I just finished the first Game of Thrones on Audiobook. If not for Audible I wouldn't read half as many books as I do. Finding time to read is a troublesome task for me but being able to listen in the car and at the gym really helps, especially for fiction. I tend to zone out too much for listening to non-fiction so generally read those types of titles.

Also, I finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King a few weeks back. It was really great. No horror or spookiness in the story. I would highly recommend it even if you think you don't like King. It's about a guy who, through time travel, has the opportunity to stop the assassination of JFK. My way of judging whether or not a fiction novel was good or not is if I am sad to finish it and I was completely bummed it was over.

Somewhere upthread someone mentioned Destiny of the Republic and I concur. Fantastic read!

Will read the second Game of Thrones book next. Thought the first one was good but not great but as others have said the second book is supposed to be better. We will see.