NASCAR Driving Experience/Andretti Driving School

Anyone done this before or considering it?

Finally redeemed my 60th birthday/Father's Day gift from a couple years ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway yesterday. Exhilarating and frightening.

Arrived at about 1130, checked in and went to class for about 45 minutes about the what to do and what not to do and how to drive a racing machine on the CMS. Finally got in the car about 230 and spent 6 laps on the track for about 8 minutes with a top speed of 137.93 MPH. Alone except for almost constant radio contact with my spotter in the stands. Mrs dd put it on my bucket list (24.gif)and I proudly/happily/gratefully crossed it off shortly before 300.

If you've got anyone coming up with a milestone event, I strongly urge y'all to consider this, looking for specials/deals for several months before the occasion. My wife got mine for about 1/3 of the MSRP as a Father's Day special from the CMS website.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ... Exhilarating and frightening ... a top speed of 137.93 MPH. Alone except for almost constant radio contact with my spotter ...
    Alone? Yikes. I recall seeing video of the football team doing ride-alongs as a Belk Bowl activity, and some of the guys seemed shaken, and that was with a professional driver doing the driving. I'd be pretty frightened if it was just me -- don't think I'd get to 137 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Alone? Yikes. I recall seeing video of the football team doing ride-alongs as a Belk Bowl activity, and some of the guys seemed shaken, and that was with a professional driver doing the driving. I'd be pretty frightened if it was just me -- don't think I'd get to 137 mph.
    The guy in front of me in line had ridden with a professional driver about an hour before his drive and his speed was estimated at 178 mph. He freely admitted he felt nauseated for part of his ride. Our redline or "chip" was 5000 RPM at which time the fuel supply was reduced and you could hear the "popping" and feel the sputtering/shaking at that point but only briefly as we were instructed to lift our big toe and the RPMs would drop to 4600-4800 again. I thought I might have hit 150 MPH but really had no clue how fast I was driving until I received my certificate after the drive. My hands trembled for about 15-20 minutes after exiting the car (under my own power ).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sounds like a blast! Very glad to hear you enjoyed the experience.

I'm actually looking for a track to run my new CTS-V. It's worthy of track time.

No, I have not done this before but I am considering it. I am looking for racing car Driving School in Las Vegas. After that I will consider NASCAR Driving Experience.