Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,441 to 1,459 of 1459
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    If only someone could have foreseen this happening! Oh well, caught everyone by surprise so what can you do, right?
    To be fair, can you really deny the charm of Nigel Farage? Dude has serious rizz.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    So is there any chance they ask to get back in? Only read the 1st article, there's no mention of such a scenario. Has the barn door been closed and locked?
    Bre-join?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    So is there any chance they ask to get back in? Only read the 1st article, there's no mention of such a scenario. Has the barn door been closed and locked?
    Can't sovereign nations do what they want? It may take a unanimous vote to amend the EU charter, buy I expect it can be done.

I just want to be on the Euro side of the bargaining table if the Brits come crawling back.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Can't sovereign nations do what they want? It may take a unanimous vote to amend the EU charter, buy I expect it can be done.

I just want to be on the Euro side of the bargaining table if the Brits come crawling back.
    Nothing in the EU charter would have to be changed. They would follow the normal membership process but on an expedited timeline. The truth is the UK would be welcomed back with open arms like the prodigal son returning home. Politically and culturally they've always aligned with Northern Europe. The Low countries would get their partner back. So CHECK. The UK is still the preferred destination for people from Eastern Europe looking for work and as a trade partner. CHECK. Southern Europe loves that the British spend money. CHECK. Germany's not going to put up a fuss because they are too pragmatic. CHECK. There would be some push back from the French because...well they're French but even they know the importance plus they get an "I told you so" over the British for all time. CHECK. There would be zero real opposition from anyone in the EU. The UK would get to continue to use the Pound but other special dispensations would not return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Nothing in the EU charter would have to be changed. They would follow the normal membership process but on an expedited timeline. The truth is the UK would be welcomed back with open arms like the prodigal son returning home. Politically and culturally they've always aligned with Northern Europe. The Low countries would get their partner back. So CHECK. The UK is still the preferred destination for people from Eastern Europe looking for work and as a trade partner. CHECK. Southern Europe loves that the British spend money. CHECK. Germany's not going to put up a fuss because they are too pragmatic. CHECK. There would be some push back from the French because...well they're French but even they know the importance plus they get an "I told you so" over the British for all time. CHECK. There would be zero real opposition from anyone in the EU. The UK would get to continue to use the Pound but other special dispensations would not return.
    It solves a lot of problems in both the UK and Ireland regarding customs checks, border hardening, and tensions. CHECK.

It's about bloody time. It's been over two year since they had a government.

The late night vote to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland

For most of my life if you told Sinn Féin would hold first minister in Northern Ireland I would had you fitted for a straight jack.

It's about bloody time. It's been over two year since they had a government.

The late night vote to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland

For most of my life if you told Sinn Féin would hold first minister in Northern Ireland I would had you fitted for a straight jack.
    Strange times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Strange times indeed.
    Zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Zombie.
    What’s in your head?

I'm not sure if this says more about Truss or CPAC. I mean, have they seen her speeches?

Confirmed Speaker: PM Liz Truss for CPAC in DC 2024

Liz is starting a "new movement" aiming to push the ruling Conservative Party more toward the right. Good luck with that. The last time got us Brexit.

I'm not sure if this says more about Truss or CPAC. I mean, have they seen her speeches?

Confirmed Speaker: PM Liz Truss for CPAC in DC 2024
    Word on the street is that the head of lettuce was busy.

Word on the street is that the head of lettuce was busy.
    Even video stream, the head of lettuce was more productive because it was turned into compost.

Plus, I think the lettuce was a romaine-er.

(Sorry, I’ll show myself out)

Must spread sporks.

You can take the poster out of the LTE but you can't take the LTE out of the poster.

I don’t know whether to flame you or admit to being greens with envy.
    Carolina delenda est

Anything that requires unanimity is going to be at risk, because Orban.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Anything that requires unanimity is going to be at risk, because Orban.
    Orbán is pro-UK. He was the only EU leader that put the blame on the EU because of the way it had treated the UK. (I don't agree with him. This was an own goal). He specially called out the appoint of Jean-Claude Juncker as President of the European Commission which the UK opposed. He also said the EU shouldn't "punish" the U.K. in the exit negotiations.

I'm telling you it would be the the prodigal son returning home. Every EU nation sees them as an ally even the French.

Tucker Carlson, who’s spent a fortune on lawyers to say he’s not a journalist, had a chat with Putin this week. Somehow BoJo comes out looking the best for supporting Ukraine’s fight against an invading army. I’m going to 2x the whole thing later this morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tedition_email

This is just a reminder that extremism goes both ways. Labour (and the Tories but mainly Labour) lost a by-election yesterday to a person they throw out of the party over a decade ago. George Galloway of the far-left Workers Party of Britain won yesterday. Labour disowned their own candidate for comments about the situation in the Middle East and Galloway waltz to victory. This was Labour's first big problem in the lead up to the next election. Labour had hope that the Jeremy Corbyn wing was done. Well it just left. It parallels some of the headwinds that Biden is facing here.