The Night Of (HBO's latest)

Anyone watching the latest excellent show from HBO?

The third episode of the eight-episode miniseries aired last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

Anyone watching the latest excellent show from HBO?

The third episode of the eight-episode miniseries aired last night.
    I'm one episode behind. I'm a big John Turturro fan (Miller's Crossing is one of my all time favorite movies). So far I'm totally into it, but my wife was so disturbed by the first episode that she dropped out. I've also been enjoying Vice Principals, and I tolerate Ballers for mindless entertainment, but they have a long way to go before they reach the levels of Silicon Valley and Veep.

Speaking of Veep, I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus is the best comedic actress on TV today. This past season was teriffic, and she was absolutely phenomenal in Season 5, Episode 4 ("Mother"). I highly recommend it especially in this political cycle.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

The Night Of feels like an extended, more graphic version of Law & Order (which I always enjoyed). I think the director/actors have done a good job at building suspense within the episodes. I'm interested in how it will play out.

I watched the first episode of Vice Principals and thought, meh. I like Danny McBride usually, but this the first episode was just a little too silly/stupid for my liking (which is saying a lot). I thought it was kinda confusing that both VPs were going after each other in the first episode and then all the sudden teamed up at the end (haven't seen the 2nd ep yet). I'll probably end up watching it sometime during the week but I won't be really looking forward to it.

I'm in but need to catch up due to beach week beer drinking and deck dancing. Enjoyed the first episode. The acting is superb across the board.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Episode 2, I think the silence and taut economy of acting is wonderful. Outstanding work so far.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A friend recommended this new show and I liked it so much that I watched all 3 episodes in one night. The detective reminds me of Bosch(Amazon) and with Michael K Williams (Omar The Wire, Chalky Boardwalk Empire) playing the "prison king" the show won't falter in future episodes. I am all in.

Anyone else feel like the final episode was a bit of a letdown after all the build up?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Yes I felt like something was missing from the end, but I'm not really sure what it was. Maybe I was thinking we'd get a final answer about the crime instead of just Nas' verdict. I still had a lot of questions that the show didn't answer. But overall it was a very suspenseful and entertaining show. I'm looking forward to checking out Westworld in October

It almost seems like they were setting up another season, one in which they go after Evan R. Lawson, who seems to have fallen from his heyday as head of Hank Lawson Med.

Or perhaps I'm just brain dead from way too many sequels.

It began to tank when the tattoos appeared. I'm disappointed after it started out so well. In the end, it was watching sand run out of a hole in a bag.
    Turturro did a good job, mostly with his facial expressions, but everybody else seemed very "conscious" of their own acting.
    Bummer.

I kind of liked it once I realized during the last few episodes that we were not going to get the classic happy ending.
    I actually expected Naz to die in jail...things worked out fine for the cat.