Walking on Sunshine (Ow! Ow!)

More from the shallow end of the gene pool:

Walking across hot coals is a regular feature of motivational speaker Tony Robbins’s seminars. The act is meant to symbolize overcoming fear.

But at his “Unleash the Power Within” event in Dallas, Texas, on Thursday, more than 30 people were treated for burns due to the walk. Five were taken to the hospital that night, while the rest were treated on site for burns, said Jason Evans, a public information officer with Dallas Fire-Rescue, in a statement.

Dallas Fire-Rescue was dispatched to the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center on Thursday night just after 11pm, according to Evans.
    Paul Gold, who sustained second-degree burns on his feet, told the Associated Press that he thought event staff didn’t wait long enough before adding more coals to the fire, resulting in the injuries.
    Jason, I thought you lived in Atlanta.

Know of a guy who at a bachelor-party camping trip thought it would be neat to jump over the fire in the fire pit, slipped, and met with bad results. As insane (and drunk) as that sounds, soberly paying money to walk on hot coals at a seminar somehow seems worse.

Well, normally it's safe due to the low conductivity of the wood or something like that.
    The Gordog

How disappointing. I thought this was going to start a "Katrina and the Waves" thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tony must be the most amazing motivational speaker ever...or is in the bloodline of The Black Knight.

Firewalker #2 "I'm not going, that guy who just went is in agony and on the phone with 911!"

Tony "Tis but a minor skin irritation, you can do it."

Firewalker #3 "I'm not going, that first guy just handed his 911 call to the second guy!"

Tony "He's a crybaby, you can do it!"

And somehow he convinced at least 30 more people that they would be fine and better for the experience. Dude earns his dough!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tony must be the most amazing motivational speaker ever...or is in the bloodline of The Black Knight.

Firewalker #2 "I'm not going, that guy who just went is in agony and on the phone with 911!"

Tony "Tis but a minor skin irritation, you can do it."

Firewalker #3 "I'm not going, that first guy just handed his 911 call to the second guy!"

Tony "He's a crybaby, you can do it!"

And somehow he convinced at least 30 more people that they would be fine and better for the experience. Dude earns his dough!
    I only feel bad for the first "firewalker." The rest deserve the ridicule they are receiving. The last 10 or 15 should be summarily removed from the gene pool.

This event and Brexit make me realize that Trump really does have a shot at being president.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ...The last 10 or 15 should be summarily removed from the gene pool...
    Was it mentioned upstream that there were 'selfies' being taken which caused the hot coal back up? Heard that in a report. Just love it!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Seems sad to me to see them waste all that good charcoal with so many Porterhouse and rib eyes to grill. Darwin at work...