Thread: Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne

Has anyone seen it/reviewed it? Have loved the franchise (least favorite was Jeremy Renner's "version") and am glad Matt is back. Trailers and shorts are great.

Always appreciate the comments/reviews here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Has anyone seen it/reviewed it? Have loved the franchise (least favorite was Jeremy Renner's "version") and am glad Matt is back. Trailers and shorts are great.

Always appreciate the comments/reviews here.
    In the Top 5 Movies of Summer thread someone posted a link to a review calling it the worst film of the summer. I replied to that with this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I saw it last night and agree with almost every word of that review. The film starts out ok, including an extended chase sequence through a protest/riot in Athens that is gorgeous and remarkably realistically staged, but soon becomes incredibly tedious and boring. At first I thought we were just getting build up to a clever finish that would tie everything together and turn the somewhat slow middle into some kind of interesting payoff, but that never even came close to happening. Instead, when the movie reaches its finale in Las Vegas (the final half hour of the flick) it veers into utter absurdity. Every single moment in Vegas is ridiculous with storytelling that is so bad, it almost seems like they were intentionally trying to commit every spy movie sin possible. It... is... awful!!!

I have never walked out of a movie in my life, but in the midst of Vincel Cassell and Matt Damon's climactic car chase, I came sooooo close to standing up and leaving. I was viscerally mad at the film at that point for treating the audience like idiots.

I'm hoping that all of you will not waste your money on this train wreck. Would folks be upset if I chronicled the numerous absurd plot devices in the finale that had me rolling my eyes?

-Jason "thanks to the robust international locales, this film will probably do good overseas business... but I really hope Damon does not get lured back to make another of these. The franchise is DONE" Evans
    Since I wrote that, a number of reviews have come out saying this is a decent film (there are also a number that do not like it). Rotten Tomatoes is decent with a 57% score. Of course, that is well below the other three films in the series which all scored in the 80s or 90s on RT. I'm not sure how anyone could overlook the excessive shaky camera and especially the utter absurdity of the final thirty minutes, but it seems some folks do like it.

Anyway, those are my comments. Once it has been out for a few days maybe we can talk about all the idiotic, unrealistic, absurd things that happen in the finale. Bad movies are almost as much fun as good ones some times

-Jason "45-year-old Matt Damon looks pretty old at times in this flick -- his days as an action star are rapidly dwindling" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I just got back from a 1:00 P.M. screening. It is up to all the other Bourne movies. Great action, much cut and run photo work, good acting and many switches of direction. It also ended with a tease for tomorrow.

Definitely worth the use of my Fandango coupon from giving blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I just got back from a 1:00 P.M. screening. It is up to all the other Bourne movies. Great action, much cut and run photo work, good acting and many switches of direction. It also ended with a tease for tomorrow.

Definitely worth the use of my Fandango coupon from giving blood.
    I'm a blood donor. How do I get Fandango coupons? All I ever get is OJ and a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I'm a blood donor. How do I get Fandango coupons? All I ever get is OJ and a cookie!
    Ha! One local car dealer if offering a $20 coupon for your next (over-priced) service there if you donate blood this weekend. I'd rather have an extra OJ and 2 cookies.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

All the reviews I have read (outside this thread) have been good. It's Greengrass, right? I'm not sure how bad it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    All the reviews I have read (outside this thread) have been good. It's Greengrass, right? I'm not sure how bad it could be.
    And wasn't it one of Damon's conditions to return that Greengrass direct?

Come to south Fl! Actually, this weekend you get two with the donation - and I'm. OK to go on Sunday. Think I'll pick up a pair of Fandango's then.😁😎😎😈

Different View

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In the Top 5 Movies of Summer thread someone posted a link to a review calling it the worst film of the summer. I replied to that with this comment:

Since I wrote that, a number of reviews have come out saying this is a decent film (there are also a number that do not like it). Rotten Tomatoes is decent with a 57% score. Of course, that is well below the other three films in the series which all scored in the 80s or 90s on RT. I'm not sure how anyone could overlook the excessive shaky camera and especially the utter absurdity of the final thirty minutes, but it seems some folks do like it.

Anyway, those are my comments. Once it has been out for a few days maybe we can talk about all the idiotic, unrealistic, absurd things that happen in the finale. Bad movies are almost as much fun as good ones some times

-Jason "45-year-old Matt Damon looks pretty old at times in this flick -- his days as an action star are rapidly dwindling" Evans
    I have not seen the movie but the LA Times reviewer LOVED it.

"Made with a palpable sense of urgency, this tense, propulsive motion picture is a model of what mainstream entertainment can be like when everything goes right."
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-jason-bourne-review-20160725-snap-story.html

SoCal

I prefer it when a get a Chick-Fil-A sandwich coupon for donating blood!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Son-of-weezie said it's lame. Apparently the theater crowd laughed out loud when Damon/Bourne was hiding behind a bus at one point? Lots of motorcycles, apparently trying to top the last Bond movie overabundance of helicopters?
    Guess I won't be seeing it until HBO.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'