Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Holly Sonders brought assets to the coverage!
    Which one was Holly???

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Which one was Holly???
    She was the one in the blew dress !
    I can only imagine she would be a nice asset to have!!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I know we often complain about the TV coverage of sports events. There was one thing that Fox did that I liked, the split screen where you can see the golfer taking the shot, and also the computer-aided thingy tracking it; it made it easier to tell if the ball was going to be in the fairway.

That was the only good thing about the coverage. The commentators were beyond terrible (and I normally don't mind Joe Buck). They had virtually nothing interesting or non-obvious to say.
    Agreed. Joe Buck is a terrible golf commentator.

I, too, thought the split screen thing with the right side looking like a video game was pretty cool.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Agreed. Joe Buck is a terrible golf commentator.

I, too, thought the split screen thing with the right side looking like a video game was pretty cool.
    To me, it wasn't just Buck. Azinger and Faxon were also terrible. And on the FS1 coverage, if the British guy whose name escapes me had said one more time that we are "very welcome" to their coverage, my head was going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    To me, it wasn't just Buck. Azinger and Faxon were also terrible. And on the FS1 coverage, if the British guy whose name escapes me had said one more time that we are "very welcome" to their coverage, my head was going to explode.
    Yea, Joe Buck was truly terrible, almost unbearable to listen to. I think he has an advanced degree from the School of Broadcasting Sports Cliches. Absolutely no feel for the game of golf. Azinger was OK but I'm not sure what Brad Faxon really added to the color commentary. And the British dude....did Fox think if they had someone with a British accent, it would give them more prestige?