Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't read unless you're a fanboy

I'm back.

Did ya miss me?

I wanted to let everyone know about an exciting spa program I've found.

Here's what you get.

Private room
    Private restroom
    TV
    Internet
    Direct TV
    Three squares a day, especially picked by a trained team of nutrition experts for your exact dietary needs.
    Snacks available on request.
    Delivered to your room. And you don't have to tip.
    Walking partners
    And a adjustable bed, from where you can even turn off the TV and the lights.

When you leave, you have official permission to not do any hard work. No heavy lifting, nothing heavier than the remote.

And best of all, someone else pays for all of this. Or most of it. Or some of it. Something like that. Seemed complicated. And I was sleepy.

If this sounds appealing, call your local hospital and ask for the Double By-Pass Plan.

Mention my name and you get a free oil change.

Yikes. Sounds horrible. Welcome back, and glad you are okay!

Glad you are back and on the mend. Did devildeac come by with any words of wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    ... No heavy lifting, nothing heavier than the remote.

How are you supposed to go to the bathroom?

We did miss you. Welcome back to the refurbished you!

No offense, Jim, but that doesn't sound like a great spa. Of course, if you come out feeling better than when you went in, it isn't so bad. Continued good health to you.

(Does fangirl count? If not, forget I read this.)

Wow, that sounds terrible. Take it easy and recover. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Hope you feel better, Jim!!!

I'm back.

Did ya miss me?

I wanted to let everyone know about an exciting spa program I've found.

Here's what you get.

Private room
    Private restroom
    TV
    Internet
    Direct TV
    Three squares a day, especially picked by a trained team of nutrition experts for your exact dietary needs.
    Snacks available on request.
    Delivered to your room. And you don't have to tip.
    Walking partners
    And a adjustable bed, from where you can even turn off the TV and the lights.

When you leave, you have official permission to not do any hard work. No heavy lifting, nothing heavier than the remote.

And best of all, someone else pays for all of this. Or most of it. Or some of it. Something like that. Seemed complicated. And I was sleepy.

If this sounds appealing, call your local hospital and ask for the Double By-Pass Plan.

Mention my name and you get a free oil change.
    Slacker! I was on the Quadruple By-Pass Plan.

Great to see you made it!

Jim, since you are drawing so many fanboys, you might want to think about a merchandise link. Just sayin'

Fangirl here, wishing you continued good health! Way to make an entrance!
    For a second, I thought you might have been locked up in Butner...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    No offense, Jim, but that doesn't sound like a great spa. Of course, if you come out feeling better than when you went in, it isn't so bad. Continued good health to you.

(Does fangirl count? If not, forget I read this.)
    Actually came out feeling worse than I went in.

But should be a big long-term improvement.

In fact, might not have had a long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Glad you are back and on the mend. Did devildeac come by with any words of wisdom?
    Whoa! I had no idea. Jim never contacted me .

Get well/better. Soon.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Whoa! I had no idea. Jim never contacted me .

Get well/better. Soon.
    My insurance company is paying a lot of money for people to do this on the clock.

No reason to ask a friend to do it off the clock.

But if you want to be in charge of rehab.

The whole thing was kind of weird. Never had a heart attack, never really had chest pains. Echo test suggested some arterial blockage.

Went into Wake Med Wednesday for a procedure to install a stent.

Back home next day. Back to normal, 3-5 days.

Piece of cake.

But the blockage was at a bifurcation point. The proposed stent would have blocked another artery and accomplished nothing.

So, they kept me around, had the surgery Friday afternoon. Got out of ICU noonish Saturday. No complications, so they sent me home Tuesday, all the boxes checked.

Recovery 6-8 weeks. So, even the worse end of that spectrum will have me up to speed well before Duke's opener.

Please fell free to contact me via notification for further details if you have the time and inclination.

It's not like I'm going anywhere.)

For Christmas, I'm asking my kids to get me a "I spent my mid-60s-in-and-out-of-hospitals-and-all-I-got-was-this-lousy-T-shirt shirt for Christmas.

Jim,

It's great to hear you are on the mend. Listen to the Docs (unless Devildeac is providing betting odds) and rest up!
    Bob Green

Maybe we have the makings of a vigil thread with some form of over/under component. This IS DBR! 😂😎

My insurance company is paying a lot of money for people to do this on the clock.

The whole thing was kind of weird. Never had a heart attack, never really had chest pains. Echo test suggested some arterial blockage.

Piece of cake.

But the blockage was at a bifurcation point. The proposed stent would have blocked another artery and accomplished nothing.

So, they kept me around, had the surgery Friday afternoon. Got out of ICU noonish Saturday. No complications, so they sent me home Tuesday, all the boxes checked.

Recovery 6-8 weeks. So, even the worse end of that spectrum will have me up to speed well before Duke's opener.

Please fell free to contact me via notification for further details if you have the time and inclination.

For Christmas, I'm asking my kids to get me a "I spent my mid-60s-in-and-out-of-hospitals-and-all-I-got-was-this-lousy-T-shirt shirt for Christmas.
    This fanboy wishes you all the best for a full recovery and a long term. May you have many more occasions to have your sources questioned by many newer posters as they learn more about DBR.

welcome back....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Piece of cake.

Bypass surgery makes total sense in the scenario you're describing. Going home on the 4th post-op day sounds like an almost perfect sequence of events occurred from Friday to Tuesday.

I'd have "worked" for your insurance company, too.

I'll send you my cell # via PM. I've got the time and the inclination.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.