Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Congrats! Cleveland, James, Kyrie, Dahntay!

Career defining night for LBJ
    Last edited by Newton_14; 06-19-2016 at 11:19 PM.

History in many ways- heck of a game

Kyrie hits the big shot, but the story will always be about Lebron. Well-deserved. Coming back from 3-1 against that team is more impressive than anything he did in Miami.

Heat fans--at least the ones in my social media circles--surprisingly not all that salty.

The King stay the King.

I can't recall a more emotional team in professional sports. That was pretty raw.

So happy for two of my fellow Duke family members tonight. It's an honor cheering for my Duke alums in all walks of life.

Kyrie with that fade away dagger 3 in Curry's face made my night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Kyrie hits the big shot, but the story will always be about Lebron. Well-deserved. Coming back from 3-1 against that team is more impressive than anything he did in Miami.

Heat fans--at least the ones in my social media circles--surprisingly not all that salty.

The King stay the King.
    Nor should Heat fans be salty. They were the ones who had fortune fall in their lap when James deserted Cleveland for greener pastures. Only fair that Cleveland get him back once Miami's star faded.

Gotta love the Warriors fans booing Adam Silver.

Great series. Great to see James shake off some bad performances in the first 3 games to go into Finals assassin mode.

Emotion by James is legit; that's his hometown and that's a MAJOR monkey off his back - quiets the critics and brings the trophy to a city starving for one.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Nor should Heat fans be salty. They were the ones who had fortune fall in their lap when James deserted Cleveland for greener pastures. Only fair that Cleveland get him back once Miami's star faded.
    Well, he was extremely unprofessional on his way out, but I think overall, we'll take it.

Also, Kevin Love played a pretty big role tonight. 14 boards and a GREAT defensive play on Curry near the end of the game. Stuck with Curry the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Well, he was extremely unprofessional on his way out, but I think overall, we'll take it.
    He was a lot less unprofessional on the way out than he was on the way in.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I am so happy for Kyrie and Lebron I don't know what to do! Kyrie plays his tail off the entire series, hits the dagger 3 for the winning basket.. Lebron brings the first NBA Title to a title drought stricken city of Cleveland, finishes with a Triple Double in one of the greatest Game 7's in NBA History, and leaves it all on the floor. Exhausted at the end mentally and physically. Comes back from 3-1, which had never been done in the finals, against one of the greatest NBA teams of all time, and wins Game 7 on their floor? That's just storybook stuff right there.

I know some don't believe the colleges the players came from matter, but it matters to me. I was pulling hard for our former Blue Devils Kyrie and Dahntay, as well as pulling extremely hard against HeWhoShallNotBeNamed, who played like crap for 7 games, and showed us once again that back in 2010, Duke got the best player and Unc-Cheat got the lesser player. So for me personally, a great night for this Blue Devil fan.

Congrats Kyrie, Dahntay, Lebron and the City of Cleveland. Well deserved!

You are forever NBA Champions in 2016.

P.S. > Kyrie is so well spoken. His interview just now was great. Love that kid and very proud he is a Blue Devil.

As a long-suffering Cleveland born sports fan this was sweet. As a Duke fan I cannot help think what might have been in 2011 with a healthy Kyrie. What a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I am so happy for Kyrie and Lebron I don't know what to do! Kyrie plays his tail off the entire series, hits the dagger 3 for the winning basket.. Lebron brings the first NBA Title to a title drought stricken city of Cleveland, finishes with a Triple Double in one of the greatest Game 7's in NBA History, and leaves it all on the floor. Exhausted at the end mentally and physically. Comes back from 3-1, which had never been done in the finals, against one of the greatest NBA teams of all time, and wins Game 7 on their floor? That's just storybook stuff right there.

I know some don't believe the colleges the players came from matter, but it matters to me. I was pulling hard for our former Blue Devils Kyrie and Dahntay, as well as pulling extremely hard against HeWhoShallNotBeNamed, who played like crap for 7 games, and showed us once again that back in 2010, Duke got the best player and Unc-Cheat got the lesser player. So for me personally, a great night for this Blue Devil fan.

Congrats Kyrie, Dahntay, Lebron and the City of Cleveland. Well deserved!

You are forever NBA Champions in 2016.

P.S. > Kyrie is so well spoken. His interview just now was great. Love that kid and very proud he is a Blue Devil.
    Just goes to show- Bron can't win without a Duke guy on his team

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Props for posting this! Definitely going into my video library! Tried to give you tridents but I have to spread the love!

My office mate at work was born and raised in Ohio near Cleveland, and is a diehard Cleveland Fan in every major sport. He lives and breathes it, which is great. He is one of the true long-suffering fans, and just asked me during texting if crying was allowed, and I said heck yeah dude. It was crying time for sure for fans like him. Going to be a fun day at work tomorrow with him.

man, it's got to make you think about all the "greatest team ever" crap shoved in lebron's face along with the "curry is the best player in the nba" crap just pissed him off...

that was a nice ribeye to watch...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

(Context, in case anyone's wondering.)

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    So happy for two of my fellow Duke family members tonight. It's an honor cheering for my Duke alums in all walks of life.

Kyrie with that fade away dagger 3 in Curry's face made my night.
    I agree it sealed the deal for Uncle Drew and the Kyrie Irving megastar.
    Happy for Le Bron.
    Happy for Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. I have a deceased relative that was a Cleveland native but made his fame and fortune in Las Vegas and La Costa. Allard Roen who went to Duke but did not graduate. He was on TV when the Tournament of Champions check was given to the winner. Cleveland has a very hipster downtown. Standard Oil and the Rockefeller's fortune took place in that downtown. Very great architecture from the past.