Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I know we have a few Gunners fans here -- but Go Lincoln City! What a story that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I know we have a few Gunners fans here -- but Go Lincoln City! What a story that would be!
    Nothing would surprise me this year.

BTW, big rumors circulating about Juve coach at the Emirates next season. But who knows...all internet driven (from one of my teams to the other).

Thursday Night Football @ Goodison

This weekend's results make it a virtual certainty for next year.

Every team remaining in the FA Cup is in the top six. Sixth-place ManU has the EPL cup winner's spot in the Europa League in its pocket. The lead over eighth-place West Brom is seven points with ten to play.

Woo!

While everyone was preoccupied with some sort of basketball invitational or something, Atlanta United absolutely dismantled Minnesota United in the snow yesterday afternoon. AUFC set a record for goals in a game by a MLS expansion squad, and Josef Martinez became just the fourth player to record a hat trick in a team's first season in the league.
    Atlanta's attack made things look easy throughout the game, and other than a handful of hairy moments on defense, utterly dominated the run of play all day. Encouraging and exciting for us fans of the Five Stripes.

Big game for the Gunners against Stoke. Pulling for Liverpool, so pulling for the Potters. But realistically, a draw would be a good result for the home team.

Bummed that my other team (Foxes) had their penalty kick disallowed against City. Though a good call, a rare call.

Gunner fans -- Wenger, yae or nae?

Nae. Thanks for the past but time to move on in my view.

Team needs fresh thinking and toughness. Love the style of play but clearly it, or the personnel, hasn't been up to par recently.

Now, ask me about my other side - Forza Juve! Win the league and generally do well in the Champions League. Finals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Nae. Thanks for the past but time to move on in my view.

Team needs fresh thinking and toughness. Love the style of play but clearly it, or the personnel, hasn't been up to par recently.

Now, ask me about my other side - Forza Juve! Win the league and generally do well in the Champions League. Finals this year.
    WSJ had a great article about Milan this week. Best of luck, pulling against Madrid just because.

And, because Italy has great memories for me.

And the rout is on . . . .

Think it has to be nae at this point. He has been remarkably consistent over the years, but Arsenal haven't legitimately competed for the title or in Europe for many years.

And the rout is on . . . .
    I don't pay attention to Premier League but did manage to see Bayern's remarkable comeback over Leipzig this morning in Bundesliga action.

Final day of the league Sunday. The PL does the last day of the season better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Final day of the league Sunday. The PL does the last day of the season better than anyone else.
    Indeed. Great tradition.

Arsenal, Man City, and Liverpool are all on edge. Although I think Man C has a goal differential difference over Arsenal too large to eclipse. Fixtures for them:

Man City @ (16) Watford
    Liverpool hosts (19) Middlesbrough
    Chelsea hosts (20) Sunderland

Hull City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland all relegated; no drama at the bottom of the table.

Go Liverpool!

Go Liverpool!
    Not in this house. COYG!

Not in this house. COYG!
    C'mon, join the fun. You'll never walk alone.

(we could agree to hate on Man City, but I think they're safe due to goal differential).

C'mon, join the fun. You'll never walk alone.

(we could agree to hate on Man City, but I think they're safe due to goal differential).
    Good one, OPK. (That song still reminds me of Jerry Lewis and the Labor Day Telethon.)

And agree on the Citizens...both items.

Good one, OPK. (That song still reminds me of Jerry Lewis and the Labor Day Telethon.)

And agree on the Citizens...both items.
    Pink Floyd's song Fearless features the home fans singing/chanting that song (sort of interwoven at points in the background in a Floyd-sort of way). Once I learned that was the origin of the fan song, I chose Liverpool as my team.

Great Floyd song from their transitional years, if you have 8-10 minutes or so.

Pink Floyd's song Fearless features the home fans singing/chanting that song (sort of interwoven at points in the background in a Floyd-sort of way). Once I learned that was the origin of the fan song, I chose Liverpool as my team.

Great Floyd song from their transitional years, if you have 8-10 minutes or so.
    Thanks. Won't get into PPB territory, but I will never...ever... listen to another Pink Floyd song. (Sorry)

Thanks. Won't get into PPB territory, but I will never...ever... listen to another Pink Floyd song. (Sorry)
    If it's any consolation, the rest of the band hates Roger Waters too.

If it's any consolation, the rest of the band hates Roger Waters too.
    And well they, and everyone else, should.

Thanks for the info, OPK.