Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
Another great podcast with Justice this week. Brilliant!
Justice is so funny. Loved his insight to Duke. He thoughts on K. The weekly/daily meeting with him. His roommate Grayson on how they didn't get on at the start and what good friends they are today. Plus the confession about how self centered he was at the start of his Duke journey to the change to being a team centered person. Then there is the funny banter back and fourth between him and Jon. So funny. Outstanding entertainment!
Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
I enjoyed this podcast. I don't think I had previously heard a Justice interview. I was surprised that he was so funny and sarcastic.
Keep up the good work, Mr. Scheyer.
Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
This was extremely interesting and just shows that unless you have a real inside contact with the program, you have no idea what is happening. Justise, by his own admission, didn't care about anyone other than himself when he got to Duke, and even before. On his official visit, Jah and Tyus were thick as thieves so Justise kept heading off with people he knew from Texas, leaving Scheyer and Capel in a panic about whether or not he was really interested. Forced to live with Grayson, he basically ignored him because he just didn't care about him. For a guy who projects so much, I don't know, "goodness", it is a reminder that these kids can be complete egomaniacs (as every one of my pre-teen children are - perhaps real adulthood is finally understanding that you are not the only person in the universe) but K laid the smack down and told him to knock it off. Really interesting...and, as the others have said, funny too. The kid has wry charm.
I got behind on these podcasts and just listened to the Justise one this morning. Agreed on the praise above. He has a very offbeat, humorous personality. I literally did a spit-take when Coach Scheyer and he were arguing about the 2010 vs 2015 championship teams and Justise went straight to the "We have more heart than you guys" argument.