Hernia surgery for K

Get well soon Coach! He and Grayson can compare notes on recovery.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Maggots! I don't like the way the K-health-line is trending.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I think he's on the frequent buyer plan.

Every 10th surgery is free.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

LOL, I hope he got a better deal than that with Duke Med (or "Duke Health" now?). Sometime, like ....buy five, get the sixth one free.

In all seriousness, I've had hernia surgery. Relatively simple and straightforward but still takes some time to fully recover. You are quite sore "down there" for a few weeks.

And I wish him good luck and a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

It's part of his master plan to become bionic. He's just replacing all of his body parts one at a time.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    It's part of his master plan to become bionic. He's just replacing all of his body parts one at a time.
    What if someone is secretly saving all the old Coach K body parts to create a new "original" Coach K? Which would be the "real" one?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    What if someone is secretly saving all the old Coach K body parts to create a new "original" Coach K? Which would be the "real" one?
    Presumably, both! I would be fine with this plan, provided we could eventually end up with an army of Coach K's!

Is he still on for the commencement speech this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    LOL, I hope he got a better deal than that with Duke Med (or "Duke Health" now?). Sometime, like ...buy five, get the sixth one free.

In all seriousness, I've had hernia surgery. Relatively simple and straightforward but still takes some time to fully recover. You are quite sore "down there" for a few weeks.

And I wish him good luck and a speedy recovery!
    Just don't sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Just don't sneeze.
    No doubt. I had this surgery a few years ago. Not too long of a recovery, but you don't think about how important those muscles are until you try to get in or out of bed. Or stand. Or sit. Or or or.

Get well soon, Coach!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Is he still on for the commencement speech this weekend?
    I have heard YES.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No doubt. I had this surgery a few years ago. Not too long of a recovery, but you don't think about how important those muscles are until you try to get in or out of bed. Or stand. Or sit. Or or or.

Get well soon, Coach!!!!!!
    I was unfortunate enough to have had the hernia surgery at age 22. Surgery itself was fine (in and out of the hospital in under 4 hours), and as you said the recovery time was minimal (back to all general, minimal weight-bearing activities within a week or so). But, oh man, did the little things hurt. It's hard to adequately describe the searing pain that a sneeze caused.

Much akin to giving birth. But not the total panoply of fun.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I guess this means that Roy will go out and get hernia surgery in a couple weeks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I guess this means that Roy will go out and get hernia surgery in a couple weeks, right?
    No, but Roy offered the surgeon's son.

Turns out the nurse was a UNC "grad". She overheard K offer his son as he emerged from anesthesia . She called the UNC Parr Center for Ethics to report.

Roy was writing an AFAM paper at the time (euphemism for golfing), but he Skyped Fats nonetheless. Both spoke rudimentary Swahili online, and Fats promised to deliver the nurse a Hertz Camaro for 6 months gratis.

Lastly, Roy promised he'd send Tyler over to read "Chicken Little" to the nurse's 1st grader for "Show & Tell".

The "Carolina Way" is strong as ever...

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseDevil View Post
    No, but Roy offered the surgeon's son.

Turns out the nurse was a UNC "grad". She overheard K offer his son as he emerged from anesthesia . She called the UNC Parr Center for Ethics to report.

Roy was writing an AFAM paper at the time (euphemism for golfing), but he Skyped Fats nonetheless. Both spoke rudimentary Swahili online, and Fats promised to deliver the nurse a Hertz Camaro for 6 months gratis.

Lastly, Roy promised he'd send Tyler over to read "Chicken Little" to the nurse's 1st grader for "Show & Tell".

The "Carolina Way" is strong as ever...
    Well done, but you missed one: roy threw the women's golf team under the cart, err, bus.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.