Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For anyone who's interested, a trailer for season 2 came out yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

Season 1 was about as much fun as I've ever had with a tv show, so I'm really looking forward to this! The trailer looks much darker tone-wise than season 1 was, but I recall the light-hearted stuff was mostly omitted from season 1 trailers too.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Mixed feelings about a season 2.
    Hope I am wrong!
    Well, in my opinion you were definitely wrong!

Anyone else watch all of season two already?

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Finished this last night.
    Ready for 6 more episodes... The only things missing from 80s movies were a Delorean, a bullwhip and fedora and a parade to sing twist and shout...
    They had to save something for season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Often wrong, never in doubt.

I thoroughly enjoyed season two.

Ahead of already announced season three, it feels like Max’s family and Eleven’s sister were not really necessary additions to the plot.

Well done, and the nods to the Jordan and Eno from the Durham native Duffner brothers was fun to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

I have! I found the first couple episodes a bit slow but then just couldn't put it down after that. I think I liked it every bit as much as season 1 in the end.

In season 1, this show had maybe the best child acting ensemble I can remember on television 1. And then in season 2, they take the least celebrated actor out of the whole bunch, give him a huge role, and he proceeds to give maybe the best performance on the show yet. Pretty amazing IMO. The episode 8 sequence with Will gave me chills. Of course the super intense music helped too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufD2Vpc-zU

Agree that Max+Billie didn't end up being very important to the plot although I found both fun to watch. And if we didn't have Max, we probably never would have gotten Steve's very fun arc this season.
    Last edited by darthur; 10-30-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Season 2 was pretty good but not as good at season 1. They could have done without throwing Eleven into a live-action anime in Episode 7, but maybe theres a reason for that episode later on in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Definitely an ode to 80s era movies/TV, down to the soundtrack, even. And it even has Winona Ryder and Matthew Modine, whose careers kinda scream "late 80s."

Totally binge watched this one. Not a perfect series, but pretty good and creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Original with strong 80s influences.
    Does anyone think naming a character Hopper was a nod to Dennis Hopper, given the 80s references and that was the time of a career revival for Hopper? Had a conversation about this w/ someone, but we could find nothing on the internet that might confirm the guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    Goonies and ET are right in my wheelhouse, so I watched Season 1 of Stranger Things this week. Unfortunately, it didn't resonate with me like it did with apparently everyone else. Not at all. But, maybe it's because I'm not interested in the genre? IDK.
    I watched the first episode of Season 1 and couldn't get into it. It was such a perfect nod to so many things, it seemed derivative and like there was no room left for originality. The characters came across as cliches and I didn't care about anyone. Had no interest in watching a second episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I watched the first episode of Season 1 and couldn't get into it. It was such a perfect nod to so many things, it seemed derivative and like there was no room left for originality. The characters came across as cliches and I didn't care about anyone. Had no interest in watching a second episode.
    Well, I think the overwhelming majority of people would say you made a mistake. Maybe try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Here's what Stranger Things itself has to say on the season 1 story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrRddc0HXSg&t=5m46s

The show's style is definitely not for everyone, but FWIW you won't find too many people who have watched it through and don't like the characters. They are quite a bit deeper than they first appear and the acting is really good across the board.

Finished season two last night. I thought it was a strong follow-up up season.

I didn't love what they did with Eleven's story arc. Episode 7 was certainly a little strange. Felt more like Suicide Squad than Stranger Things.

The Dustin and Steve moments may have been my favorites from this season. Just outstanding.

Am planning to watch it this week (just finished up Mindhuntet last night). Can’t wait!

I just binge-watched seasons one and two. Awesome show. I love that the kids are people, not some dumbed-down version of a human that most TV and films (and let's be honest, meatspace adults) consider them to be.

Perfect Stranger Things... now this is some brilliant programming!

--Jason "I'm only on ep 8 of season two... I'll be chiming in in this thread soon!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We just started it too and are also loving it. E.T. + The Goonies + The X-Files with a killer soundtrack.
    I used the EXACT same analogy when explaining it to a friend that asked me what it was like.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Perfect Stranger Things... now this is some brilliant programming!

--Jason "I'm only on ep 8 of season two... I'll be chiming in in this thread soon!" Evans
    How did you stop after episode 8?! I could see stopping after episode 7 but not after episode 8...

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    How did you stop after episode 8?! I could see stopping after episode 7 but not after episode 8...
    "On episode 8" means I stopped after 7 and am about to watch 8.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "On episode 8" means I stopped after 7 and am about to watch 8.
    Ah. Okay. You are forgiven . Enjoy the last 2! Curious to hear your thoughts when you are done.

My wife and I finished Season 2 last night and loved it. I have read a lot of reviews saying that this season is a step down from S1, but I loved it every bit as much (true confession: the subject matter, themes, homages, really everything about the show is tailor-made for me, a child of the '80s and a current junior high teacher). I agree somewhat that episode 7 is a perplexing departure within this season, but I have to think that some of its plot points will end up mattering next season. And I thought the ending to this season was very poignant (again, I can't help but feel that way, given that I spend my days among people exactly the age of the core characters).
    This series is truly one of my favorite things I've seen in a long, long time, and firmly entrenched in my personal top 5 shows of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife and I finished Season 2 last night and loved it. I have read a lot of reviews saying that this season is a step down from S1, but I loved it every bit as much (true confession: the subject matter, themes, homages, really everything about the show is tailor-made for me, a child of the '80s and a current junior high teacher). I agree somewhat that episode 7 is a perplexing departure within this season, but I have to think that some of its plot points will end up mattering next season. And I thought the ending to this season was very poignant (again, I can't help but feel that way, given that I spend my days among people exactly the age of the core characters).
    This series is truly one of my favorite things I've seen in a long, long time, and firmly entrenched in my personal top 5 shows of all time.
    I’m in the minority because I liked episode 7. I think it added some nice backstory and depth to Eleven/Jane. Plus, she was given the opportunity to either leave or return. So I think it’s important that she now feels like being in Hawkins is her choice now and she isn’t some outsider or prisoner. It’s her home now.