Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The referee totally lost control of the Gunner/Burnley match, pretty rough. Felt bad for Burnley giving up the late goal, after equalizing.

Missed the event in Chelsea to which you refer. Hull looked good in the second half; the Chelsea counter was pretty.
    It happened fairly early. Ryan Mason fractured his skull. https://www.theguardian.com/football...aking-hospital

20th annual edition of Deloitte's "Money League"

Man U takes top spot; Leicester City breaks into the top 20 based last year's success.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/page...inkId=33810879

Enjoy

Was a little surprised that Chelsea let Ivanovic leave. He wasn't playing much and received nothing for his exit.
    Tom Mac

International interlude:

USMNT looked impotent against Serbia in our last friendly; gonna be disappointed if we drop another egg tonight against Jamaica.

Liverpool, you're killing me.

Literally. Killing. Me.

Lit. Er. A. Lly.

Lit. Er. A. Lly.
    And did my Gunners today. Simply awful. Respect him, but think Arsene needs to look in the mirror for the problem with this team...

Biggest egg of the day though goes to Crystal Palace at home, down 4-0 at half to Sunderland and never moving the needle after that. Some of the fans were showing their displeasure in less-than-positive ways. Now both tied at the he bottom, with Hull a point ahead (but still in relegation zone) due to the three taken from the Reds.

Hull's new manager seems to have made a great turn, though, hope they pull out of relegation.

Liverpool, you're killing me.
    And don't look now, but Everton(aka the original Blues) are only 6 points back.

Lukaku with 4 goals today vs Bournemouth.

Lit. Er. A. Lly.
    I still haven't recovered from that debacle. I said to my wife, after the comedy of errors to concede the corner at 41'. "We're going to give away a stupid goal here". Sure enough, poor marking and a howler by Mignolet gifted the goal. I love Jürgen, so I sure hope he figures out a way past the bus-parking relegation fodder soon. I'll take a 2-1 against Spurs at the weekend, please!

Has a Messi-led Barca team ever been beaten so comprehensively?

Andre Gomes is rapidly becoming the poster child for soccer recruiting 101: No player shall be purchased on the basis of a strong international performance.

----

On another note...Up the Reds!

YNWA,
    -JG

Tough day at Boro, but ... a year from now, Lookman chips the keeper instead of ripping it low and giving him a chance, and we come home with a richly undeserved three points.

I think Everton has dug itself too deep a hole to finish above seventh this year, but that can still be a Europa League place if both cups are won by top-five teams. And next year ...

Calling any MLS fans here? I know blazindw is a big DC United supporter...anybody else? I'm extremely excited about the upcoming inaugural game for Atlanta United, and would love to hear from fans of any other MLS sides. Maybe even create a dedicated MLS thread if there's critical mass.

Red Bull. Can't root for ANY side associated with Man City, even if it is my "home side."

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    ...Can't root for ANY side associated with Man City, even if it is my "home side."
    Plus they wear that color.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Calling any MLS fans here? I know blazindw is a big DC United supporter...anybody else? I'm extremely excited about the upcoming inaugural game for Atlanta United, and would love to hear from fans of any other MLS sides. Maybe even create a dedicated MLS thread if there's critical mass.
    I'm an Earthquakes fan having been at the first MLS game back in the Clash days as a kid.

Unfortunately, the years of being and A's and Earthquakes fan dealing with the same issues since both teams have the same owners has worn me down a bit, plus there is a local PDL team that is cool to be involved with.

All I will say after the debacle today is that Arsene must go. The time is passed for him. No heart or courage by the team. Fire. him. now.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    All I will say after the debacle today is that Arsene must go. The time is passed for him. No heart or courage by the team. Fire. him. now.
    Not sure why he did not start Alexis. But I was pulling for Liverpool so glad to see it.

Not sure why he did not start Alexis. But I was pulling for Liverpool so glad to see it.
    Rumors of a training ground bust-up. Either way, it's hard to see Arsene staying on at the season's end. Even if he does have another two year offer on the table.