-confused-the-heck-out-of-a-marshal-by-taking-a-ridiculous-line-off-the-tee/amp
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    While this may be slightly better suited to the degenerate golfer thread, this was just amazing and funny at the same time...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/rory-mcilroy-confused-the-heck-out-of-a-marshal-by-taking-a-ridiculous-line-off-the-tee/amp
    Yep, funny. John Daly used to take a ridiculous line on a par-5 at Forest Oaks in Greensboro, cutting over 100 yards off his second shot. I believe it was the 14th hole. He took a pond out of play and just went to the left of it on the dogleg left hole. Few reached the hole in two, but he had a short iron left to easily reach.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Hits it 325 with the launch angle of a 6 iron? Impressive.

I am always amazed that the pros can routinely hit through a gauntlet of live targets, and remember back to when Presidents would play in Pro-Am tournaments unable to handle that pressure. I can't imagine the body count if I tried to play with a gallery lined up ahead of my shot.

This is truly amazing... a UPS truck that does not need a driver. Watch at the 5:15 mark when it exits the highway and handles regular roads with no problems at all.

https://gizmodo.com/ups-has-been-del...-fo-1837272680
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 08-16-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is truly amazing... a UPS truck that does not need a driver. Watch at the 5:15 mark when it exits the highway and handles regular roads with no problems at all.

https://gizmodo.com/ups-has-been-del...-fo-1837272680
    This reminds me of something I thought about this weekend going up I95. What happens to local police, state troopers, traffic laywers and judges, etc. If/when autonomous cars become the norm? Wouldn't it mean the end of traffic tickets for speeding, careless driving, etc.?

Wouldn't the court house staff and clerks be cut in half?

How does drinking and driving fit in? Obviously, it would still against the law to be behind the wheel drunk, but how would the police know? What probable cause would they have to pull you over? Automated cars don't swerve and almost hit people.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    This reminds me of something I thought about this weekend going up I95. What happens to local police, state troopers, traffic laywers and judges, etc. If/when autonomous cars become the norm? Wouldn't it mean the end of traffic tickets for speeding, careless driving, etc.?

How does drinking and driving fit in? Obviously, it would still against the law to be behind the wheel drunk, but how would the police know? What probable cause would they have to pull you over? Automated cars don't swerve and almost hit people.
    The police will be needed when the cars become self aware...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post

Not to mention what does an insurance company do when a wreck does occur? Whose fault is it?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

The police will be needed when the cars become self aware...
    No the national guard will be needed. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not to mention what does an insurance company do when a wreck does occur? Whose fault is it?
    Good point. And how long before people are getting charged with hacking the automation software to make their car the only one on the road that will break the speed limit?

That could be the new "muscle car" for young people.