Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Yeah, that 008 speech started out very Yoda/Luke in the swamp with the x-wing, then turned very Emperor/Luke with the "use your hate" to win. I've seen a lot better Star Wars stuff in that show too. I'm kind of shocked it hasn't really been mentioned in the show. They're right in that ESB/ROTJ sweetspot. When I was a little younger than those kids during that timeframe, I was 80% Star Wars, 20% Ghostbusters.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    I would like to see another like 011 or 008 come along with the power to heal, and use that power to relieve Mama of her hellish loop.

The upside down could re-emerge with the spraying of Hopper and Dustin, the Demo-dog in the freezer, the shadow monster dust from Will that went into the sky in this world, or whatever other way they cook up.

I am ready for seasons 3-7 NOW. This show is addicting. Oh well, when does season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet get released?

Just finished season 2 and loved it. Tough break for Bob at the end, I loved the early-techy angle he had. Very interested to see where the show goes next. The fact that the season in Hawkins reached a crescendo, only to have 11 swoop in and play hero seemed convenient, and worries me that the next season is going to be about special powers rather than the people.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Finished this last night.
    Ready for 6 more episodes... The only things missing from 80s movies were a Delorean, a bullwhip and fedora and a parade to sing twist and shout...

As an added bonus - The creators are from Durham
    http://www.newsobserver.com/entertai...e88426297.html
    Stranger things creators getting sued for stealing the idea for the show. Normally, you see this type of thing and it's someone just trying to get money/attention. But, if the accusations are true, it's pretty messed up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...le-his-n862706

Don't know what's going on, but I haven't been able to post links today. When I enter the URL, it shows up in the code as a double quoted entry, and won't create a link, even if I manually put in the code. Oh well.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 04-04-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: FIXED LINK TAGS

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Stranger things creators getting sued for stealing the idea for the show. Normally, you see this type of thing and it's someone just trying to get money/attention. But, if the accusations are true, it's pretty messed up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...le-his-n862706

Don't know what's going on, but I haven't been able to post links today. When I enter the URL, it shows up in the code as a double quoted entry, and won't create a link, even if I manually put in the code. Oh well.
    I have not seen the complaint, but per the article, this guy is suing for “breach of implied contract.” I would love to know what the terms of the implied contract are. Everyone decided to make a show/movie together after meeting at a party?
    Carolina delenda est

I enjoy Stranger Things, but the show's concept steals heavily from the 80's and a whole lot of sci fi that has come before it, and is not the least bit shy about admitting to those facts. In fact, the show essentially thrives BECAUSE it is so heavily borrowed from its predecessors. It doesn't sound like this "Montauk" fella had any original ideas either, so I don't see what the big deal is. The only detail that raises any eyebrows thus far is that Stranger Things was initially called Montauk. But again...all the other plot points mentioned in that are so generic, it's hard to put much stock in this so far. And I don't think anyone can reasonably claim intellectual property rights to the name of a town.

Season three trailer... looks like fun! Love the opening scene...

-Jason "the kids are really growing up" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?